User Tag List

Page 324 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 824 1324 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 38270
Like Tree169176Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kekes View Post
    um... no one has written anything today ... now I have to think for myself! curses .. you know at my age, I've cooked so many many meals, I need inspiration! lol

Ok, I watched Rachael today and she made Egg Foo Young ... I have almost everything in the house and it was one of dh's favorites many many moons ago ... so ... that's what it will be, I need to run out for a couple of ingredients, but ... it's a fast easy meal

PS ... last nite a quick and easy meal, my homemade perogies with lotsa fried onion and sour cream ... and oh yeah don't forget the bacon!

too bad it was the last dozen I have in the house, won't be making till fall now ... too hot ... mom and I usually do about 40 doz. in one day ...
    Yum, I haven't made Egg Foo Yung in a while. What I usually do since I can't use a whole can of bean sprouts in one recipe - earlier in a week I will make chop suey, then use the rest of the bean sprouts in Egg Foo Yung on Friday (since it's a good meatless meal for us).

And, oh, I know that feeling of using the last of the pyrohy you have frozen! Oh, well, you can always make a small batch along the way before the big batch making in the fall. My recipe makes five dozen, just enough for one meal.

Tonight we are having leftovers from yesterday, supplemented by M&M chicken wings, with fruit pizza for dessert.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oh the Egg Fu Young was a big hit with both of us.
    I loved Rachael's recipe for the sauce, although in this hick city I live just outside of didn't have any Tarmaria (sp?) or any decent looking bok choy .... I improvised.
    I do regret using soya sauce (without less salt) ... dh and I have cut way down on salt and he had mistakenly brought the regular (oh salty! lol)
    We used shrimp, bean sprouts, celery, red pepper, vidalia onion in the egg mix. We both agreed we like more veggie ... the shrimp were a good choice. I found them in the bottom of the freezer (vac packed) added just a few ... um good! I don't usually put meat in my egg fu yung although Rachael does)

It was a fine meal, I'll do again!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Grilled veggies from last night's bbq pizza and soba noodles with hot sauce and maybe some Seitan if I get around to making it. It's a tad too hot to have a burner on for an hour.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I don't know why Im being so nice to dh but ... I made shepherd's pie for him tonite, another of his favs!
    I hate peas, so ... I used fresh parsnip, carrots, onions, lean grd, and topped with the last of my potatoes. I made extra gravy the other night and hide it (yup poor man is a gravy fanatic! So it'll be easy supper tonight.
    I micro all the veggies and riced the potato so house stayed cool. Just quick fry of lean grd beef.
    I'll pop it into the toaster oven for a short time tonight just to warm and toast the potatoes!

Now what would I really like to supper on the weekend ???????
    Last edited by kekes; Thu, Jul 15th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Homemade Spaghetti (kids fav!) Simmering on the stove now to beat the heat! Smells yummy in here!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm tonight I think I'll make some pork chops with apple sauce, asparagus, potatoes and possibly a salad.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kekes View Post
    I don't know why Im being so nice to dh but ... I made shepherd's pie for him tonite, another of his favs!
    I hate peas, so ... I used fresh parsnip, carrots, onions, lean grd, and topped with the last of my potatoes. I made extra gravy the other night and hide it (yup poor man is a gravy fanatic! So it'll be easy supper tonight.
    I micro all the veggies and riced the potato so house stayed cool. Just quick fry of lean grd beef.
    I'll pop it into the toaster oven for a short time tonight just to warm and toast the potatoes!

Now what would I really like to supper on the weekend ???????

Isn't it funny how if we (the cook) don't like something we'll remove it from a recipe, but if someone else doesn't like it TOO BAD! I hate mushrooms so they are never in the house, DH has to order them at a restaurant if he wants them. DH is a gravy fanatic too, and I hide it too - usually I put it in a ziploc bag in the freezer and call it "chicken stock" he can't tell the diff, and it save me time when I need some Sneeky, Sneeky!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmack30 View Post
    Homemade Spaghetti (kids fav!) Simmering on the stove now to beat the heat! Smells yummy in here!
    Wow, you are ambitious to make your own pasta - I'm jealous!!

My husband is barbecueing burgers in the rain! Macaroni salad on the side.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

BBQ burgers, corn on the cob, salad , & homemade peach and mango pie

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Went to a Indian Restaraunt downtown and it was yummy!

I had, Onion Bhaji, Chana Masal, Butter Chicken, Basmati Rice, and Naan Bread.

Oh my stomach hurts so bad now, I haven't ate that much in a LONG time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

It was my mother in law's "birthday / chemo is almost over " dinner so it was her choice. Steaks on the barbie for the meat eaters (everyone but me), steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and roast potatoes on the bbq. Chocolate cake with buttercream and ice cream for afters. And then a nap :D

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Baked pork loin chops; roasted potatoes, carrots and onions; cole slaw; fresh buns.
    OY, I could have eaten the whole roaster of the veggies, they were so nicely carmelized!!! I prepped the veggies, and my son did the seasoning under my direction (he's eager to learn!) - so he was so proud the amounts he used turned out so well! (oil, salt, pepper, garlic, dill).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I took the easy way out of cooking tonite. Homemade oven fries, and precooked BBQ ribs from Safeway ... man were they good ...and extra special good got 800g 50% off... $5.00 ALRIGHT!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    It was my mother in law's "birthday / chemo is almost over " dinner so it was her choice. Steaks on the barbie for the meat eaters (everyone but me), steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, and roast potatoes on the bbq. Chocolate cake with buttercream and ice cream for afters. And then a nap :D
    Sounds yummy.... and I hope your MIL is doing okay...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now and the house smells heavenly!

Thread Information