User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm a SAHM aswell. I plan my shopping and go once a week since i have to go to anouther town. The only store here is foodland(sucks), so preplan, sometimes i will make a second trip just for something to do if the youngest is in school. Shopping is me time and i really enjoy it even if only for groceries.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Well I work at the mall... lol so Im there 5-6 days a week.... week days most of the time I take the bus, and have an 1-2 hours to kill before my shift starts... sometimes I go and take a look in walmart or shoppers to kill time... otherwise I go straight to work and read....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Why would you want to shop everyday anyway??? I do my research here on S.C. once a week so that I can finish all my shopping in 3 hours on Saturday morning.I use about 30 minutes a week to do coupons and flyer.

The best time saver for me is to declutter. Less stuff > less cleaning > more time.

Another tip is to make everything automatic. Auto payment, direct deposit and epost are big help.

You also need to know if some work is worth outsourcing. e.g. if you make about $25 an hour and it take you 8 hours to do your taxes, it would make sense to pay someone $50 to do it. You CAN buy time, sort of.

If you make $25 an hour, it also doesn't make sense to spend hours to do coupons just to save $5 a week. You will have to see how much saving is really worth against the value of your time.

If you need more tips on time management and simplified living. Try reading "The 4-hr work week". I also love "The Unclutterer" blog.

Why would I want to shop everyday?

Not necessarily shop per se, but I'd definitely love to get out every day and look for deals and coupons.

I find it very relaxing to wander the aisles and just look for deals. I guess its part of my "down time".

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

what is SAHM??? lol

neremind got it! stay at home mom.

coupon-holic
    Trading Score
    304 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate101 View Post
    what is SAHM??? lol

neremind got it! stay at home mom.

SAHM = sexy and hot mama!
    j/k..

I am a SAHM too..but I got my mom to help me take care of the toddler while I look after the baby! Trust me..shopping with a stroller-strapped baby is SO MUCH easier than a running toddler!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leopakes View Post

I am sooooooooo jealous!!!

I see so many of you posting that you saw coupons and got great deals almost every day, how do you do it??????

Between our kids, the house and working fulltime there is NO way I can get out to any freakin' store everyday even for a few minutes!!!

How do you do it?
    I know! I went back to work 2 weeks ago after a year off for maternity leave and wow what a change...barely anytime to organize coupons and shopping after work at 5pm sucks!!! I miss shopping during the day when the stores weren't crazy and I could look for deals instead of just running in to get what we need.

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I go to the mall on weekdays during working hours in suburbia, it is overwhelmingly SAHMs with gigantic strollers. Almost everybody has a stroller since I guess the older kids should be in school.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I rarely go shopping LOL my parents take care of the food thing so I just have to buy the stuff that is for me like hair care, makeup, clothes, toiletries etc and with freebies and the free herbal essence coupons we got I was sent shampoo and stocked up on shampoo so I am pretty set for a long time, my sis too since I shared some with her. Same with makeup and body wash and things if I keep winning contests and getting freebies I will never have to buy those again either. So I rarely order coupons unless its food related for my parents thats my contribution I guess since they won't let me pay a bit for rent or food LOL
    I am trying to save as much money as possible so I can take a business course here and its working cause the whole contest and freebie thing keeps me well stocked up with usually expensive stuff that I would probably never buy for myself and it keeps me from having to buy my usual brands in store. The only thing is I am starting to get too much of it! I keep winning more and more and I have other stuff I haven't used up yet so its starting to accumulate so I try to share with my mom and sis as often as possible too or with friends and family if its something they can use.

But with working full time now its tough to come home and find all this time to enter all my contests and look at freebies and things so its starting to slow down here

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been working 35 hours since my husband got laid off. He's now going back to school and the kids are off school which is making things difficult and my little boy dislikes shopping. Luckily I work at a mall Zehrs on one side Zellers at the other sometimes go coupon hunting on my breaks or hit Zehrs after work for some of their sale items. Other wise No Frills, Walmart, Shoppers, and Price Choppers are all in the same place. I take one day out of the week to go through them.

LittleMinx
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm fortunate to work and live close to the stores I like to shop at.
    I usually coupon shop on the weekends at SOM and SW, sometimes after work at SDM. On my coffee break I'll clip and organize. I shop at RCSS on my lunchbreak. It's theraputic shopping excursions during the work week. I'll shop enough for 2 dinners and lunches for the kids. I find that there are many unadvertised (secret sales) everyday, these prices fluctuate daily - so you must know what a good price is for the products you use and snap them up when they're cheap. That's when the coupon is your best friend. Always have your coupons organized and with you.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I'm a working mom and I sit at a computer all day. Work is slow right now so I have more time to check out the deals on this site and organize my coupons etc. I always go out on my lunch break to run errands for the office and while I'm out I snatch up some of the deals on my route. I also stop on my way home to pick up other stuff if needed. My main shopping is done on Saturday afternoons.

Since I like to go get the specials at so many different stores and they aren't located close to each other, I do those stores on days that I'm going that way.

Once I get home at night...I'm home for the evening with my teens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information