User Tag List

Page 1284 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 284 784 1184 1234 1274 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1294 1334 1384 1784 2284 ... LastLast
Results 19,246 to 19,260 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    I was an absolute glutton and it was terrible. lol

Tonight we had turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and glazed root vegetables followed by apple pie for dessert. I had seconds when I shouldn't have and dessert after that when I definitely shouldn't have. lol. But I figure I earned it-- after all, it took me 3 hours this morning to get all that stuff prepped and ready and another hour and a half of clean up time (deboning the rest of the bird and freezing etc)

But I've had 3 stupid turkeys in my freezer and they are taking up way too much space so I had to get rid of one. I think I'm cured of my desire to cook another turkey for awhile!!!
    I'm planning on cooking a turkey later this week. We rarely cook a turkey because we are such a small family. We plan on having a few good meals from the bird, then stripping and freezing the rest. I have some ideas for the leftovers already. I also have canned cranberry sauce waiting for it. yum!
    harbie, Crochetlady, ninna and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

For tonight's supper I made sweet and sour meatballs (ones that I had previously cooked and frozen) with rice, boiled veggies and a glass of milk. There are leftovers. Early this week I plan on making fried rice with a chicken and veggie stir-fry. LO has gymnastics at 6pm tomorrow. I teach Tuesday afternoon and have a meeting at 7pm that evening.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I'm planning on cooking a turkey later this week. We rarely cook a turkey because we are such a small family. We plan on having a few good meals from the bird, then stripping and freezing the rest. I have some ideas for the leftovers already. I also have canned cranberry sauce waiting for it. yum!
    We're a family of three. Best thing I ever got in the turkey department was a fresh one at Costco after a holiday that was $5 off. I got out my big knife and cut him in half up the middle, froze half and cooked the other. It was a perfect size for us!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Leftovers tonight. Nobody really felt like eating much yesterday.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I must have slept soundly because I woke up very early with boundless energy and now I sure feel like cooking up a few dishes ahead for the week. Shepherds pie seems like a no brainer, might simmer a soup from the turkey carcass and I plan to use up some of those beets too. We'll see how this comes together.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last night was pizza and since we're having another rain warning here I'm thinking some kind of soup. Maybe a coconut curry one sounds tempting.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

It's an usually warm day here +14, but the wind...wowzers, 75 km/hr, would like to BBQ but out of the questions...so ribs n the oven, honey garlic of course..rice & I have some fresh baby spinach to use up, either on the side or mix it in with the rice..
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

It's very damp and chilly here today, first flurries of the season on and off all day. Leftovers of last night's prime rib is on the menu, which is a perfectly acceptable roast beef although not as wonderfully tender, etc. as I'd hoped. I'm pleased with how well I cooked it, it was nicely pink most of the way through, nothing overdone or horribly raw. I'm a bit hit and miss with cooking a roast beef, often overcook it.
    Natalka, harbie, ninna and 3 others like this.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quiche with a spinach salad.

One of my fave dinners.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I'm a bit hit and miss with cooking a roast beef, often overcook it.
    I've been watching so many cooking shows lately, that I had to go out and buy a digital thermometer to make sure it all gets done to the right temp. I've been debating getting a meat one to just stick in a roast while it cooks.
    harbie, Angela273, ninna and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^meat thermometers are a good buy! You won't regret it.

Tonight we had spicy italian sausage, rice and green beans. DH was whining because he wanted hot turkey sandwiches but the kids aren't a huge fan of turkey so there would have been rioting if we had turkey two nights in a row. I think tomorrow's menu is gonna be the hot turkey sandwiches though.

It was a 20lb bird but we're only a family of four (lol) so I gave away a few pounds of sliced meat to a friend for sandwiches; I made up 5 turkey dinners from all the leftovers that I've since frozen until I can get them to my dad because he lives alone and would otherwise never cook a big dinner like that with all the trimmings so when I have huge leftovers like that I try to organize that stuff so he doesn't have to cook sometimes. Then I froze one large ziploc bag with slices and there's a second ziploc half full of a mix of meat that should be nice for a turkey soup in a day or two.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I made chicken corn soup and lebanese style kebabs
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Was SO happy to have beef, it's been ages! Barbecued sirloin steak, garlic smashed potatoes, carrots, salad.
    harbie, Zonny, ninna and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    I've been watching so many cooking shows lately, that I had to go out and buy a digital thermometer to make sure it all gets done to the right temp. I've been debating getting a meat one to just stick in a roast while it cooks.
    I just LOVE my digital thermometers. One of those presents to myself that makes me really appreciate how considerate I am. (...And I am so proud of how humble I am about that too.)
    harbie, ninna, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honey garlic chicken wings and rice tonight.

Thread Information