User Tag List

Page 1155 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 155 655 1055 1105 1145 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1165 1205 1255 1655 2155 ... LastLast
Results 17,311 to 17,325 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I tossed the Prime Rib ( yes another roast) into the oven around 9:30 a.m. added the cut new potatoes into the drippings around noon. Tossed a small Caesar together and could not help myself, I ate my " breakfast " dinner at 2 p.m. today, the gang will eat theirs shortly lol

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Homemade Burgers with Fries and Gravy
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Tonight will be boneless pork chops seasoned with salt and Pepper and paprika in a nice mushroom sauce with mashed potatoes, turnips and carrots mashed together and a green salad. I feel the need for an apple pie. I made some in the fall and froze them, so will take 1 out of the freezer and bake it in time for dinner.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last night was the $6 deluxe cheeseburger meal from DQ - hadn't had food from there in ages, and it was all good! Awesome fries, great grilled burger with fresh veggies, huge drink, and a pineapple sundae to boot. Plus, ordered a basket of onion rings (they are fab!).

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

my husband is sanding my new countertops so the kitchen is not really useable. I'm going to make some French onion soup later and sandwiches.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight is what I am calling fake stew. I used all flavours of stew using things that needed to be used up. Put some leftover Garden Cocktail with some frozen Beef Drippin in the Crock Pot with a baggie of shredded beef from the freezer as well as some chopped carrots and mushrooms. I made this yesterday so tonight I just need to heat up thicken and serve over mashed potatoes with homemade French Bread.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

spent the weekend at the cabin, so much eating and food! all delicious..incl fried pork, deep fried turkey, calamari (I have a new secret recipe!) lots of different kinds of fish..the list goes on..luckily, this evening I'm going to my grandmother's (not the one in the pic) for sunday evening jiggs dinner - roast beef, salt meat, peas pudding, other yummy puddings, carrot, potato, turnip, cabbage all slathered in gravy..yummo!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

At 6:00 a.m. I was in a cooking mood, but wanted to use the lobster tails that have been in the freezer for a while so, with the help of Canadian Living on line recipes I made a delicious soup! ( chowder)

Here is the recipe if anyone wants

Roasted Corn and Lobster Chowder

• Portion size 6

Ingredients

• 2 large corn cobs, husked
    • 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper, (approx)
    • 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
    • 2 potatoes, cubed
    • 1 onion, diced
    • 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced carrots
    • 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced bacon
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
    • 4 cups (1 L) lobster stock or fish stock
    • 1 cooked lobster, (1-1/2 lb/750 g), shelled and cut into bite-size pieces
    • 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% cream
    • 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded fresh basil

Preparation:

In pot of boiling water, blanch corn for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool enough to handle; remove kernels. In small bowl, toss together corn, oil, salt and pepper. Spread on small baking sheet; roast in 400°F (200°C) oven until beginning to char, about 8 minutes. Set aside.

Meanwhile, in large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook potatoes, onion, carrot, bacon and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually pour in stock, stirring and scraping up brown bits from pan; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.

Add lobster meat, corn and cream; heat through. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. Gently reheat without boiling.) Serve garnished with basil.

Only thing different I did was chop celery leaves and added with the onion, and fine diced red pepper and roasted it with the corn niblets.
    I was thrilled to have all the ingredients in the house, even used my frozen cobs of corn that I had blanched and stored from the summer. Emptying the freezer one recipe at a time.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    At 6:00 a.m. I was in a cooking mood, but wanted to use the lobster tails that have been in the freezer for a while so, with the help of Canadian Living on line recipes I made a delicious soup! ( chowder)
    Thanks for posting the recipe. YUM...

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Tonight, I'm having boiled perogies with tomato sauce, cauliflower and lots of cheddar cheese.
    Natalka, harbie, walkonby and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Spaghetti and meat sauce, served with a side of stir fried veggies and apple crumble for dessert
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Appie while watching Olympics: Hummus and pita chips. (Both home made...dead easy and extremely economical)

Steak, mashed potatoes, veggies and salad.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

baked chicken legs and potatos with mrs. dash seasoning, spaghetti and sauteed lettuce
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last night our son came for supper, so I took that opportunity to make tacos! (Husband doesn't eat them.)
    We both love the mild super tasty El Paso ones, so I made them with ground pork. Absolutely love the seasoning mix that comes for the sour cream.
    I also made two meat loaves and roasted potatoes, so husband had that. One meat loaf and lots of potatoes went home with our son, along with a lot of other food, too.

Dessert was fruit pizza I made earlier - with strawberries and kiwi.

Tonight will be meat loaf, potatoes for husband, rice for me, some cooked veggies and a salad.
    harbie, walkonby, KelJo and 2 others like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

I have a small chicken to roast this afternoon. season with fresh rosemary and sage. i'll add some potatoes, celery, onions and carrots to it to roast as well. maybe a salad on the side.
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 2 others like this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Thread Information