User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, being lazy last weekend, and knowing most of the stores were closed for the holiday here, I decided to try some online shopping. My husband was shocked that I would attempt to buy jeans online, but I know my MXM size and was confident I would find something I liked.

Should've listened to him (but don't tell him that).

Online Store
    Penningtons and AdditionElle are fairly popular Plus stores owned by Reitmans. They also carry a more trendy line called MXM. When you shop online, you can add anything from either of these three stores to your cart, so you have a lot of selection.

The site is very easy to use and you can easily get from one store to another to add to your cart. They also have things divided up into easy to shop categories: denim, tops, dresses, etc.

Prices
    Plus clothing is not cheap. You will often find tops for $59.99 and bottoms for $89.99. They do have decent sales though, but you run the risk of not having your size by the time the sale arrives. The positive is the clothes really do fit good and are very flattering for plus women. Their jeans are amazing and could make any "body" fell like a million bucks!!

Often, you will find coupon codes that are for use on the site only and not available in store, that is also what enticed me to the website over the store itself. For instance, I got 20% off my purchase and Free Shipping - when there was no similar offer in store at that time. I was way better off to shop on the website for these prices.

My Experience
    I found a tank top, a halter and a pair of jeans for a total of $104 - which is pretty good actually. I ordered the items on Sunday, they were shipped Tuesday and arrived today. But....the jeans were completely the wrong ones - the SKUs do not even match what I paid for, that tank top is, well meh, nothing special and the halter is a horrible fit (plus size people also have plus size chest - KWIM? )

What I am happy about, I can return all of these items to Penningtons or AdditionElle. I do not have to reship. However, they do include a return packing slip if you do need to send the items back to them.

Overall
    I was excited about the promos, and disappointed I go tthe wrong jeans. The two tops not being what I wanted is part of life when buying clothes online, so I cannot hold that against them. After everything is said and done, I still need to go to the store to do the return and find a pair of jeans, so I am really no better off. In fact, I wasted a week of "shopping time" waiting for the jeans to come. (I should've listened to DH). Next time I think I will just go shopping and forget about buying clothes online.

Site Layout - 10 / 10
    Ease of Use - 10 / 10
    Selection - 10 / 10
    Prices - 8 / 10 - better than in store
    Product - 8 / 10 appears to be the same as in store
    Accuracy - 6 / 10 - the jeans were complete incorrect
    Return Policy - 10 / 10

Overall - 8 / 10 - nothing really wrong with it, but it is easier to try on the clothes yourself.
    This thread is currently associated with: Penningtons, Addition Elle, Reitmans

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I guess I'm considered "plus size"...even though when I go into additionelle or penningtons NOTHING everrrr fits me properly (and i'm too big for stitches and all that jazz).

I get what I call the "crotch hang" in the smallest size jeans (where eveything else in the jean fits except you get a hugeeee hanging crotch). In shirts - don't even go there LMAO I'm an x but it doesn't fit (too small in the boob to big in the waist).

I prefer reitmans plus size....I guess they have a "plus size petite" and their jeans are a bit shorter, their shirts are a bit more fitted.

That's my spiel on additionelle, mxm, and penningtons LMAO
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I guess I'm considered "plus size"...even though when I go into additionelle or penningtons NOTHING everrrr fits me properly (and i'm too big for stitches and all that jazz).

I get what I call the "crotch hang" in the smallest size jeans (where eveything else in the jean fits except you get a hugeeee hanging crotch). In shirts - don't even go there LMAO I'm an x but it doesn't fit (too small in the boob to big in the waist).

I prefer reitmans plus size....I guess they have a "plus size petite" and their jeans are a bit shorter, their shirts are a bit more fitted.

That's my spiel on additionelle, mxm, and penningtons LMAO
    You and I need to open our own store of "In Betweens"!! I am the same way!! I went to Additionelle last night and finally found some jeans, but they are those narrow lagged ones, so I am not sohappy with them, but they fit - sort of. I tried on every decent shirt there, and same thing - huge in the waist, too small in the boobs. I still do not have an outfit for next weekend, despite trying nearly everything there on!! The girls were awesome though, they tried to help me find something which is nice. But I sure hate being on the "bubble" - not a plus, not a regular!!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2faith View Post
    You and I need to open our own store of "In Betweens"!! I am the same way!! I went to Additionelle last night and finally found some jeans, but they are those narrow lagged ones, so I am not sohappy with them, but they fit - sort of. I tried on every decent shirt there, and same thing - huge in the waist, too small in the boobs. I still do not have an outfit for next weekend, despite trying nearly everything there on!! The girls were awesome though, they tried to help me find something which is nice. But I sure hate being on the "bubble" - not a plus, not a regular!!
    If your imaginary store sold jeans that managed to fit me in the waist AND the thighs/butt I would buy EVERYTHING there. I'm sort of on the bubble, boobs and hips are plus sized, waist is not.

I've tried AdditionElle before and nothing ever fits me quite right and a lot of it ends up making me look like very pregnant.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love penningtons! I shop there a lot. I always go on my birthday week to get an extra 10% off. Usually they have massive mark down racks. When I do a big shop and then add up the original cost later I usually spend about 50$ and get 250$ worth of clothing. One year I bought a winter wool jacket and a suede winter jacket for 25$ each, they were originally 250$ each! They were from that winter, I bought them in the spring.

If you look around the store you will find they also have petite plus, that might help your sagging crotch problems!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I haven't had great luck there. I find that when clothing is plus sized, it seems to be assumed that you can't be tall or have long arms. Everything is too short everywhere for me! I guess I can't blame them for not fitting a giant properly.

Z

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aviallani View Post
    I love penningtons! I shop there a lot. I always go on my birthday week to get an extra 10% off. Usually they have massive mark down racks. When I do a big shop and then add up the original cost later I usually spend about 50$ and get 250$ worth of clothing. One year I bought a winter wool jacket and a suede winter jacket for 25$ each, they were originally 250$ each! They were from that winter, I bought them in the spring.

If you look around the store you will find they also have petite plus, that might help your sagging crotch problems!
    I do the same thing, last August I was in Calgary and bought a little black cocktail dress for 12.00 on sale, originally it was $98.00. One the same shopping trip to Calgary I spent 274.83 and bought over $800.00 on clothing for me and my husband (mine where all Reitmans and Addition and his was all Marks). My husband loved my return and all the money left in the account.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    If your imaginary store sold jeans that managed to fit me in the waist AND the thighs/butt I would buy EVERYTHING there. I'm sort of on the bubble, boobs and hips are plus sized, waist is not.

I've tried AdditionElle before and nothing ever fits me quite right and a lot of it ends up making me look like very pregnant.

HA you're exactly like me. I've just succombed to buying reitmans jeans (swear to god their plus sized petites are the BEST for "inbetween" girls) and they have these wicked post-pregnancy band type jeans that cover what you need to hide LOL. BUT i find that reitmans shirts are what I call

Small plus size LOL

i dunno if I'm getting fat(ter) **my hubby AND my mother said i'm not** but walmarts plus size is most definitely getting smaller!!

I dunno, when I go in there i swear i'm getting fatter, because the clothes are seemingly small(er) than they should be, but i look around and wonder how some people (that aren't in between) actually fit into those clothes!!!

Maybe it really is just me LMAO i dunno I think a 1X at penningtons is big....and maybe in my mind I think that penningtons clothes should be bigger than walmarts plus size, but penngingtons 1X does NOT even come close to how small walmarts 1X is.
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Sat, Apr 18th, 2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

i dunno if I'm getting fat(ter) **my hubby AND my mother said i'm not** but walmarts plus size is most definitely getting smaller!!
    Thank G*D its not just me. Also the plus size section of clothes are getting smaller. I keep hearing that the population is grown bigger but yet it seems harder to find clothing to fit.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The best fitting jeans (and most other clothing items for that matter) for "betweeners" are Apple Bottoms and Dereon. A bonus is that they're actually stylish and you can get any cut you can think of.

Aeropostale is great too (I think the biggest size is a 17).

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YesI'mcheap View Post
    Thank G*D its not just me. Also the plus size section of clothes are getting smaller. I keep hearing that the population is grown bigger but yet it seems harder to find clothing to fit.
    The selection getting smaller. Old Navy stopped carrying their plus size jeans in stores a while back. Half of the plus size section at our Walmart has been taken over by maternity, which is great for pregnant ladies but not so much for the rest of us.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Gap (USA) I don't think in Canada though has an awesome selection of plus sizes, I was pretty impressed when I was in the outlet in the States a few months ago.

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everywhere seems to be getting smaller - except for Reitmans. But, they have so few funky tops right now. I mean, I do not always want to be in a button up shirt - KWIM? I want something fun!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2faith View Post
    But, they have so few funky tops right now. I mean, I do not always want to be in a button up shirt - KWIM? I want something fun!!
    Again, Dereon! Honestly, pretty much all of the "urban" lines have gorgeous stuff in all sizes (stay away from Baby Phat though - if anyone even wears it still - that stuff is so cheaply made).

Reviews Administrator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is Deroen online? I know we do not have that store in our area...

If so, how are their sizes - like is a 14 actually a 14? Or do I have to buy one size bigger. (Maybe compare their sizes to Reitmans if possible).

Thank you!!

Amy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information