User Tag List

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Expired
    I'll be in town for a week while DH is at the Canada Games in late August. I'm looking for ideas of things to do (frugal preferred ) with a 1 1/2 year old. Can the locals point me anywhere?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Victoria park is right on the water, there is the board walk, a big playground area, water spots for the kids and a pool. And it's all free! If you willing to drive a bit like 30 mins from town there is kings castel another huge play area for free. There is the indoor Kari pool at upei it has a kiddie second, I'm not sure the cost on it though. Umm in cavendish there is a water park for kids, shining waters but again I'm not sure the cost. Oh and the beach!! There are tons of nice ones, brackley beach is the only one you have to pay for. But I heard teahill has a nice one that's great for kids. Where are you guys staying?

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Thanks Ashley. We're staying at a friend's cottage in Stratford.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Then Victoria park and tea hill beach will be really close!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just so that you are aware, Tea Hill beach does have a lot of sea weed Some people aren't a fan of that.

This link might help you out some too...
    http://www.tourismpei.com/
    It's our local tourism site.

If you like to just go for walks, there's the confederation trail to go
    walking on. It's not paved though so you'll need a good stroller.
    There is a trail right behind the UPEI (the university) so you can park there and go.

Just outside of Charlottetown, across the hillsborough Bridge is the Cottonwood center, which has a nice trail through the woods as well.
    This is in Stratford

hmm...Cavendish is definately the touristy area. But it can get expensive, but if you pick up the tourism and travel guides you can find coupons for discounts, two for ones etc. Maybe a 30-40 minute drive from Stratford?
    I'm not 100% sure on the time...but it's something like that.

There are shows at the confederation center at lunch time which are free, but I'm not sure if your little one is too young to enjoy them.
    http://www.confederationcentre.com/e...ngcompany.aspx

The confederation library also has puppet plays and family story times on Wednesdays...here is the schedule

http://www.gov.pe.ca/cca/index.php3?...ePublicLibrary

These are in Charlottetown.

If you can give me a few more details on what you enjoy I might be able to think of some other things as well. Also will you have a car? I just reread some of the posts there, and noticed that you'll be in stratford.
    There is also an elementry school playground right in Stratfod, where you can take your little one to play. They have all sorts of equipment to climb and play on. It's called Glen Stewart Elementary.

I'll think some more and see what I can come up with. I live just the otherside of stratford, so I'll ask around

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Hi Greenlee, I'm sorry, I am just noticing your post now! Yes, I have a car. I'll be staying in Stratford, but will be all around the area I'm sure. We are primarily going because hubby is attending the Canada Games.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I was just at Tea Hill a few weeks ago, I didn't find an excessive amount of seaweed. It's a great place to go with a little one, no really big surf to knock 'em over.

Amber, if you go there, check the tides first - most fun at low tide with a toddler! There's miles of sand, little tidal pools with hermit crabs. My three year old had SO much fun when the tide was out. We went again the next day when the tide was in, he still went in the water but didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Z

Thread Information