User Tag List

Page 1278 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 278 778 1178 1228 1268 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1288 1328 1378 1778 2278 ... LastLast
Results 19,156 to 19,170 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today I made gluten free chili lasagna!! There was some chili leftover, so I layered it in between the noodles, added the grated cheeses, and also tossed in the leftover roasted cauliflower! It sure is tasty!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hubs had poutine at Costco and I had a slice of cheese pizza. I worked all day and needed to pick up some stuff so Costco it was

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Having some homemade turkey soup with tea biscuits tonight.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

had a party last night for my friend visiting from ONT...it was a potluck type of party (standing room only ) , bring whatever, OMG the food....besides endless chips, dips, cheese & fruit platters, etc there was shrimp, mussels, chicken wings, egg rolls, spring rolls, mozza sticks, chicken bites, bagel bites, sausage rolls, sandwiches, scalloped potatoes, rice, meatballs, many different desserts ...there are lots of leftovers for today!! It was a great time, lots of singing and playing guitars, etc..we do it all again tonight

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I've been thinking about it. My birthday is coming up, maybe I will treat us to a nice prime rib roast. I'll see how much they are at Costco, can cut it into what I need.
    So I went to Costco yesterday and paid attention to the price of prime rib. A three kg roast was about $60. I'm sure it would have been amazing, Costco beef is very high quality, but $19.69/kg was more than I'd be willing to pay. They also had much larger boneless ones, about $130. Had to think about that before I commit!

Name:  20141024_112158.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  52.7 KB

Today a friend took me along with her to Gateway and Chops in Dartmouth. Chops had prime rib roasts for about $5 a pound. So I bought one, just under $20, and put it in my freezer. DH and my birthdays are coming up, so I will cook that next weekend. Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed that it will be tasty!

Question - are rib roast and prime rib roast the same thing?
    Last edited by Zonny; Sat, Oct 25th, 2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Natalka, harbie, KelJo and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So I went to Costco yesterday and paid attention to the price of prime rib. A three kg roast was about $60. I'm sure it would have been amazing, Costco beef is very high quality, but $19.69/kg was more than I'd be willing to pay. They also had much larger boneless ones, about $130. Had to think about that before I commit!

Name:  20141024_112158.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  52.7 KB

Today a friend took me along with her to Gateway and Chops in Dartmouth. Chops had prime rib roasts for about $5 a pound. So I bought one, just under $20, and put it in my freezer. DH and my birthdays are coming up, so I will cook that next weekend. Fingers, toes and eyes are crossed that it will be tasty!

OMG!!!!
    I am stunned at that Costco price. All 4 of our Prime Rib roasts from RCSS 2 weeks ago were the same as what you paid at that Gateway place ($4.88 per pound.) So much better, still a treat meal though.
    harbie, KelJo, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

OMG!!!!
    I am stunned at that Costco price. All 4 of our Prime Rib roasts from RCSS 2 weeks ago were the same as what you paid at that Gateway place ($4.88 per pound.) So much better, still a treat meal though.
    Yes, this a treat meal for us too. Normally I get sirloin tip (whole ones) for about $3 a pound at Costco, and they're excellent, although that price has gone up lately. I'll report how good the one I did buy is once we cook it. I'd bet that the Costco one is probably a lot better, their beef is AAA which you don't normally get in the grocery store I don't think. But just like the beef tenderloin they sell there, a bit out of our league. I'd love to find someone to split one with, but I couldn't spend $150 on one for us.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Having some chicken legs with rice and veggies tonight.
    harbie, Crochetlady, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Zonny-glad you found a prime rib roast at a reasonable splurge price. I believe( but could be wrong) that prime rib is the first few ribs which is the most tender part of the rib roasts? I might have to Google and see if I am even close.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Oct 26th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Both myself and Mom are trying to watch what we eat and eat less which has lead to trying get creative with leftovers, here is what I ate this week:

Monday: Found some leftover pasta in the fridge layered that with one container of sauce and cheese and baked it for an hour
    Tuesday: Left over hamburger reheated in the over with leftover roasted potatoes fried up in a non stick frying pan
    Wednesday: Mom came home with back spasms and was in a mood (she was in pain I get it) so the final decision was to order in pizza
    Thursday: Found a package of BBQ pulled pork in the freezer, heated that up and served over mashed potatoes and mashed butternut squash with some butter, cinnamon and brown sugar
    Friday: Chicken in Mushroom Soup over Rice
    Saturday: Leftover Pizza reheated in the oven to make it nice and crisp

Tonight, no idea must go look through the freezer and see what I can find. Thinking I want a nice traditional Sunday Supper, something warm and comforting and will spend most of the day in the oven slow cooking.

Sorry, I think it was Zonny who asked about pasta bake (if I have the wrong person I am sorry). Pasta bake is really simple, I love the fact I can make it ahead of time leave in the fridge and than just pop in the oven an hour before dinner (great when someone is working late). All I do is make a pasta sauce from canned pasta sauce with ground beef, onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery. I than cook my noddles to al denta(they will cook more in the over). I add about half a cup of pasta water to my sauce. I than combine the sauce and pasta and layer it in a pan usually place half the noodles in sauce in the pan with a layer of cheese the rest of the noodles and top with a good layer of cheese and bake. If you make it and bake it right away 30 minutes in a 350 degree over is good if it has been in the fridge I cook it for an hour in a 350 degree oven.
    harbie, Crochetlady, Zonny and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

got this pizza slice FREE, only cuz it was the last one and it was a little burnt on the bottom.... so the women gave it to me FREE of charge!!

Name:  IMG-20141025-00467.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  49.0 KB
    lizzie bargain and KelJo like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I picked up some fresh chicken wings yesterday for a decent price, so I'm going to try baking them. Also got some fresh boneless skinless turkey breasts, never bought that before, so I'm baking that now and going to slice it for sandwiches for lunch.
    KelJo and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

making braised chicken thighs with fingerlings and wild mushrooms
    KelJo and SassyAshley like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Well, the turkey is a bit of a fail, at least baked in the oven. I don't think I overcooked it, it's still looking fairly juicy, but tough! I'm hoping I can slice it thin enough to make it edible. Maybe I should just toss it in the KitchenAid and shred it.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We purchased one from Gateway and had it today for our family lunch. It was really good along with some garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and a cauliflower casserole.

Thread Information