User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is awesome. I downloaded Opera 10 with the new Unite feature and I'm very pleased.

For those who don't know, Opera is a free and secure web browser with lots of features.

The Unite feature allows your browser to become a server. You can choose to share files, chat, share pictures, even play your music collection - from any web browser on any computer, anywhere. The files you want to share don't have to be uploaded to the net - they stay right on your computer, and you can decide who can have access to them.

You don't need Opera to access these shared things, any web browser will work.

For example, now I can log onto a public computer at work on my lunch (a Mac running the Safari browser) and just go to the web page of my own music files and listen. Or show people my latest pictures. If my friend needs a document or file from my computer, no need to copy to a USB stick - I just give him the web address supplied by my Opera browser.

You can even have your own private chat room. No MSN, Yahoo, etc. required.

The possibilities of these features for me are quite useful, and you might find the same.

Opera's main page: http://www.opera.com/

Details about Opera Unite: http://unite.opera.com/ (includes video)
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics

Linux Registered User #426194

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After testing Unite, I have found it has a few bugs, like not being able to connect to the filesharing devices.

This release is an Alpha release, so as such it will have a few bugs that need ironing out. I am sure that in time it will be very useful when it reaches a stable RC version.

Linux Registered User #426194

Thread Information