User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    After three weeks of my building not getting flyers dropped off (or so I thought), I found three bundles of this upcoming weeks flyers in the recycling bins outside!! That's worse than not dropping them off at all because I can't understand why someone would do that but whoever is doing it certainly shouldn't be delivering the flyers!!
    GRRRRRRRRR!

Anyways, I have no idea who to call. If anyone knows, could you let me know? Thanks so much
    Just because they were put in the recycling bin doesn't mean the person delivering them did that. It might have been a tenant in the building being a jerk.
    A year or so back a person across the hall from me was supposed to deliver the local newspaper. Niagara This Week it is called. For a month or two this went on that she wasn't delivering them. I guess because she was pregnant and couldn't be bothered. I kept calling the newspaper to let them know that the bundles were always undelivered and would get wet from rain. They weren't doing a damn thing so I would throw them in the dumpster after a few days to a week. Finally they stopped dropping them off for her to deliver.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Newspaper delivery person must have decided not to renew the weekly paper route contract, so no more flyers for me. Do miss them but I might find them at .ca anyways. Paper copies are handy-can clip items and coupons to my list that goes with me.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Dec 9th, 2010 at 09:24 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had one newspaper delivery two weeks ago-flyers in my hands again with much delight!

This week-no paper with flyers. Good thing there is .ca as backup for sale offers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never get my flyers latley!!!! : (

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I give up entirely lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I called to complain once and they brushed me off and basically said "you're lucky if you get them at all". Poor attitude. I'm sure the stores that pay for ads wouldn't be happy to find out they aren't being delivered.

My guy shows up *maybe* once a month. He used to come on Thursday, now he sometimes comes on Friday, sometimes Saturday, sometimes not til later in the week. Sometimes he puts it in the mailbox, sometimes on the porch and last week it was just chucked to the far side of my driveway right in the snow and slush. Makes me so mad! I just want to scream at him.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went to M&M's once and mentioned I wasnt getting their flyer, and the store owner was ticked off to say the least.
    Now my current flyer lady lives down the road and I get them faithfully every week, but I also think she relies on the extra income it brings her.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would be ticked off too - they pay a lot for those to be printed and delivered (and think of the printing costs alone if they are just going in the garbage)

We finally started getting an IDA flyer, there is one just across the street but I have never got a flyer from them - seemingly I am out of the catchment area for the Rexall flyer which is weird because Freshco is right beside it and I get that one!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two things come to mind about flyers-turnover in the delivery people (maybe the flyer publishers are not paying them on time or just not considerate to deliverers) and the blind assumption that if advertisers paid the publisher for the ads, no one is the wiser if the end products don't get out to the customers who could use them.

So it could be worthwhile to ask the store managers about what they pay for the flyers and what is the delivery area that they are told will get the flyers. If your area is not getting the flyers that ought to be getting in your hands, just let the stores know. Smaller ones might rethink the delivery option and just offer them in-store. Saves on ad expense and publisher will try to recoup lost ad money. Wait and see if the advertisers do anything. No one likes to waste money.

You might just have to sign up for newsletters if that the option exist online or visit your stores on new flyer day to scoop your copies.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm in Burlington and in my building we stopped getting the post about 3 months ago which was rather disappointing, and we've been unsuccessful in finding out why. So, every 30 days you can get a free either 1-2 weeks of the Hamilton spectator They post it on their website thespec.com just keep an eye out for the ads on the left hand side.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Hi PinkLincoln, I am in Burlington too. We had the same issue but I called the Post and they started delivering it again, they just didn't have a carrier and since no one complained when they stopped, they didn't push finding one
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Do you know where I could find their contact info? They don't even have a website! And my grandmother in Scarborough gets a coupon book/magazine every month with The Mirror, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that here as far as I've seen. I usually steal them from her since she throws them out.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah they don't do any of the coupon booklets but I missed getting flyers to price match with
    Their website moved to Inside Halton's website http://www.insidehalton.com/community/burlington

and the contact us page (in case the first person doesn't help you)
    http://www.insidehalton.com/contactus#burlingtonpost
    ~ ~ ~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Metroland is the company who is incharge for all flyers in and around Ontario. Try them. See if you can get anywhere.... Good luck!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't get my flyers yesterday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information