User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at Costco in Markham, ON at 1230 PM today and purchased 5 gardener's baskets at a low cost of $7.97+tx per basket marked down from $29.99. This is a discounted item so check your location soon as these were going quickly! The basket contains 13 various handcare items in a beautiful basket. See the pic. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Last edited by EnjoySavings; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Resize of pic

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Holy cow I nearly bought one of these at full price as a gift. I will check it out thanks. I love when Costco marks something down but you have to move fast. LOL

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You have to move really fast as I had already gone to a costco and they were sold out and a lady with a whole cart load refused to sell me just one! LOL
    Last edited by EnjoySavings; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Great deal, too bad i never go there

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

wow that's great! I never go there either.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Will check it out today....great find!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awesome find!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

What a deal - really nice!! You should put this in the bragging section too.

EnyoySavings: that was pretty mean of the lady not to let you have one when she had a whole cart full. May a dog pee on her peonies for being soo mean!
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoySavings View Post
    You have to move really fast as I had already gone to a costco and they were sold out and a lady with a whole cart load refused to sell me just one! LOL
    Did you offer to buy it off of her for a small surcharge (e.g. $10)?

Let me be devil's advocate. I know others will sympathize with you....boo hoo, the lady was so mean not to give you one. But she did pick them up first, fair and square. Would you expect her to give you one if she only had a couple. The fact that she had a cart load does not make her obligation to give you one any greater than if she had only one or two. What if she needed specifically that many for, say, a wedding?

Finally, she is your fellow bargain hunter and may even be on this site or a similar one. I'm sure many people on here have "cleared out the store/shelf", so to speak, whenever there are terrific bargains.

I personally try to be very careful with what I put in my cart and am conscious of the time it takes me to go shopping. So if I buy x of a particular item, that means I want x number. I would probably say no to you right away too. However, sometimes after thinking about it, I will let the person know that I no longer want the item. It just bugs me when people give me dirty looks when I say no. I shop fair and square...I didn't steal it off someone's cart or anything like that. It doesn't hurt to ask, but you shouldn't expect to receive.
    Last edited by bug; Tue, Jun 9th, 2009 at 06:09 PM.

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Went to the one in Barrie tonight to check ( had to go to pick up stuff for my son's birthday anyways) and they didn't have any!! I was really disappointed... it would have made a really nice gift for my son's teacher at year end...She loves gardening Maybe I'll check Newmarket on the weekend...... If anyone from Newmarket goes and finds them or doesn't find them could you please let me know.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at costco in Kitchener tonight and I didn't see any in the discounted area at the front.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Did you offer to buy it off of her for a small surcharge (e.g. $10)?

Let me be devil's advocate. I know others will sympathize with you....boo hoo, the lady was so mean not to give you one. But she did pick them up first, fair and square. Would you expect her to give you one if she only had a couple. The fact that she had a cart load does not make her obligation to give you one any greater than if she had only one or two. What if she needed specifically that many for, say, a wedding?

Finally, she is your fellow bargain hunter and may even be on this site or a similar one. I'm sure many people on here have "cleared out the store/shelf", so to speak, whenever there are terrific bargains.

I personally try to be very careful with what I put in my cart and am conscious of the time it takes me to go shopping. So if I buy x of a particular item, that means I want x number. I would probably say no to you right away too. However, sometimes after thinking about it, I will let the person know that I no longer want the item. It just bugs me when people give me dirty looks when I say no. I shop fair and square...I didn't steal it off someone's cart or anything like that. It doesn't hurt to ask, but you shouldn't expect to receive.
    I think she was just kidding and didn't really expect to be given one.

I remember one time I was at the Markville Winners and they marked down ALL sheet sets to $5.00!! King, Queen, Twin EVERYTHING. High thread counts, awesome quality. Well there were a couple women with CARTLOADS!! At first I thought it was a cart that belonged to the store just storing them. I went over to browse threw it and this women puffed up her chest like I was entering her territory and I realized they were all hers. C'est la vie. I was annoyed I missed out, but what can ya do?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My advice to you all is to phone the different Costco stores near you and see if the item #166602 is still available and if so ask if they can hold it until you get there. I had to do this as the Costco in my town was sold out, I went home and began calling around and just happened that Markham had it and I drove half an hour to get there but it was well worth the trip!

Hope you people that are interested in getting this item has good luck finding it.

Bug, thank you for your response, your entitled to your opinion as we all are; to each his own I say!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tray, she had such a cart load that she had to go get another one becuz her pile would have prevented her from seeing where she was driving!! lol Im glad she got in on the deal and even more happy that I was able to get some.

Tray, that musta really sucked big time, $5 sheets and you couldnt get one set!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Redmouse, I'm not sure how I can move this thread to the brag section. Any ideas how to would be appreciated. TY!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information