User Tag List

Page 1125 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 125 625 1025 1075 1115 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1135 1175 1225 1625 2125 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,875 of 38274
Like Tree169189Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Had McD's tonight - Big Mac two combos for $10 - had my fries upgraded to poutine - it was pretty good! Had one Big Mac, will have the other tomorrow; husband had snackies with staff after work so wasn't very hungry, he just had fries and two McDoubles.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Our Christmas Eve tradition supper is baked salt fish. Fish that has been soaked in water for a couple of days and then baked in the oven with lots of finely chopped sweet onion and butter. It's yummy!! and with it boiled potatoes, etc. and the old fashioned sweet bread (i.e. raisin & molasses) that my grandmother bakes. (The bread is a meal in itself!)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight is our Christmas Eve supper - perogies, cabbage rolls, baked salmon, roasted potatoes and baked rice, sauteed onions, mushroom sauce - hm... need something green - I think peas, since the men really just care about the first two dishes, lol!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight is just going to be leftovers. I have leftovers from about 4 different meals in the fridge that need to be used up before they go bad.
    Natalka, SnowFlakey, KelJo and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ate vegetarian pizza at the airport. I don't like vegetarian pizza but I liked the vegetarian woman I met on the plane and joined me.
    Natalka, Zonny, SnowFlakey and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Beef stew and homemade tea biscuits...hubby doesn`t like turkey
    Natalka, SnowFlakey, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Ate vegetarian pizza at the airport. I don't like vegetarian pizza but I liked the vegetarian woman I met on the plane and joined me.
    Hope you found some mistletoe!

For supper, we had baked spinach dip in a sourdough loaf (couldn't find pumpernickel, but actually liked this!); two kinds of homemade Mennonite sausage from a local butcher, pork and beef - very good!; a giant shrimp platter and dip from M&M Meat shop - wow, nice big 'meaty' shrimp, they were on sale for $10 recently, def. worth it; cheese, pickles, variety of crackers.
    You feel like you're snacking, then all of a sudden you realize you're full!
    Also, variety of squares and sweets - when there was room!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight's supper was Christmas dinner at our friend's house. I'll try to remember everything. Turkey, 2 types of cabbage roles, home made perogies, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, mushroom sauce, onions with butter, gravy, stuffing, turnip, layered salad, platter with marble cheese, smoked sausage, and pickles. There were lots of choices of alcoholic beverages, I had Coke and was a designated driver. Dessert: trifle, hand rolled peanutbutter chocolate truffles, haystack cookies, sugar cookies, and butter tarts. They have lots of leftovers.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 25th, 2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I had 3 turkey dinners yesterday and it was all delicious! and a bunch of us last night took a few guitars and went from house to house singing and playing, it was amazing!! and the food was non-stop!! Today its suppose to be soup (turkey & beef) at my aunt's house but I think I'm coming down with a cold so don't know if I will make it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cook some shrimp and toss it with mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and parmesan cheese.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, I'm so jealous of the above meals!

Made a casserole tonight from leftover boiled chicken legs - I diced the meat, combined with sauteed onions, cooked peas, and cooked in a mushroom garlic sauce. Served over leftover rice for me; husband just had his with bread, as well as the junky-bones-stuff he loves... well, he shares bits with the kitties, too.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

It's been a great Christmas so far--wow, the food!! Everywhere I go, so much food..been on a steady diet of wine, beer and cookies..no end in sight..going out for dinner this evening..

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Turkey, chicken! chicken turkey! Im so stuffed! Hubby made chicken tetrazini for dinner tonight. Right now it is outside cooling. Just needs to be popped in the oven to reheat for dinner tonight.
    Natalka, KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Turkey!

I'm sure most of you are saying, "So what?" because you've been eating turkey for days and can't wait until it's gone. For us, we didn't do a turkey since there's just DH, DS and I. A whole turkey, even a small one, is too big, we won't get through it all. Turkey breasts just aren't as satisfying, we like having those drumsticks and dark meat too. So although we like turkey and all the sandwiches, gravy and such that come with the leftovers, we just skip the turkey.

We were in Costco this morning and I was looking for the usual chicken thighs, and saw the meat department lady putting fresh 'air chilled' turkeys out. I took a brief look, but they were $5.59/kg, adding up to at least $40-$50 per bird, too rich for my blood as is normally the case for fresh turkeys. Costco meats are excellent, but I won't pay that much for a turkey.

But wait! As I turned away, the meat department lady casually mentioned that they were $20 off, they just didn't have the sign up yet. I looked again, found a 15 pound bird that was $38, so now $18. I can handle that! And it's fresh, so I can cook just part of it and freeze the rest for another time!

I took it home and with a bit of elbow grease and my nice big sharp Henckles knives I bought last year at Boxing Day, I managed to chop him in half (cracking through those bones is tricky without a butcher saw, but I managed). Half the bird featuring one wing, one drumstick, half a breast, is now in the freezer, other half is in the oven for our supper!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Zonny, that's awesome!

Oh, I wish we had had turkey - I absolutely adore turkey leftovers! Son and husband are not fans.
    SnowFlakey, KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

Thread Information