User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wellcalm

Thread: Reactin Users Allergy Sufferers

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Expired on: Tue, Jan 26th, 2010
    I hope this is okay to post. I thought it would benefit some and really didn't know where to post it.

My husband has allergies and we have been spending alot of money on Reactin and I was always on the lookout for their coupons which I did find here on the site. I just wanted to offer a little advice to allergy sufferers who have been getting good results using Reactin. Recently my husband was perscribed the 20 mg tablets of Reactin which are completely covered by our drug plan. The recommended dosage of Reactin per day is 10 mg, so I don't know why they make them in 20 mg sizes, but they do, and you just split them in half as they have a score in the centre. So if you have a drug plan at work save yourself some money. Afterall, you pay good money to have the coverage so use it.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    frugal50 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Be aware that in some provinces, Reactine is not sold as a prescription product (they would not have it behind the counter and would tell you just to buy it from the shelf -- they might not even type up the prescription for you and grab it off the shelf to be dispensed as a prescription).

But aside from that, you can pretty much get anything on a 'drug plan'...

Blood pressure monitor, blood glucose monitors, crutches, arm slings, wrists support for carpal tunnel, any other sort of medical supplies, over the counter tylenol, advil, cough syrup, allergy medications, multivitamins, any vitamins or supplements, special infant formula, special formulas for ill people with chronic conditions (ex. renal failure), etc. .... (If you were told you need a blood pressure monitor from the doctor, check your drug & health benefits, you may be able to claim reimbursement for medical supplies)

Anything written on a prescription can be put towards your "health expenses", which you use it on your income tax claim. Sure you have to pay for it full-price, but if you're over the health expense limit (which you can be if you include all things above) you can receive it as a 'tax break'
    Please Support animal shelters across North America!!! http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive
    Click Daily to donate food!

Trading Score
    123 (100%)

Reactine is a wonderful drug (especially when it comes in the mail from trades for FREEEEEEEE!!!) but I have serious serious allergies, and need the FULL dose... Even 2 on some days. Hope it still helps the allergies!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We spend quite a bit of money on Reactine during the summer months. Unfortunately my partner can't tolerate lactose so the capsules are not an option. We have to buy the children's Reactine liquid which is lactose free. I think it's grape flavour or something like that...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i recently had a severe allergic reaction to something i dont know what, which sucks. But anyways the reason why doctors prescribe the 20 mg tablets is so that there is a stronger antihistimine effect. i was given the 20 mg dose becasue i was swollen all over and couldnt stop itchying and i also was having difficulty swallowing. First i had taken the benadryl which had no effect and then reactine OTC and then finally the prescription.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Where can I find a good price on reactine? I've never had allergy problems before, but this summer it is acting up.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Where can I find a good price on reactine? I've never had allergy problems before, but this summer it is acting up.
    Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart often have it on sale, 48 tablet size, sometimes you can luck out and they have bonus packs attached. Somewhere in the printable thread there are Reactine coupons. Let me see if I can find it.....
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/75664-p...er-3-a-canada/

It looks like there are some Benedryl coupons there to. Have a look. I hope the link comes out okay for you. Good luck. Allergies are no fun.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I went and just got the 20 pack for $16.99 "on sale" at SDM, didn't bother looking anywhere else. I've never bought allergy medicine before, so I didn't really know what to get. Thanks for the response. I will keep it in mind in the future.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I bought the "Truly" brand of antihistamines at Zellers. 48 pack for $24 (if I remember right). I think that's the cheapest I've managed to buy it at. I may check out whether my insurance company would cover a Reactine DIN.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    i recently had a severe allergic reaction to something i dont know what, which sucks. But anyways the reason why doctors prescribe the 20 mg tablets is so that there is a stronger antihistimine effect. i was given the 20 mg dose becasue i was swollen all over and couldnt stop itchying and i also was having difficulty swallowing. First i had taken the benadryl which had no effect and then reactine OTC and then finally the prescription.
    OMG!! I've been experiencing the exact same thing you described. I thought it was fleas so I went straight to the doctor and found out it was allergies. He prescribed me something that is not Reactin because I tried Reactin, Claritin, Benadryl before and nothing work!
    Trade & Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/85672-i...e-lqqk-canada/
    but I'm open to anything!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have to take an antihistamine every day and was spending a fortune on Reactine. I talked with the pharmacist at SDM who recommended their Life Brand and told me I could use half a tablet a day. The life brand is about half the price of the Reactine. It might not work for you but you could ask your pharmacist and maybe give it a try. Also in Ontario, Reactine is not on prescription so the expense is out of pocket.

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread moved to expired forum because wellcalm marked it as expired.

Thread Information