User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

Pmmstan
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

hi all, can anyone advice if i call rogers if I'm only 1.5 years into my 3 years contract? or only when my contract is over.. hate these 3 years contracts

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Geez! I sure need to look into this wanting a discount on these services.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just called our cable company (Eastlink) this evening, and they have given me a $44 discount for the next 12 months. Fantastic!!!

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

My annual is coming up in December so you can bet I'll be calling again! If I don't get a good discount, then I just tell them I will shop around and find something and if it ends up better, I will cancel. Usually that gets them talking!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well, I called Rogers today. Our contract will be up for renewal next summer. I asked about cancellation fees and told them about Teksavvy's great prices and usage amount for internet. She said there's nothing she can do and I'll have to wait till the contract is over and I should upgrade if I need more GB. Also reminded me that I would have to give a 30 day notice if I wanna cancel. She was very rude about it also.

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Ugggg. After all this, I got my Bill from Rogers this week. For 418.00!!!! I just about blew a gasket. Called back, and it seems the guy made a mistake...really?

So I got another smal discount off my services every month for a year, a bunch of credits. So my bill is 160.00 now. Should still hover back to the 190-200 mark.

I still figure based on what people are paying that its a great deal 2x smart phones. home phone, high speed internet, and HDTV, TMN and 2 pvrs.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Ugggg. After all this, I got my Bill from Rogers this week. For 418.00!!!! I just about blew a gasket. Called back, and it seems the guy made a mistake...really?

So I got another smal discount off my services every month for a year, a bunch of credits. So my bill is 160.00 now. Should still hover back to the 190-200 mark.

I still figure based on what people are paying that its a great deal 2x smart phones. home phone, high speed internet, and HDTV, TMN and 2 pvrs.
    That's the only problem, its almost guaranteed that you will have to call back after your next bill because they messed something up. Painful but usually not an issue, just make sure you get a reference number just in case. When I went to a hdpvr they billed me for disconnect and reconnect all sort of disconnect and connection fees, bill was 350 more than it should have been. You should have seen my face when I saw that bill!!! And with pro rated billing it takes a PhD in Rogers billing, and a free afternoon to figure out what is going on.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,

I was recently training as a customer service rep for Rogers (I left as it was SO horrible), anyway I was astonished to find out they give away $4 to $5 MILLION EVERY MONTH in free 'things' like evening minutes, text packages etc. Just call and moan a bit and they will gladly give you a 'freebie' as it costs them nothing really. They will also do anything to keep you, mention anything about cancelling or about a competitor and they'll put you straight though to retention where you should be able to negotiate a much better bill

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^ you need to be careful for some thing now as some companies are starting to call promo jumpers on just trying to get that deal over and over and will offer to cancel your services so make sure you have another provider in mind in case they do offer this as an answer or tell them you will need to discuss it before committing to cancellations.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im loving my unlimited internet service from Tekksavvy 45.14 including taxes a month and my whole house is happy with the service !!!!!!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    I'm in Manitoba and currently pay Shaw $75/month for basic cable! I use MTS (manitoba telephone system) for landline, 2 cell phones & internet $200/month and that's with a $40/month discount for bundling!!! MTS does not have television here yet. Because we have no other television service here we are kinda stuck with the pricing Shaw gives us....grrrrr. We can get a Bell dish I guess but previous experience with them was not favorable. I will call a Loyalty and Retention CSR and see if Shaw can do something better for me. Would really like to get Digital/HD but the PVR alone is $298 - they won't let us rent one here like people do in the south! The joys of living in the north. Got us by the short and curlies LOL!

Where in Norther MB are you? I am in Thompson, and have the same services with MTS. I recently called and said I was going to change my internet to Shaw. I had gotten a flier in the mail saying it was $9.99 a month, compared to the $45 from MTS. Mts lowered my internet bill to $14.99 a month. Even though it wasn't as low as shaw, with my cell discount for having their internet, it was worth staying with MTS.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Thanks for this thread! I will have to try calling Shaw and seeing what luck I have with them - we pay soooo much for our cable/internet!

Junior Canuck PrincessPennyPincher's Avatar
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)

After seeing this thread ... I called in and also got my cable for half price! Of course they tried to talk me into more channels and I just stuck to my current pkg ... LOVE IT! thanks for the original post and sugestion ItsJill.
    Let's go shopping! Let's save some money

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ive only been with them for about a yr well my cable and so forth except my cell which has been yrs would i still qualify for a discount

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

im loving my unlimited internet service from Tekksavvy 45.14 including taxes a month and my whole house is happy with the service !!!!!!!!!
    +1 for teksavvy I have cable its 41.75 tax in loving it too!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information