User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone! Lately I have been interested in different strategies of making money through banks. Yes, Banks! Since banks make so much money from us I boycott to take as much money back from these financial institutions.

Savings Account for new openings...

1) HSBC is offer a one time offer of $50 for opening a new account (Offer valid until July 9, 2007)
    http://www.hsbcdirect.ca/1/2/hsbcdirect

2) ICICI (India's largest Bank) is now competing in Canada and offering $20 referral bonus for both people (max $500), however, PMsg me for a unique referral code to start which requires a full name and email.
    http://www.icicibank.ca/index.html

3) Also, ING Direct (World's largest online bank) is offering a $13 referral bonus for both people (max $260) use this referral code to start off 17103373S1
    http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/

Grand total: $83...and MAX $843.....Just start to inform other people using your new referral code. But Note: a min $100
    of float money is required to setup each account, but just transfer the money after opening the account, and the higher interest rate and other banking services are nice from these banks.

Please, message me if you need help. I will look for other interesting offers. Also, hit the thumbs up or down if you like these offers.
    Take Care
    Kani

Disclosure: Soft credit checks when opening savings account do not impact credit score (see attachment - but remember to be diligent and ask )

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by kani; Thu, Feb 14th, 2008 at 12:18 AM.

y2k
    Great Post! Keep up the good work! The ING referral code worked good! I will try the others which I didn't know about. Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

awesome stuff!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

feel free to PM your email address, i've been a loyal customer of ING for 5 years and they're GREAT, never have i paid a service charge. my referral code is 14641044S1.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have already signed up for the HSBC one, but not sure if I'll go fior the other two. It's only $13 for the ING bank.

BTW, Do they check your credit history/credit rating before they approve you for a bank account?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And as you are on it, you may take advantage of SmartCanucks' very own $44 rebate offer:
    http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/cas...s.php?merch=18

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Cool! I've been sick the last week and man you all have been busy bees.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another bank is RBC. They are giving a $150 gift card for opening a chequing account. Details below. I think its a great deal

http://online.rbc.com/rbc/07/catalyst/english/default.htm?ven=val&ProspectID=DA7EB10AA65547CF86E 477EA232644B1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

samhoque - No credit checks are done when opening a savings account so your credit score does not get a hit.

brodey - I looked into that RBC offer a while back, only thing is you have to open a signature account which is $12 a month. And it seems it will take 3-4 months min, before they send you your gift. The bonuses in this post are free with no cost and can be used multiple times. But thanks I forgot about that RBC offer!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi kani, I actually did do the offer with RBC because the $12 was less expensive than the CIBC. But thanks alot for the other offers.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I am getting a little annoyed by this series of so called "freebies"

IT IS STANDARD PROCEDURE for a credit check to be performed on all new customers of any bank. How else will they determine hold limits, access ETC...

STOP telling people that credit checks aren't done - they are and thank goodness you are not my financial planner.

I would beware of these posts - esp with sign up online and the type of information that has to be provided and I would hope others can see that I am only hoping to protect fellow SCs from potential issues.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LisaLisaBoBisa - You might want to double check your information. Credit checks are done when credit is offered. Hence, with opening a savings account no credit is given. The holds on checks are company policy with new customers, overtime when a track record is established the hold decreases. Additionally, a financial planner would not tell you to open a savings account since he makes no commission from your vested money in a bank. So please don't confuse me as a financial planner.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When I opened my BMO Investorline self-directed RRSP brokerage account, a credit inquiry appeared on my credit report... even though the account was strictly for investment purposes, not borrowing.

EDIT: I'm a long time customer of BMO with a clean credit report.... no late payments.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

travelgeek - I would wonder investing accounts are different from savings account. Since there is an option to buy on margin and enter in a short position, or maybe its just a regulated mandate. But from my research and inquires on this topic, I can concluded not hit is done on your credit when opening a savings account.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Kani - A credit inquiry is made - PERIOD. You can tell people whatever you want in order to get referrals, but it's just not true. I appreciate your proactive attempt at making the referrals worth your while, but I don't appreciate it being done through dishonesty.

Many people on here would likely sign up even with the credit check, which is their right. It is also their RIGHT to know that one will be done. A hard inquiry that affects their Fico score and will appear on their credit report for 3 years. So now they know..

Banks love to extend and offer credit. They can not do this unless you agree to a credit check. So even though they might not need the information from the initial inquiry, they WANT it so that they can suck you in to their other products.

Lisa

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information