User Tag List

Page 2523 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 1523 2023 2423 2473 2513 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2533 ... LastLast
Results 37,831 to 37,845 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I discovered 2 frozen large ziploc bags of my roasted red pepper cauliflower soup! Made in late 2022.... What a find! One is thawed and poured into mason jars for tonight's starter at dinner. Not sure what else I'll have with..... maybe salad and a Lavash pita wrap?

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Making Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms over Mashed Potatoes and I am thinking Green Beans on the side. I was torn between Asparagus or Green Beans but now I am thinking Green Beans.

Will probably also make a Salad.
    walkonby and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

not sure what is going on with my hunger meter but it has disappeared? Very, very odd for me. I did eat my diet approved dinner but had to force it down. How I'm ever going to
    squeeze in another snack before bed is anyone's guess.
    SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Most of the Easter leftovers are done and now I must face the music. Time to invent something for meals again. The guys snagged all the last bits of meat, pasta bake and added a few veg for there work meals. There are some rinsed kidney beans and chickpeas that were left over from making the hummus and chili came to mind BUT none of it will be enjoyed by me
    ( diet ) , plus the batch will be rather small given how many beans are there. I'll figure out something by late tonight......I hope.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Greek Chicken breasts on the BBQ with veggies and a baked potato!
    walkonby, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

For my " dinner" it is kind of hilarious but works for me. 2 cups of my roasted red pepper/cauliflower soup. 2 slices Blue menu Swiss Cheese melted over a Ryvita cracker, 55 grams baby cucumber hollowed out and filled with 35 gram light ricotta cheese topped with 45 grams Atauflo mango slices. ( 315 calories. woo hoo! )

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    not sure what is going on with my hunger meter but it has disappeared? Very, very odd for me. I did eat my diet approved dinner but had to force it down. How I'm ever going to
    squeeze in another snack before bed is anyone's guess.
    I can relate with the struggle to get enough calories before bedtime
    I need minimum 2000 per day to maintain and some days I find it overwhelming to even reach that. So I eat nuts and chocolate and drink wine to get there most days
    As I become more active this time of year I need closer to 3000 calories to stay healthy and at my age my appetite isnÂ’t as robust as it once was😡
    IÂ’ve always been quite the carnivore and although itÂ’s my favourite way to get protein I am not getting enough for my age according to my doctor ( she is a proponent of increasing protein with age.)
    IÂ’m thinking of eating more pasta but doc is not on board with that.
    Tonight we are making oven nachos with leftover chili which is our usual Friday post bridge game meal if we are staying home, but IÂ’m not feeling too hungry atm. Like you Walkonby, I donÂ’t know how IÂ’ll force in dinner and a snack tonight 😳

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sueshe View Post
    I can relate with the struggle to get enough calories before bedtime
    I need minimum 2000 per day to maintain and some days I find it overwhelming to even reach that. So I eat nuts and chocolate and drink wine to get there most days
    As I become more active this time of year I need closer to 3000 calories to stay healthy and at my age my appetite isnÂ’t as robust as it once was
    IÂ’ve always been quite the carnivore and although itÂ’s my favourite way to get protein I am not getting enough for my age according to my doctor ( she is a proponent of increasing protein with age.)
    IÂ’m thinking of eating more pasta but doc is not on board with that.
    Tonight we are making oven nachos with leftover chili which is our usual Friday post bridge game meal if we are staying home, but IÂ’m not feeling too hungry atm. Like you Walkonby, I donÂ’t know how IÂ’ll force in dinner and a snack tonight 
    ty @sueshe for confirming all of that! Such a battle whether it's 2,000, 3,000 or my paltry 1200 calories a day. Crazy how my day can slip away on me and if I don't pay attention right at the early morning and get a good high protein breakfast in I'm toast! ( which btw, toast is forbidden on my nearly no carb diet...lol ) .
    Tonight though, it's a date night dinner at 6 p.m. DH will get the full menu while mine is modified but still yummy. Pork loin chops Shake 'N Baked, baked russets, green beans and sweetlet green peas. I get to have 4 ounces of my favourite wine too! Not enough to make me tipsy but maybe enough to get a glow on...ha ha

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night was pizza as I was helping a family member move and they ordered pizza for everyone. They also sent me home with a whole party pizza minus slices, since it was so hot yesterday most of us where not that hungry, more looking for cold drinks.

Tonight I am making Dump and Go Instant Alfredo which I will add some Sauteed Chicken, Mushrooms and Broccoli to.
    dededi likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last night we made sablefish with miso soy garlic sauce, pork fried rice, and a garden salad with homemade citrus dressing which was a lighter meal so I was able get in a good snack of a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream with pecans coconut and crushed skor bars! So good 😎
    we are having a clean up the leftovers night since we’re going up to Halcyon hot springs tomorrow for a couple nights getaway 👍🏻
    I am packing lots of snacks and wine but it will be restaurant meals for the rest of the time.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ty @sueshe for confirming all of that! Such a battle whether it's 2,000, 3,000 or my paltry 1200 calories a day. Crazy how my day can slip away on me and if I don't pay attention right at the early morning and get a good high protein breakfast in I'm toast! ( which btw, toast is forbidden on my nearly no carb diet...lol ) .
    Tonight though, it's a date night dinner at 6 p.m. DH will get the full menu while mine is modified but still yummy. Pork loin chops Shake 'N Baked, baked russets, green beans and sweetlet green peas. I get to have 4 ounces of my favourite wine too! Not enough to make me tipsy but maybe enough to get a glow on...ha ha
    I know for me the reduced appetite is a symptom of aging, but I don’t really feel that old😄
    I tossed my scale last summer because I was weighing daily and not good for my mental health getting fixated on a silly number. Now I get weighed at the doctors office and at physiotherapy occasionally and that’s working to stay on track. Dh made bacon and a cheese omelette for me this morning and I toasted up the last of the hot cross buns to go with, but I would not have had a good breakfast if he didn’t make it. Morning is often a struggle to get enough protein and if I don’t it’s an issue for the rest of the day.
    Ive learned a lot from my doctor on protein requirements for my age.,, eye opening!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The guys have 2 options for a work meal today and chose the chicken adobo with basmati rice over the Air Fried whole chicken. They can pick at the bird over the weekend.
    Both of these things were made last night as the Leafs were pummeling the Tampa Bay Lightning! 7-2 final. Thank you very much, Leafs are redeemed again in their fans eyes.....until they fall badly again.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I forgot to mention that I had made up a beef stew yesterday JUST for me! Pressure cooked up the lean beef strips with onion, mushrooms, raspberry vinaigrette, adding carrots, potatoes, celery leaves and ribs. Splashed in some Franco American beef gravy and reddish cooking wine at the end...VOILA!
    Gave me 8 x 2/3 cup serving costing me just 273 calories each. A real win. Steamed green beans on the side or really any clean veg can accompany it.
    I had a serving for lunch this afternoon....Mmmm.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 21st, 2023 at 09:36 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Meal prepping for my work week ahead.
    Tortellini with home made white sauce containing yellow onion, peas, and roast ham
    oven baked pork steaks, diced oven baked sweet potato with cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar, steamed California veggies
    baked chicken breasts to use as sandwich meat. I like toasted bagel sandwiches with sliced cucumber, red grapes, and sliced apple.
    egg noodles with chicken veggie stir fry
    home made pizza
    double chocolate oatmeal squares
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was craving Beef Stroganoff but thinking it was too much work so I was considering Meatloaf as they are already made and would just have to make sides. But decided it was Sunday and this would probably be the only night this week we could make Stroganoff, so Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with a Side Salad it is.
    harbie likes this.

Thread Information