User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    oh i see! thanks for clearing that up

but wouldn't be harder without the applicator part then? how can you push the tampon in...that might require some pain!

Lol, no hon, no pain (you should be super relaxed, and NOT tense)! You simply slip it in, with your finger at the base, to push it in to the correct spot. Every woman is made differently, and I peronsally find (and a lot of other women!) that it is easier to find that comfortable spot WITHOUT an applicator. However, most girls/women using them for the first time would prefer an applicator, I suppose, until they become more comfortable knowing their bodies, and how it all works

And, about the virginity part, your mom is concerned about your "hymen". Since the hymen (a membrane that stretches across the vaginal opening), is often thought to be a sign of virginity, some people think inserting a tampon will cause trauma. But the hymen naturally stretches. If it completely blocks your vaginal opening, menstrual fluid couldn't leave your body!

PLUS, it can be torn or dialated in other ways unrelated to tampon use, or sex. Gymnastics, horsebackriding, bicycling can all cause this. Heck, not even ALL girls HAVE them, but most do. Sometimes your hymen might not even tear at all during sex at first, but will simply stretch.

The presence or absence of a hymen in no way indicates whether or not a female is a virgin. * You are a virgin until you have sexual intercourse.* Ok?

I have rambled on enough, but I hope SOME of this helps!

Don't mothers teach this information to their daughters? Or, don't you learn it in school? We had an entire course in junior high on it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unfortunately Gilly, we only touched on sex ed briefly and I guess they failed to mention the tampons thing! lol

Thanks for clearing that up~

But yah, I do intend to try the tampon thing because I play sports and it becomes a pain when I have to change it frequently and of course the fear of leakage.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't believe that your school only barely touched on the sex ed part! We had an entire year long course in Junior high covering all parts of the body, sex, etc etc . EVen the guys were forced to sit through a tampon discussion, and the teacher had a few companies send product samples of tampons, and pads, etc.

But, yes, tampons are handy things, especially with summer sports coming up, and ESPECIALLY if you are a swimmer! Good luck

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess our school was very poor? Lack of funding? haha, what it was I missed out!

Prue
    Two words...depo provera!!!

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    "No. Using a tampon has no effect on your "virginity". The only way by society's standards to "lose your virginity" is to have vaginal intercourse with a man. Here's a site with more info: www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html "

And another--- http://www.obtampons.com/know_01.shtml

Does this help?
    Careful.....what "society" are you talking about? What if a girl is lesbian or bi? There are many more nuances that are probably inappropriate on this forum.

Although "virginity" often refers generally to no prior history of vaginal intercourse with a man, please be aware that "sexual activity/intercourse" and "virginity" often carry different meaning and connotation in different settings and cultures.

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyways, you should talk to your mom if you think it would be helpful (even if you think it will be terribly awkward).

I personally used tampons with applicators when I was younger because I found it easier and a bit cleaner. I swam a lot in high school. However, I have since moved strictly to pads because I find them easier and cleaner, and I don't swim anymore. I don't find that pads hinder my workouts or exercises, but I don't do stuff like pilates or yoga.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find pads do hinder my exercises especially when I go jogging or hit the treadmill! Especially if it's my first two days! It's kind of like wearing a diaper I guess lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my cousins best friend died about 2 years ago from tss so it does happen it feels like you have the flu. depro povera has bad side effects for some. I had weight gain and menopose symptoms and so my doctor took me off it i was on it for 5 years. i very much miss not having a period.

Prue
    That's so sad about your cousin's friend. My mom use to drill TSS into my head when I was younger but it really is amazing the number of young girls who have never heard about it.

As for depo provera, thankfully I have no adverse reactions to it!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Careful.....what "society" are you talking about? What if a girl is lesbian or bi? There are many more nuances that are probably inappropriate on this forum.

Although "virginity" often refers generally to no prior history of vaginal intercourse with a man, please be aware that "sexual activity/intercourse" and "virginity" often carry different meaning and connotation in different settings and cultures.
    Actually, I was quoting the website, that I linked to, with information.

Don't want to get into EXACT specifics here. Gave an actual dictionary def. of virginity. ESPECIALLY since THAT is "accepted", and I didn't want to get into something explicit, or graphic, that was not appropriate for a forum setting.

I wasn't trying to make waves, as I was only trying to explain in an easy simple manner. Sorry to offend. (But, you are barking up the wrong tree, with ME. I gave my OWN daughter a VERY different definition of that exact same idea. (Similar to what you are getting at).... but, "Blistex" is NOT my daughter. I was only trying to be helpful, in a non-offensive light.

Toodle-loo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momg View Post
    my cousins best friend died about 2 years ago from tss so it does happen it feels like you have the flu. depro povera has bad side effects for some. I had weight gain and menopose symptoms and so my doctor took me off it i was on it for 5 years. i very much miss not having a period.
    it's funny how we miss things we've dreaded eh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information