User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

When at a store with a self-checkout, do you use it when you have coupons or do you prefer to go to a cashier? I'm asking because i've never used coupons at the self-checkout but i do see an option for it when i got to Metro or RCSS. How does it work as i've read only manufacturer coupons will only scan in but others like the P&G or save.ca ones won't. Do you have to call the cashier over for assistence? I'm getting tired of the attitudes of some cashiers when it comes to coupons so i'm hoping by using the self-checkout, i might be able to avoid it! But i am thinking no, the head cashier at that little station will have to override it.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Save.ca Coupons

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

good question.sometimes i would rather do it myself to avoid hassle,but then the overrides..ugh....best to go to a young male cashier sometimes..lol.i will definitely ask someone at walmart next time i go and get back to you if no one does..

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I use the self scan at RCSS when I have coupons. It's awesome and so easy to do on the machines. Self scan has really improved since they first came out with it, that's for sure. The person supervising the self scan area checks over your coupons after you're done entering them and makes sure you purchased sufficient product, they're not expired etc. I've not had a problem yet.

The one time I used coupons at a self scan in WM, however, the supervisor had to enter and override every single one in the self scan. It was as time consuming as if I'd gone to a regular cashier.

I heard that WM stopped allowing customers to enter coupons at self scan because people were abusing the system--not honoring the product sizes or the restrictions on the coupons etc. It's a darn shame really. Hopefully that privilege won't be taken away at RCSS.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks! I'm going to try at RCSS tomorrow! Lately i've been going to young male cashiers as i find them less likely to hassle you too!

This backfired at Walmart where i had a very, very rude guy who was maybe a few years younger then me (i'm 26) & he studied all of my coupons for 5 minutes, called a manager, and she said ok. He then proceeds to scrutinize the exact same coupon on my other items even after being cleared for them and it was the same item. Then my cat litter scanned in wrong so he called the department while i paid and stepped aside for other customers. So instead of waiting, i told him i would get the wrong price from the shelf and told him he would have to SCOP it. Went back to his til, waited again, and expalined to him. Another cashier was there too and he said to the other guy "Call somebody else to deal with this. Its b@#$^&*%." So the manager came over, took one look, and said yes its free....she knew very well about the SCOP policy and i was happy but then i hear the stupid cashier saying to the other guy "geeezz its just the prinicpal of it." as to why am i getting it for free? I was just too happy with all my savings that i sailed out of them. Great manager though! And most of our Walmarts took out the self-checkout about a month after they installed them. People were lining up with buggys full or were just plain clueless so they made the area into an express checkout.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I'm a cashier at Home Depot and sometimes self check-out can get hectic, even with just regular customers. I just ask that everyone take this into consideration, I know when I first joined here that someone put to go to self check-out because the cashier would be so busy they wouldn't take the time to fully check coupons.
    I also encounter alot of customers that want me to put their stuff through self check-out for them, even when there are other cashiers waiting for customers, really defeats the purpose.

Earn swagbucks while you surf - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/graciesm

Thread Information