User Tag List

Page 172 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 272 672 1172 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Mmmmmmmmm mcminsen!!!

That is my kind of meal.

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Oh boy. I get hungry all over again reading everyone else's posts! But instead of having another meal, I will just be happy with the "Cinnamon Chicken Bones" that I found in the still sizable seasonal candy clearance section at London Drugs.

For supper tonight we had butter chicken on basmati rice and lentils. I used a jar of "VH" brand sauce and mixed it with a can of coconut milk. I also sauteed a half onion (chopped) and threw that in with a dab of chili garlic sauce for just a bit of zing. Add chicken chunks and serve with some green stuff and a couple of raw red pepper spears and chopped cilantro. BTW, those red peppers that I get at No Frills are a great substitute for fresh tomatoes. A light delight!

Oh my goodness! That looks Ah-mazing!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Spaghetti and meat sauce...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, everyone's meals for yesterday sound outstanding!!! For us it was takeout Friday so I had schnitzel, spaetzle, sauerkraut, and sausage - yum.
    mcminsen - YAY on the chicken bones! I hadn't found any this year, and by pure chance, a sister of mine sent over a package last week! Your meal looks amazing, as usual!
    So who can explain to me about basmati rice (yes, I know how to google...)? I know people have it, as well as jasmine rice -- so just how different of a taste is it from regular white rice, and should I be really daring and actually buy it to try it? I do like rice a lot, but don't make it often because my husband isn't a fan (has to drown it in some sort of sauce/gravy).

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gosh, everyone's meals for yesterday sound outstanding!!! For us it was takeout Friday so I had schnitzel, spaetzle, sauerkraut, and sausage - yum.
    mcminsen - YAY on the chicken bones! I hadn't found any this year, and by pure chance, a sister of mine sent over a package last week! Your meal looks amazing, as usual!
    So who can explain to me about basmati rice (yes, I know how to google...)? I know people have it, as well as jasmine rice -- so just how different of a taste is it from regular white rice, and should I be really daring and actually buy it to try it? I do like rice a lot, but don't make it often because my husband isn't a fan (has to drown it in some sort of sauce/gravy).
    I buy Basmati rice in the bulk section of Save On Foods. It's costs more than regular rice but it's still cheap. Maybe you could buy just a little bag and try it. I'm used to a lot of Asian and East Indian food here in Vancouver and when it's cooking the apartment is filled with the fragrance, which I love.

I suppose we all have our methods for cooking rice. Mine is to use 1/3 cup Basmati rice, 1 cup water, a dab of butter, salt to taste, and a lime leaf. I simmer the rice until it's cratered and then turn the heat down to minimum and cover it and let it have 20-30 minutes to finish.

The lime leaves I pick up in Chinatown. A bag of fresh leaves is usually a dollar or two and I put them in the freezer and it lasts about a year. You can even use the stems to add a bit of flavour. Dried lime leaves would be okay, too.

If DH and DS aren't used to Asian cooking and flavours, let alone rice, then I suggest reverse psychology. Make a little batch for yourself but don't serve it to them. They might turn up their nose at it OR they might be curious and want to try it. It does hit the nose and the palette a little differently but once you decide you like it then it can be a favourite!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

ravoli and garlic bread

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tonight we had homemade panzerotti. It was the first time I made them and they were fantastic!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Burrito's
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

BBQ ribs and chicken, baked stuffed potatoes, green beans.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks mcminsen - it's on sale this week at Co-op, so I'm going to try some. Both basmati and jasmine are the same price for 900g, so I'll go with the basmati since I hear people on here mention it the most.
    That said, I'm hurtin' tonight, so no cooking. It's not delivery, it's Delissio!!!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post

I suppose we all have our methods for cooking rice. Mine is to use 1/3 cup Basmati rice, 1 cup water, a dab of butter, salt to taste, and a lime leaf. I simmer the rice until it's cratered and then turn the heat down to minimum and cover it and let it have 20-30 minutes to finish.

The lime leaves I pick up in Chinatown. A bag of fresh leaves is usually a dollar or two and I put them in the freezer and it lasts about a year. You can even use the stems to add a bit of flavour. Dried lime leaves would be okay, too.
    Oh i like the thought of using Lime leaves with the rice(not that i'd ever heard of them before) - wonder if i can find them near me??

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gosh, everyone's meals for yesterday sound

So who can explain to me about basmati rice (yes, I know how to google...)? I know people have it, as well as jasmine rice -- so just how different of a taste is it from regular white rice, and should I be really daring and actually buy it to try it? .

My kids love Basmati(actually they love any old rice)..dd always asks me to make extra so that i can make a salad with it for the day after

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Tonight I had a montreal smoked meat sandwhich.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

had some cordon bleu with rice and corn...then later on after the soccer game which my sister scored using her head...lol...we shared a footlong from subway...it was pepperoni w/cheese toasted, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, lots of mayo, some mustard and that was it...very messy sandwich
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight is 5 spice chicken teryaki and potato wedges with salad

Thread Information