User Tag List

Page 2461 of 2551 FirstFirst ... 1461 1961 2361 2411 2451 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2471 2511 ... LastLast
Results 36,901 to 36,915 of 38251
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Friday night's dinner was quite scrumptious, but not huge as my lunch, which had been a doozie of a plateful.
    I went with the last 2 servings of homemade turkey soup ( I called it poor man's soup as the only meat simmering to make the stock was the neck and liver from the Christmas bird ).
    That and 3 very adorable small squares of mini pizza ( fake pizza, made using Joseph's Lavash bread, brushed with herbed up passata, topped with a single pepperoni slice, zucchini and red pepper. )
    I found the trick is to first pan brown both sides of the entire large sheet of Lavash so it becomes firm and holds the toppings.

I am sad that the slot on my computer that holds my camera card won't respond when I push the card in.....wah!!! No photos till the Geek Squad ( DS or DH ) look into this for me.

The Geek Squad came though!! Aren't they so cute? The squares of fake pizza I mean.

Name:  Lavash fake pizza squares.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  122.6 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Feb 5th, 2022 at 04:27 AM.
    harbie, Purdee and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Friday night's dinner was quite scrumptious, but not huge as my lunch, which had been a doozie of a plateful.
    I went with the last 2 servings of homemade turkey soup ( I called it poor man's soup as the only meat simmering to make the stock was the neck and liver from the Christmas bird ).
    That and 3 very adorable small squares of mini pizza ( fake pizza, made using Joseph's Lavash bread, brushed with herbed up passata, topped with a single pepperoni slice, zucchini and red pepper. )
    I found the trick is to first pan brown both sides of the entire large sheet of Lavash so it becomes firm and holds the toppings.

I am sad that the slot on my computer that holds my camera card won't respond when I push the card in.....wah!!! No photos till the Geek Squad ( DS or DH ) look into this for me.

The Geek Squad came though!! Aren't they so cute? The squares of fake pizza I mean.

Name:  Lavash fake pizza squares.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  122.6 KB
    YUM! Those looks delicious. Maybe I need to rethink dinner…………

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight we are making Homemade pizza, this time it is me craving it not Mom. Usual suspects for toppings (we know what we like) pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, bacon, cheddar and parmesan
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Tonight we are making Homemade pizza, this time it is me craving it not Mom. Usual suspects for toppings (we know what we like) pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, bacon, cheddar and parmesan

lol.... so are we!!!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had cottage cheese and spinach to use so I made a lasagna last night
    It was the best lasagna I've ever made. Who knew spinach could be a game changer

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    harbie, Purdee, Angela273 and 4 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Whole Roasted Chicken with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Veg of some sort will pick the veg later, we have quite a few options.
    harbie, Purdee, Angela273 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH and DS were very productive last night cooking up fare for the weekend and for some of their work meals for the week ahead.
    I was impressed!

DS made a medium sized batch of a Gumbo, but with an Asian flare, apparently the spice meter was off the charts on that one.
    I was grateful he used up the leftover can of tomato juice and the half bottle of Passata for part of the broth base.

DH split open 4 sk/bl chx breasts, tapped with the meat hammer to flatten, pressed both sides into seasoned crumbs, then stuffed Stove Top inside, folded them over and baked until golden on the outside.
    They looked even nicer than the ones I've made!
    Next was a baking tray of smashed spuds and a roast pan with 10 large Mild Italian Sausages cooking in it.
    Veggies will be whatever frozen options are in the freezer when they make up their containers in the week.

When they were all done in there I got my own Pumpkin soup going, plus a big shout out to @SassyAshley for enlightening me about cooking the dried beans up and freezing them. I had soaked quite a lot of them on Friday, so after cooking I was able to lay them out onto 3 cookie sheets to freeze.
    Later once they were solid, lifting the entire tray full of them from the pan was easy because I had laid parchment paper down under them.
    It kind of looked like peanut brittle until I was able to break them up in the bag. My yield was a 26 cm x 27 cm freezer Ziploc bag full to the brim.
    Now whenever the guys want to make a chili for themselves, half the work is done!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@crafter YUM! That looks soooooooo good. I love seeing pics of everyone’s food. Gives me inspiration
    @walks by I love that the men in your house cook. That’s great. I guess I can’t really complain since DH does the clean up and I’m not always the neatest cook
    Last edited by harbie; Sun, Feb 6th, 2022 at 12:40 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

pretty much the same as SA.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Last night I made spaghetti squash with a beefless gardein bolognese sauce. Soooooo good

Name:  2D410B0F-9FAD-4DB1-B5A9-0B398BAEDDE1.jpeg
Views: 87
Size:  102.6 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Looks tasty Harbie
    walkonby wow that's amazing what the guys pulled off in your kitchen. Never thought of stuffing mix to stuff..will definitely try

Tonight leftover pork roast with stove top stuffing mix and peppercorn gravy. Perhaps some spinach caesar salad.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight I roasted a large ham. We ate it with canned pineapple, perogies, sour cream, cranberry sauce, and tossed salad.
    harbie, Purdee, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Tonight's dinner plan got turned upside down. I was supposed to have a 2 pm meeting which worked but the person did not realize we are not in the same time zone and meant 2 pm their time which is 4 pm our time, so when I usually start dinner I will be in a meeting.

After some thought I have decided on Pasta with Meat Sauce, we do not have any Meat Sauce or Bolognese in the freezer (need to add this to the to-do-list) so I will put a small batch on to simmer well I am in my meeting and then just need to cook off pasta when my meeting is over.
    harbie, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i'm reading this post at 9:05am and i'm getting hungry already. Nice dinner choices everyone! Love the pictures too.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Friday, during the day, i made Turkey Soup from turkey bones from Christmas. I was going to see DD so i brought her a large container of soup on Saturday because bone soup is supposed to be very good. There was meat attached to the bones and i added 4 cloves of garlic, a celery stick, a large carrot and 2 small onions and some peppercorns. Towards the end i added some bowtie noodles. Totally delicious!

Saturday i felt like hot dogs so went to the local Lafleurs and got some doga, 69 cents each, with 1 order of fries and 1 order of onion rings.

And yesterday, i made a stew in the Crock Pot. First time. Turned out very very good. I got one of those packets for Crock Pot stew, some beef cubes, added some carrots, celery, onions, garlic, turnip and potatoes and simmered for 4 hrs on high. the whole house spelled delicious. And to top that off, GD2 brought over some cookies she baked, Biscuits Reine Elizabeth, from the 5 in 15 minutes December magazine.

Tonight , its leftover Crock Pot Stew, or leftover Pate Chinois or leftover Turkey Soup.
    harbie, Purdee, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information