User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Expired
    I don't know where to post this but I have a big question...

I am trying to win a voting contest which ends in two days...
    In this particular contest I was knocked down to zero points 3 times... and after my and many others complaints they reworked it and started it again.... then the first day I watched some one get 300 votes... OK I reported that...

LG knocked them down to zero... second day they came galloping backwith 300 votes. LG elliminated them.
    Now, I am way in the lead after 10 days I have 500 votes. Then second place challenger shows... up.... and gradually catches up. Fair enough, except alltheir votes for the day (150 or so) add up over 3-4 hours in the evening.... Doesn't that seem fishy?

I must admit I beginning to be jaded and suspect every contest.
    Another voting contest caused me grief this spring... that person managed to get 250 votes over 2 hours... she was finally found out and elliminated too...

OK, so maybe I should avoid voting contests BUT how do we know these same people aren't somehow cheating in regular sweepstakes??? How do we know they aren't stacking contests with 100s of entries to our one? If it is so hard to "find them out" in visible contests, how easy is it to find them in hidden contests????
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    Last edited by hollyhill; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 12:03 AM.
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm sure the company logs ips to check to see if their cheating.

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Is it easy for companies to do that? Do you think it is routinely done to check out potential winners before the prize is awarded?

The two times I mentioned above... it took the companies ages to figure it out... or so it seemed.
    I sure hope there is some easy way for them to check up on everyone and make sure people are following the rules...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I voted for you

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I voted for you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Voted for you too.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I voted for you too

Must get Dempster toaster...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Holly, I'm not implying YOU are cheating, but didn't your vote count go up by 200-300 since yesterday as well? I remember seeing you in the 300's (because the next closest person, now in 3rd place had just a few votes less than you) and now you are in the 600's ...
    So, maybe however you are getting so many votes is the same as the other people! Networking, networking, networking!
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 09:38 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I voted for you

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You got my vote, and a bonus Rep as well!

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    Holly, I'm not implying YOU are cheating, but didn't your vote count go up by 200-300 since yesterday as well? I remember seeing you in the 300's (because the next closest person, now in 3rd place had just a few votes less than you) and now you are in the 600's ...
    So, maybe however you are getting so many votes is the same as the other people! Networking, networking, networking!
    Woah, I wish I went up that much in one day!
    It went up that much over the weekend.
    The third place fellow and I were working steadily at it and then the other person (silver x) went up the entire way and passed me over the weekend. On Friday I was at 340 votes.
    He/she also gets 90% of their votes in the evening. Weird.
    Anyways I have learned how to take screen shots from the past experience. and took a snapshots, which showed a jump of 225 votes in 3 hours...
    And I have definately been fortunate with my "network". Friends who stuck with me in the beginning and were annoyed as I have been with all the glitches, problems etc with this LG contest.

But all these problems just got me frustrated and thinking about all contests in general (even though it is the two voting ones I was in that showed me all the "tricks" people use), and how well they are regulated and if the organizers make sure the rules are even followed. I guess I was hoping someone knew some "insiders" and could assure me and bring back my "faith"....

And thank-you so much to everyone who voted... as you can see I need the help.
    Last edited by hollyhill; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I voted for you.. good luck!
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

they don't routinely do it (track IPs that is) some do, some don't. we know for a fact they didn't in the doritos guru contest. and, there was rampant cheating in the tripcentral video contest as well. it's very very disheartening. i'm pretty discouraged from the contests that require a great deal of effort only to have someone come in and *clearly* cheat and be rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyhill View Post
    Is it easy for companies to do that? Do you think it is routinely done to check out potential winners before the prize is awarded?

The two times I mentioned above... it took the companies ages to figure it out... or so it seemed.
    I sure hope there is some easy way for them to check up on everyone and make sure people are following the rules...

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AndieH View Post
    they don't routinely do it (track IPs that is) some do, some don't. we know for a fact they didn't in the doritos guru contest. and, there was rampant cheating in the tripcentral video contest as well. it's very very disheartening. i'm pretty discouraged from the contests that require a great deal of effort only to have someone come in and *clearly* cheat and be rewarded.
    Oh no really? You had to deal with it too! I am so sorry to hear that... I am disappointed that the companies don't make a better effort not to reward cheaters....

I sure hope the same thing doesn't happen in regular contests????
    By the way Andie thanks for your help...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just voted for you. Good Luck.

I rarely enter these because others seem to be able to get huge numbers of votes.
    There must be "tricks" as you say to getting large numbers of votes.

I'd prefer to be in a random draw that is fair !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information