User Tag List

Page 1245 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 245 745 1145 1195 1235 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1255 1295 1345 1745 2245 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,675 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ same here, Angela, it's so rainy and cold.
    Was actually nice to happily put the oven on - knowing it will be going for a few hours!

Baked an apple pie first, then put supper in. One roaster meal - fresh chicken pieces, potatoes, carrots, and onions - seasoned with s+p, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
    Husband bought fresh bakery bread, so will have some of that to go with - even though I usually don't eat bread with a meal.

Oh, son just messaged back that he's able to come for supper - YAY!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finally had those stuffed green peppers and I tried walkonby's recipe for roasted cauliflower. All I can say is HOLY YUMMY!! I will never eat boiled cauliflower ever again!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have roast beef in the oven. I will slow cook it until suppertime and throw some mashed potatoes/veggies with it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So lucky to find them at that price. Did they have backs attached, or no? Either way, so many things you can do with them!

I got totally spoiled for supper. We had takeout from a very nice restaurant here - husband had baby beef liver (which I don't cook, so yay for him when he gets the urge); I had breaded cutlets, they were amazingly good, not just tasty but there were two huge pieces - had them with fries, and for some reason the garnish was a sad lettuce leaf and a slice of cantaloupe (?). Soup was orzo, and it was fab! Decent garden salad. Garlic toast wasn't toasted - very odd and soggy.
    No, no backs attached but they are really good. And yeah, my DH could live on chicken alone. So I was very happy with my find.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Finally had those stuffed green peppers and I tried walkonby's recipe for roasted cauliflower. All I can say is HOLY YUMMY!! I will never eat boiled cauliflower ever again!!!
    ha ha ha isn't it funny? I would walk right passed cauliflower for years, it never called out to me to buy it because I only knew it as a boiled veg. But now I cannot resist grabbing one to roast and Metro has them this week for only one dollar each!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tonight, there is some leftover chicken and potatoes, will supplement with something else - maybe perogies, not sure. A salad for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight I will grill pork chips and a rice-veggie mix. I am going to make baked apples for a little snack...yum... hope they turn out good.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Yesterday, I did a big BBQ, I made my famous marinated chicken thighs, ...steak, pork..various salads, garlic cheese bread and I made a yummy fried rice dish with lots of veggies which incl carrot and onion from my own garden. There are some leftovers so thankfully I can relax and have that this evening.

Attachment 253661
    Last edited by KelJo; Sun, Feb 28th, 2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 7 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I really need to start meal planning again, both me and mom are working I will probably get home first around 4:30 and have no idea what is for dinner and everything is frozen. Looks like I am going to have to get creative.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Zonny and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Tonight we are going out for supper to celebrate! I still have enough on my gift cards to make it a free meal too.

Hopefully this time they won't screw up the gluten free order like they did last time. But, I have to say...I ordered GF last time and the server delivered the wrong plate. The minute I took a bite I knew it so when she came back, I asked if there was a mistake. To my surprise, she admitted there was a mess up and someone grabbed the wrong plate. Now, because I'm not intolerant and won't keel over from eating gluten, I didn't make a fuss (and to be honest, the restaurant was SO busy and the service was SO awful that to insist on them fixing it would've meant sitting there another half hour when we'd already sat there for nearly an hour and a half)...

...but...I was impressed that she owned up to it. I mean, what's the motivation at that point to reveal the mistake? So kudos to her for that.

The funnier part was--the person who got my order complained to the kitchen because it "tasted funny" and demanded a remake.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 6 others like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I really need to start meal planning again, both me and mom are working I will probably get home first around 4:30 and have no idea what is for dinner and everything is frozen. Looks like I am going to have to get creative.
    Like you, I need to get back to planning better too!

Tonight was one of those nights, I had no plan. But there were two influencing factors: 1) I knew I had a cauliflower in my fridge that needed to be used up (since DS decided he no longer likes raw cauliflower), and 2) I had seen a recipe involving cauliflower that I'd been meaning to try. But the trick was, I had to make the cauliflower component before anyone got home! Because if they saw me using it for sauce, that would be an instant, "I don't like it."

My cauliflower recipe was based on this: http://pinchofyum.com/creamy-cauliflower-sauce

I don't follow recipes well, I tend to throw in things that I think will be good. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. Tonight I either didn't cook the garlic enough or the dry mustard I added was a bit much. But overall, the sauce was good. I cooked the cauliflower in chicken broth (on sale at Superstore!), added browned onions, blended it with an immersion blender, added a bit of milk and cheese too, and served with macaroni and some leftover chicken I had in the fridge.

DS insisted he did not like it very much, but he was either hungry or lying because it vanished. DH thought it was OK, ate it (as he will most things). I thought it was too garlicky, or maybe that dry mustard I added was a bit of overkill. I'll not toss it, I'll use it as kind of a hollandaise sauce for my breakfast eggs. But I'll definitely try it again while cauliflower is cheap.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I told a friend I would make her some bread. So I am going to make some homemade donair pizzas while I have everything out.
    Natalka, ROMEO, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am making a chow mien of sorts with veggies and some noodles.
    Natalka, ROMEO, KelJo and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

making a pizza, ham, pepperoni, pineapple, onion, mushrooms & black olives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by grannynellie View Post
    I am making a chow mien of sorts with veggies and some noodles.
    Sounds delicious. May try that later this week.
    ROMEO likes this.

Thread Information