User Tag List

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Expired
    We are moving to Kelowna at the end of August...Can anyone tell me about it there..?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Heya Shawn's gal....I just moved to Kelowna 9 months ago from Vancouver! Family members have lived here for years so I always came to visit...so it wasn't totally new to me, but still a major adjustment.

Check out this link...it's a main Kelowna news and info page with lots of links to City info. www.castanet.net

Also the tourism pages are a good place to start to get a feel for the place...
    http://www.tourismkelowna.com/

Kelowna is the fastest growing city in BC...and it has everything a larger city has to offer...but in a more relaxed paced. They call it 'mañana time' here...
    Kelowna is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hr very scenic drive to Vancouver (or a 45 min flight). You will love BC!! and Okanagan lake and the surrounding lakes are amazing. Don't mind the smokey haze in the live cam pictures....unforunately there is a huge 7000 hectare forest fire not too far from here...so terrible...hasn't gotten any buildings but many farms, homes and resort have been evacuated in that rural area.

If you have any specific questions...just pm me!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

y did someone give u a thumbs down?!
    i gave u a thumbs up to even it bak out
    My referral link to ShopperArmy! You and I will both share $5 once you reach $10!

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

well..theres an LD THERE!!! are u excited or wat! LOL
    My referral link to ShopperArmy! You and I will both share $5 once you reach $10!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

LMFAO @ MV...OMG YA THERE'S LD HERE!! The best part...what the hell was I thinking to not have mentioned that!! LOL!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by jojos_n_kelowna View Post
    Heya Shawn's gal....I just moved to Kelowna 9 months ago from Vancouver! Family members have lived here for years so I always came to visit...so it wasn't totally new to me, but still a major adjustment.

Check out this link...it's a main Kelowna news and info page with lots of links to City info. www.castanet.net

Also the tourism pages are a good place to start to get a feel for the place...
    http://www.tourismkelowna.com/

Kelowna is the fastest growing city in BC...and it has everything a larger city has to offer...but in a more relaxed paced. They call it 'mañana time' here...
    Kelowna is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hr very scenic drive to Vancouver (or a 45 min flight). You will love BC!! and Okanagan lake and the surrounding lakes are amazing. Don't mind the smokey haze in the live cam pictures....unforunately there is a huge 7000 hectare forest fire not too far from here...so terrible...hasn't gotten any buildings but many farms, homes and resort have been evacuated in that rural area.

If you have any specific questions...just pm me!
    Thank you so much for all of this jojo! It is a great help to say the least!
    We got the moving news without notice so we now have less than 30 days to move!
    Busy, Busy!
    What are the winters like there?

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by miniv View Post
    y did someone give u a thumbs down?!
    i gave u a thumbs up to even it bak out
    Hmmm...I don't know why the thumbs down...feeling bad for posting this now..Strange. Thank you for the thumbs up!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by miniv View Post
    well..theres an LD THERE!!! are u excited or wat! LOL
    A LD! WOOHOO! Yes that is fabulous news-Iam now excited! Thanks a bunch!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I gave you a thumbs up too...some peeps just like to cause havoc...no reason to feel strange for posting this.

Winters! Well coming from Vancouver where there is really only one season...RAIN! HA! I have to say that the seasons here are actually seasons...Summer HOT and Dry (it's been 38-40 these last few days) and Winters COLD and Snow (can get to -15 or -20). They don't get alot of rain here and when it does snow, the city is right on it plowing the roads clear. The snow doesn't compact on the road like it does in Vancouver, seems like a drier snow..LOL ironic. This past year we had more snowfall than usual according to my sister who has lived here 14 years. Every 4-5 years they get a heavier snowfall...There were about 10 random days of snow where the roads had to be plowed ..and you had to be a little extra careful ...but other than that it's great. Snow stays on the grassy areas longer which the kids love to play in. Lots of winter activities...BIg WHite, Silver Star, Crystal Mountain...even the local school grounds have hills big enough to get a toobogan speeding ticket..LOL! Welcome to Beautiful BC!!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by jojos_n_kelowna View Post
    I gave you a thumbs up too...some peeps just like to cause havoc...no reason to feel strange for posting this.

Winters! Well coming from Vancouver where there is really only one season...RAIN! HA! I have to say that the seasons here are actually seasons...Summer HOT and Dry (it's been 38-40 these last few days) and Winters COLD and Snow (can get to -15 or -20). They don't get alot of rain here and when it does snow, the city is right on it plowing the roads clear. The snow doesn't compact on the road like it does in Vancouver, seems like a drier snow..LOL ironic. This past year we had more snowfall than usual according to my sister who has lived here 14 years. Every 4-5 years they get a heavier snowfall...There were about 10 random days of snow where the roads had to be plowed ..and you had to be a little extra careful ...but other than that it's great. Snow stays on the grassy areas longer which the kids love to play in. Lots of winter activities...BIg WHite, Silver Star, Crystal Mountain...even the local school grounds have hills big enough to get a toobogan speeding ticket..LOL! Welcome to Beautiful BC!!
    Geez-don't know why i assumed they didnt get alot of snow there! lol...Oh well, Iam used to Ontario Winters!
    Thank you so much for the information-it is all a great help!

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Yay to another Okanagan SCer!!! Welcome to the Valley, Shawn'sgal!! I'm about 45 mins south of jojos. You will absolutely love it here.
    The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present. - author unknown

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I moved to Kelowna in 92 from vancouver and never would I go back, I even hate visiting my family there ( too many people, LOL).

If you read through the forums on castanet you'll find some threads there with people questioning why its so hard to meet people here. I think if you have young children and or cultural or sporting interests it may be easier to meet people here. I have a handful of good friends I have made over the years and I am happy with that.

I know of other Kelowna SC'ers so you wont be alone, maybe if there is enough of us we can actually do a G2G ( get together).

I have been to Europe, Western US, Eastern Canada, Alberta and Vancouver and other than Vancouver Island this is the only place I would ever consider living ( so far). I like having 4 seasons, the lake, the mountains and of course my friends .

Thread Information