User Tag List

Page 1092 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 92 592 992 1042 1082 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1102 1142 1192 1592 2092 ... LastLast
Results 16,366 to 16,380 of 38275
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fish and salad and leftover fried rice from last night take out !
    harbie, vesper and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Pho! yummy!
    I've earned $125 in Amazon GCs in 7 months with SWAGBUCKS! Click here & get started: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/LCFIXE
    AMEX GOLD REWARDS CARD - 1st year FREE & get 25,000 AEROPLAN POINTS when you spend $500 in first 3 months: </SPAN>Click Here</SPAN>

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I pigged out at dinner tonight lol.

Two yves hot chilli tofu dogs on buns with mayo and sriracha, McCain fries and a side of garden salad. I was SO SO hungry it was nuts!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    harbie, vesper and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I've slacked off on cooking the past couple of days & now its Friday! LOL..I'm craving meat and its way too windy for bbqing today, so I think I will sear a big, juicy steak in a cast iron fry pan and finish cooking in the oven with mushrooms and have a greek salad with lots of black olives
    harbie, Zonny and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

So, I bought 10 lbs of carrots for $1.88....I needed carrots so it made sense at the time. Now I have 9.75 lbs of carrots left. Suggestions on what I can make and freeze? Has to be gluten free.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yikes, a lot of carrots! That was a good deal though. Fortunately they'll keep fairly well for a while in the fridge.

I make a veggie mixture in the oven with sliced mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach and carrots. Shreds or slices work well, try using a vegetable peeler to make wide strips. Maybe a coleslaw of some kind with carrots? And I'm sure I've seen a recipe somewhere for a carrot salad...

It's pouring rain here, and I'm off, so I'm doing a bit of cooking for the freezer, putting together some chicken enchilada filling in the crockpot. I made my own taco seasoning this time, we'll see how that works out! I'm using canned black beans in it, but I also have some dried black beans soaking to cook tonight, never tried cooking black beans from dried before. If they work out, I will freeze them in smaller quantities to toss into chili, etc.

And for tonight's supper, a spicy mustard chicken recipe I tried recently that was a hit with my family. It has to marinate for awhile, so that's in the fridge to cook later.
    harbie, tasha313, PammieD and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

^^great idea about making enchilada filling. I tried microwaved fajitas last night. I sell Epicure and have never tried the steamer fajitas but last night was the night. Total winner. Alexa gets the leftovers for lunch today. So, this is what I'm making today. Cabbage rolls (I hate store bought ones since I've been raised on homemade). Carrot ginger soup. Beef stew (for dinner tonight). And maybe dh's nonna's sauce wih meatballs. I don't exactly LOVE it though because I personally prefer a chunkier ragu to a plain marinara, but he loves it so....basically, trying to use up some ingredients/various meats feom the freezer and restock it with stuff in a more useful form. I've spent the last 2 days in bed, on the computer applying to jobs and I've gotten pretty depressed. Last night though, Alexa slept through the night (I woke up at 5 in a panic!), and her daycare teacher paid me a huge compliment (or it felt like one at least!) When she said A is spoiled with my home cooking I bring in (they can't accommodate her wheat and/or gluten allergy so I have to bring in her food... suuuper annoying, but I do like that I can control how much chemically crap she gets...her doctor and I agree that some of the choices woildnt be our first choices on what to feed her). I think diet is the one thing I'm a little hyper-parenting on, but she doesn't care. She eats fruit and veg and meat like crazy, and won't eat cake or ice cream (funny if you ask me!)...I figure I'll wait until she figures out at a friend's house or school that junk food exists before I start feeding it to her! Ok, end of self righteous rant. Later!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

What is 'steamer fajitas' Pammie?

My 'enchiladas' really aren't that, it's just chicken, salsa, black beans and taco seasoning in the crockpot, then shred the chicken and remove bones, mix in some refried beans (which I've made from dried beans before but today it's canned) and wrap in a tortilla, top with salsa, cheese if you like and bake in the oven until bubbly. Since these are for the freezer I won't bake them.
    tasha313, PammieD and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

All i know is that today, I'm making spanakopita. I don't know with what but spanakopita is getting made. I have this big annoying bag of spinach that keeps falling on me everytime I opened the freezer so yesterday I got p'd off and got the rest of the ingredients to make the stuff and get that annoying spinach bag out of my way.
    It's also one of my favourite things to eat
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    So, I bought 10 lbs of carrots for $1.88....I needed carrots so it made sense at the time. Now I have 9.75 lbs of carrots left. Suggestions on what I can make and freeze? Has to be gluten free.

I LOVE this recipe I just ditch the capers. Not sure if all the ingredients are gluten free but here it is.

harbie, Zonny, PammieD and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Oh no it's this one I love lol .. I was looking at the ingredient and I was wondering where the Parmesan is ..... Well now you'll have two recipes lol

snuffaluffagus likes this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    I LOVE this recipe I just ditch the capers. Not sure if all the ingredients are gluten free but here it is.

Looks good! Thanks tasha

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    What is 'steamer fajitas' Pammie?

My 'enchiladas' really aren't that, it's just chicken, salsa, black beans and taco seasoning in the crockpot, then shred the chicken and remove bones, mix in some refried beans (which I've made from dried beans before but today it's canned) and wrap in a tortilla, top with salsa, cheese if you like and bake in the oven until bubbly. Since these are for the freezer I won't bake them.
    I was skeptical on chicken in a steamer. I'm converted though.

http://www.epicureselections.com/en/...minute-fajitas

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Looks good! Thanks tasha

You're welcome Is it gluten free ?
    PammieD likes this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    You're welcome Is it gluten free ?
    Yuppers! It's just when it comes to flours and grains and stuff that I run into troubles. A lot of prepared foods as well (soya sauce, salad dressungs etc)

Thread Information