Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By mdrew
  • 2 Post By Poirot
  • 3 Post By mdrew
  • 2 Post By Momof3girlies

Thread: Maxi - An extremely stressful and abusive experience

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'll let you be the judge, this is what happened and what I emailed their head office....

"I need to bring to your attention to the actions of the assistant store manager, Patricia, of Maxi Point-Claire on November 12th, 2012 between 6:30pm and 6:45pm.

On Tuesday November 6th my husband called Maxi to pre-order 75 assorted bags of Crispers crackers. He was connected to store manager Martin Benoit who took his order and promised they would arrived at the store on Friday November 9th by 5pm.

Upon arriving at the store on Monday November 12th we selected our shopping cart and proceeded to the customer service desk where I asked the worker for our pre-order. After many calls and confusion we found out that the pre-order had never been filled. We went to check the shelves to see if there were enough there to fill the total of 94 bags that we needed. There we 2 boxes of 12 above the shelves and some more on the shelves below but definitely not enough to add up to 94. I asked the assistant manager, Patricia if she could extend our rain check since our pre-order had not been filled. She asked to see my rain-check, which I handed to her. The rain-check had been written for 100 bags as I had asked the worker who had written it on October 17th what the maximum number of items on a rain-check is and she said there was none so to be safe I asked for 100 and she obliged.

After handing Patricia the rain-check she said she needed to go photo-copy it as the worker who had written it would be suspended. I stood mouth open completely shocked at her callous demeanor as she took off with the rain check. My husband and I proceeded to clear the shelves of the remaining Crispers and took our buggy back to the customer service desk where we waited for Patricia to return with our rain-check.

Patricia was taking longer than expected so I left my Husband, Stephen, at customer service while I went to go check out the store displays to see what was on sale. I didn't see anything that interested me so I returned to the customer service desk where I found that Patricia had returned to say that we had altered the rain-check, raising her voice and accusing us of committing fraud! My Husband pointed out that the rain-check had, infact been altered since I had handed it to her, to which Patricia raised her voice louder and began to get irate. I wanted to see what they were talking about so I went to pick up the rain-check off the conveyor belt when she violently snatched it out of my hands and in doing so bent my fingers back hard and scratched my hands and tore the rain-check. I asked her why she did that and she yelled that she wanted to write on it again. She wrote “A faire verifier par Marten Benoit 89950” while Stephen and I took note of the name on her name tag and agreed that we would contact Maxi Head Office as she had just assaulted me and accused us of fraud. Patricia handed me back the now altered and torn rain-check and left. Stephen went to the nearest cashier and asked if she had just seen what Patricia had done to me when Patricia came back running and yelling at my Husband. The frightened cashier wouldn't speak.

We have never been treated so poorly and aggressively by an employee of any store as we were by Patricia. We are writing to request that the store security videos of both the evening of October 17th when the rain-check was written at customer service and on November 12th between 6:30pm and 6:50pm be reviewed, not by the manager of that store but by Maxi Head Office so appropriate disciplinary action may be taken against Patricia. We are quite serious in our need for action on this matter and are requesting to be contacted regarding this incident ASAP.

We have attached photos of the rain-check. We await your response,"

The issue has since been resolved but I am interested in your thoughts,
    Thank you,
    Mel
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi, Loblaws, Provigo, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is just horrible.That lady who bent your fingers should be fired.
    Momof3girlies and mdrew like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    That is just horrible.That lady who bent your fingers should be fired.
    I don't know what happened to her but the District Manager got back to me and extended the rain check and gave me a $100 gift certificates after reviewing to video tape and speaking with the company's lawyers. I'm sure they were scared that I was going to press charges. Just an awful experience and now everytime I see a president's choice commercial that's what I think of and wince.

Mel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow...That is too much and what a horrible and abusif situation you too had to go true. I feell sorry for you and your husban.
    I sure hope i never do true someting like that.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Wow...That is too much and what a horrible and abusif situation you too had to go true. I feell sorry for you and your husban.
    I sure hope i never do true someting like that.
    It was awful, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, thank you or the support!

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That $100 gc wouldn't be enough for me to shut my mouth !!!
    GoddessDigi and sam786 like this.

Thread Information