User Tag List

Page 771 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 271 671 721 761 769 770 771 772 773 781 821 871 1271 1771 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Stuffed grape leaves (brown rice, ground sunflower seeds and walnuts in them) and corn on the cob
    mmmmm dolma! That's my favourite thing ever. I need to find grape leaves someday and make my own. I know you can buy them in tins at the grocery store here and they are pretty decent, but homemade are the best!

For supper I did one of those stuffed chicken parmesan things that are on sale at No Frills (it was sooo good), with potato and onion perogies and mixed veggies

Later I plan on having the caramel praline ice cream I got free with my chapman coupon. I'm pmsing this week and REALLY wanted ice cream but need to go shoe shopping first since my black flats are falling apart at the seams and I actually have tonight free! Also going to swing by TIFF since I see they are giving out tons of free stuff on the sidewalk and I know one of them was bags of popcorn!
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Mon, Sep 10th, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
    harbie, ssbean, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

my almost 2 year old has decided that she likes eggs so for dinner tonight we had omlettes with diced deli ham, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and shredded mozzerella cheese. oven fries and some texas toast. oh my gosh it was so good! i forgot what a nice change it is to have breakfast for dinner.
    Natalka, harbie, ninna and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

tonight was salmon baked in aluminum foil pouches in the oven with lemon juice, salt, pepper and basil.. basmati rice, green beans and cucumber
    Natalka, harbie, ninna and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight was veggie stir fry served with a brown rice / quinoa blend yumm

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Yesterday I made a turkey so today is leftovers. I love turkey and wonder why I don't make it more often until I make it and spend half the night cleaning, packaging up, etc. all while just wanting to sit down and digest the over abundant amount of food I devoured

Stuffing rocks!
    Last edited by BC Gal; Mon, Sep 10th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tonight was Italian Lentil and Barley soup for supper and hamburgers for the carnivore whiners in the house.

hehe. I had some serious compensating to do this evening after last night's over-indulgences at the Golden Corral buffet. Oh...but the fudge was worth it (yet again). SO worth it.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tonight was homemade meat free pasta sauce with .25C pasta and rosemary French rolls I made earlier

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well on Sunday during my cooking fest I didn't realize the bones in the freezer were turkey, and then I threw in chicken drumsticks... so I have turkey/chicken and barley soup. it doesn't matter at all but I was stirring the stock and then thought "hmm, that's a big drumstick bone - ooooooh, it's a turkey!". I got the bones from my Mom when she cooked a roast poultry a few months or so ago... just forgot it was turkey and not chicken. So poultry soup it is
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tonight I'm making vegan mac and cheese Mmmmm first time so I hope it turns out like in the recipe book haha

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oktoberfest sausage--which is gonna be a riot because this morning as the kiddies were waiting for the bus, a truck load of piggies went by--and me, being the despicable mother I am, jokingly said, "goodbye piggies! See you at breakfast, lunch, and supper!!!"

And my kids-horrified by the despicable mother I am-- declared they shall never again eat piggies.

To which I giggled and said, but what about that ham sandwich in your lunch today?

And they solemnly declared they would throw away the ham and eat only the bread.

Anyhoo--Oktoberfest sausage tonight with mashed potatoes and carrots. Scads of mashed potatoes and carrots courtesy of No frills this week (as is the sausage)

Now with 40 lbs. of onions, potatoes, and carrots, I'd best head on over to the vegetarian recipe thread to figure out what to do with this many vegetables.
    Last edited by ninna; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

dh took the kids to the jays game today so i'm on my own.. egg burgers it is! english muffin - toasted; egg over-easy with the yolk broken and cooked a little; ham; cheese; ketchup
    Natalka, harbie, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    dh took the kids to the jays game today so i'm on my own.. egg burgers it is! english muffin - toasted; egg over-easy with the yolk broken and cooked a little; ham; cheese; ketchup
    I would "borrow" a couple bagels from work and do some eggs and bacon on them with ketchup, maybe add a little tomato or something.
    harbie, ninna and ssbean like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i found in my cookbook a cabbage rolls recipie - i think it's alot like nat's lazy cabbage rolls recipie. but i don't really use ground beef much so i used ground turkey instead and served with mashed potatoes. really yummy!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tonight was mini meatloafs, rosemary/roasted garlic mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli with pepper flakes and Knorr demi glace sauce where I add red wine, cayenne, and a danish jelly to bring a bit of sweetness to the heat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DS requested tomato noodle soup so I made some with the last bushel of tomatoes I was processing anyways. Also had tabouli salad leftover and corn on the cob. Corn season is almost over there's frost in the outer areas
    Natalka, ninna and ssbean like this.

Thread Information