User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Virgin only gives the $50 credit on NEW activations. So you would have to change your phone number.

I needed a new phone and wound up going Rogers. $100 lasts a year and like all the other if you top up before the expiry date your minutes roll over.

Somebody here told me about the 1cent a minute rate after 8pm till 08 and that's the way I went because I only need the phone for night use. If you get a lot of texts look at their $3/month add on. Gives you 30 texts out and unlimited incoming.

Rogers just marginally beat out 7-11 for my money. They are doing the free phone with $100 until Christmas (I think) again.

When Bell bought out Branson from Virgin, the standards started slipping, rates increased without much notice. So I let my kids burn off my minutes and made the switch. But Virgin/Bell made such a hassle out of porting my phone number that I stuck with the one Rogers gave me (much easier to remember it turns out)

Using any cell phone in the States is expensive with the roaming fees. I bought an AT&T gophone for $30 at Best Buy down there. You got a ridiculous amount of minutes/credits with it. You can text to and from Canada, just not make calls north. Nobody tried calling me down there so I don't know if you can receive calls. But if you know people down there or are just wanting an emergency phone they have some wild daily rates. $3/day gives you unlimited LD calls across the us and unlimited US texts.

ah really??? that sucks about the credit then guess I wont be in such a hurry to get a new phone and will wait till this one completely dies or I find one I really like...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, the nice people at WallyWorld explained it to me and then I called the customer service line. The Virgin people were like "no, that's for new customers only". I tried the I'm a loyal Virgin user and so are my kids and they stuck to their guns.

Basically, phone companies don't make a heck of a lot of of us pay-as-you-go types and don't really give a flying pig about retaining us.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ughhh that really sucks but I checked and the phone I want went from 109.99 to 79.99 literally over night LOL
    Its the samsung link...anyone know anything about them if they are good or not?? I need to find a good phone that I can use for work too and it has to allow me to check emails...my current phone has internet but it NEVER works...idk guess maybe cause its an older phone but it only lets me use google...everything else comes up no data so I need something that lets me check email...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My kids told me that's a good phone if you text a lot. I don't so, it wasn't for me.

Oh, and it doesn't fit in the cellphone holders in a lot of purses and tote bags.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you get the cell phone yet or not?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cassine View Post
    Did you get the cell phone yet or not?
    I am looking for a new cell phone. My budget is really limited and I want the cheapest possible, something I would use once every few days.

Right now I am waiting to see what WIND has to offer.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information