When Couponing Used to Be Fun

1. LSarge2
    LSarge2
    *sigh* I went out today to 6 different stores in Leduc to find the sales, and was very disheartened to find that with the great deals all the shelves have been cleared. I have been Couponing for over 3 years, and in Leduc I never used to have a problem with shelves being cleared. I guess I just miss when it was enjoyable, now it feels like a job especially trying to drive from store to store and not to find anything. I am sorry for my little rant. Just a little frustrated when I can't even use my coupons for a sale. As well as I don't think stores or the manufacturers are putting tear pads out. Is it just me or is it close to impossible to find a couple of coupons anywhere lately? I used to see a pad at least down every aisle, and now nothing. Its getting harder and harder now, guess one just has to step up their A-Game. Anyways I think i kind of just rambled one here. Sorry. Just wondering if anyone else notices the shelf clearing in Leduc?
  2. couponing_momma
    couponing_momma
    Shelf clearing is a huge issue in Leduc!

I'm glad someone brought the issue to light on here... I have two little girls under the age of two that I need to bring shopping with me (my husband works out of town a lot) and when I finally have the diaper bag ready, pack them in the vehicle, get them into the cart and then finally make my way to an aisle only to find the shelf completely cleaned out is extremely frustrating. I don't have the ability to travel to multiple stores to find whatever maybe left over

And yes LSarge2, you're very right about the tear pads...all empty!

Sorry, I guess I felt the need to rant about this too...lol!
  3. LSarge2
    LSarge2
    well i am glad im not the only one who is feeling slightly frustrated. I really think leduc needs to start limiting on what people are buying. it seems it might be the only way stock is left for someone else. I am not going to drive into edmonton, by the time i get there and waste the time and money to get there i might as well just bought what i was going to buy and pay regular price at a different store in leduc. I have never actually talked to cashiers in leduc if there is someone who comes in and clears everything. Thanks for ranting with me Couponing Mama, i am hoping this fad wears off soon, and it can be like it used to be!
  4. couponing_momma
    couponing_momma
    I've talked to a few of the cashiers at No Frills...they have a name for this lady who comes in and clears the shelves: Crazy Coupon Lady! Supposedly, she comes in early in the morning.

Please "Crazy Coupon Lady", if you're reading this....leave some for the rest of us
  5. LSarge2
    LSarge2
    yes please, there are others who need the sales as well, please!

I got to know one cashier at SDM pretty well and she said they have been putting limits to stop shelf clearing. So here is hoping other stores will too!