User Tag List

Page 823 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823 824 825 833 873 923 1323 1823 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,345 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I made lasagna and there's enough for the brood's lunches tomorrow..
    Natalka, harbie, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thank goodness for boxed meals in the freezer! Had M&M Meats Oriental Party Pack (YUM!) with seasoned noodles. Funny, I filled for myself what would be my 'regular' portion, but with me having been sick these past few days, I could barely eat half - aw! No prob, son finished everything off!
    harbie, cabmonk and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, and I'm very jealous about the elk and venison! My son just mentioned the other day how much he loved the elk stew I made years and years ago! I think we'll have to pick up some venison sausage soon!
    Bison has been very pricey here, so we haven't had it for quite a while. Nothing beats a bison burger!
    cabmonk, hollyquaiscer and kazm-l like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thank goodness for boxed meals in the freezer! Had M&M Meats Oriental Party Pack (YUM!) with seasoned noodles. Funny, I filled for myself what would be my 'regular' portion, but with me having been sick these past few days, I could barely eat half - aw! No prob, son finished everything off!
    How old is he?? I have a 14yo and an 11 yo daughters who each eat as much as me and Mr P together..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight I made chicken vegetable stirfry with rice.
    harbie, hollyquaiscer and kazm-l like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Thanks for the clarification about the "twice stuffed potatoes," walkonby!

Turns out I have had them before and they are sinfully delicious, and like anything sinfully delicious, they are also bad for my figure. LOL. Darnit! Why is all the really tasty stuff not good for ya? DH has made them...'cept he calls them "potato skins" rather than twice stuffed potatoes.
    I agree ninna. Now when I search recipes I have to omit any that have considerable fat, sugar, salt, dairy and of course wheat....so it is a challenge. Soooo many are cheese related, melty creamy type things that scream eat me! lol
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I agree ninna. Now when I search recipes I have to omit any that have considerable fat, sugar, salt, dairy and of course wheat....so it is a challenge. Soooo many are cheese related, melty creamy type things that scream eat me! lol
    I make a version of stuffed potatoes with a tofu cream cheese. Can't remember the name of it but I find it at Save on so I am sure other stores would have it.I do eat dairy but I like the fact the tofu is higher in protein. When i do make stuffed potatoes I made a dozen or so and freeze, great for lunches at work.
    hollyquaiscer and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    I have to ask-- what are twice stuffed potatoes? Never heard of these before! Please enlighten.

Tonight we are having pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, carrots and boiled cabbage. OMG. I love cabbage.
    These are one of my favorite way to eat spuds

Here's how I do it: this recipe is for 6 stuffed potato's

Bake 4 large russet potato's @ 400 approx 1 hour (until fully cooked)
    Let cool slightly then cut in half and scoop out all potato leaving a small amount to keep skin intact
    While potato's are cooling cut 2 green onions (green and white parts), shred cheese (you will need 3/4 of a cup), slighlty crush 2 tbls of fresh thyme

In a bowl, mix: potato with 1/2 cup of sour cream or creme fresh, cheese, 2 tbls of butter, 1 tbls black pepper and 1 tsp salt

Blend well unitl it is creamy (no lumps allowed, lol)

Stir in the green onion and thyme,

place the shells (from the potato's) on a baking sheet, drizzle a small amount of olive oil in each one and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the shells back in the oven for approx 10 minutes until shells begin to crisp.

Remove shells from oven and pipe (or fill with a spoon) the potato mixture back into the shells, then put bake into the oven for 20 minutes more to reheat the mixture (if mixture is very cold heat longer) sprinkle a small amount of cheese (same cheese you added to filling) on top, sprinkle with just a touch more thyme are return to oven just until cheese is melted.
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Just a note regarding my recipe. These freeze well once they have been stuffed. You can just pull them out, let them thaw only for about 20 minutes and bake in the oven for about 30 min. Do not add top cheese if freeeing, wait till you're ready to reheat them.

As for cheeses, the sky is the limit. I love a jalepeno jack, and have used motz, cheddar, gouda and swizz.
    Whatever you like.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

So for dinner last night, I ended up just frying up the ground beef, adding cooked rice, celery, onion, peas and jalepino peppers. I used some mexican oregano, chilli powder and cummin to it. I served it with some corn tortillas, pico de galllo and shredded cheese. Good, and filling. Served it with a garden salad.

2 days ago, I took a pork butt and put a spice rub on it. Today I'm adding it to the bbq, low and slow! Tonights dinner, pulled pork with coleslaw and a watermelon and feta salad.
    harbie, kazm-l, walkonby and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We went to friends for supper & had parmasan cheese veal cutlets(Ages since I had veal) with peas,mashed potatos & carrots & turnips mashed together.Boy was it good.The turnip & carrots were tasty & she says she started doing then that way to get her kids to eat turnips.For dessert we had home made lemon tarts.I think a meal always tastes better when someone else cooks it for you!We had a nice red wine with it.Im going to steal her carrot & turnip idea,it really was good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for lunch, i'm going to do tuesday toonie.... KFC
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Pork Souvlaki wraps with side dish of rice & europe's best tuscan blend
    harbie and hollyquaiscer like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am not feeling well, home from work, so my fiancé went to the store, with coupons and sales (yes! I have him converted) and picked up the ingredients for lasagna! Homemade lasagna, yes please. Not sure if I can taste it, but I will give it a try
    Natalka, harbie, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

alicia, hope you feel better soon! With me being sick, too, cooking has been hard to do... I don't even like thinking about food.

Making some sort of casserole for supper - variation of Chinese hekka with ground pork. Rice with more veggies for it to go over.

Thread Information