User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tray View Post
    Ameda Purely Yours Double Electric!! You can get it for around $200. It's great. The hospital lactation consultant recommended to me. I was very happy with it. Milk does not go through the machine or tubing, which is a plus if you want to sell it or even buy one used.
    I have the same one and LOVE it! So nice that the milk cannot get into the tubing - more sanitary than other double electrics (not to mention easier to clean!)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I used the Medela double electric pump in the hospital and for a while at home. It's pretty awesome. I also used the Medela single hand pump and it was good, though I would suggest the double electric for time reasons.

...Although with the electric ones you sort of feel like a Jersey cow.

Junior Canuck BewilderedBrunette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Hey there...

I too used the Medela Swing and loved it! You can attach storage bags right to the pump for easy storage and its very portable. Depending on your plans and whether or not you're having twins, you might be able to get away with a single pump. I purchased mine at an online store for $159.00 as instead of the $199.99 that Babies R Us charges! If you really want the double, you can pick up the Medela Advanced Backpack Pump In Style for $275.00 instead of $359.99!

Also, if you live in the GTA you can pick it up...

Check it out: www.birthexperience.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I also have the Medela Swing and would definitely recommend it. It's a single electric but I never found myself wishing for a double. Pumping doesn't take very long (for me at least) and there are lots of times when I just need to pump one side anyways. Good luck in your search!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I pumped exclusively for the first 4.5 months because my DD refused to breastfeed. I used the Medela PISA (double electric) and it worked great.

The only drawback, no matter which pump you use, is if you drop the number of pumps per day the flow will eventually decrease as well Still, I was so relieved with each pump I dropped, especially giving up the pump and going to formula at 5 1/2 months. Freedom!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll second the Ameda Purely Yours. I borrowed it from a friend and it worked very well, almost as powerful as the hospital pumps. If you're going to be pumping a lot I'd go for a double pump - it will save your time and your sanity.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I tried the medela Freestyle (double, electric) that a friend owned to decide if I wanted a double. It pumped well, but was loud. I also had trouble with the handsfree mode, as the breastsheild would shift on me. I ended up purchasing the medela swing (single, electric) and love it. It does not pump as fast as the double, but is still quick, and not as loud. It also runs on batteries (4 double A's) and is just as powerful when using battery mode. If you do purchase a medela pump at toysrus, don't forget the $20 off coupon located in their baby catalouge. http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp...1&locale=en_CA

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

Hands down the Medela Symphony breast pump is the BEST on the market!!! Its hospital grade and very expensive to buy, but you can rent it at most pharmacies for $3 to $5 a day or $100 a month max. I pumped 8 times a day for 5 months and I couldn't have done it without this pump!!!
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information