User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: My CT Rant, You won't believe how I was treated!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a different crappy experience there myself but it shows how CT treats its customers. About a year ago, I cashed in around $175 worth of paper CT money. The cashier huffed and puffed and sighed as she counted it. Did she not realize that in order for me to accumulate so much CT money I must have spent quite of bit of money AND KEEP HER EMPLOYED !!! And last week an item I was buying scanned a couple dollars higher than the posted sign and when I asked for the scanning policy to be applied, the cashier acted like the money was coming out of her own pocket as she reluctantly discounted the item. Remember CT, it's your policy not mine. Such miserable employees make me dread going there.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

wow, I have been reading all these horrible things about CT, and I avoid going there with coupons now! However, I have used coupons in the past at 2 different locations (my city, and the next city over) and have never had any issues!
    Maybe the owners are fairly lax where I shop? The biggest issue, was the cashier tried to scan the barcode on the coupon, to put it through the system... (LOL, she figured it out pretty quick though)

On another positive note, I needed an air filter for our lawn mower, and I was walking around that section (looking totally clueless I'm sure!! LOL) and I actually had an employee stop, ask if I needed help, and then proceed to stand there and try to figure out which filter I needed!! It almost felt like a miracle!! hahaha, I know what it's like to get someone to actually help you! (I feel this isn't lack of customer service, but mostly lack of staff at any given time...)

maybe my local store is owned by someone who actually cares??
    Binky5 likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I was refused using a scratch card and CT money. One or the other. Huh?
    I have used a scratch card and points to pay the balance. I think thatmost CT staff just learn early on to argue with their customers, and make up the rules as they go!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    my issue with ct is that every time I'm there, the employees see customers then take off toward the back room! every time! if I ever need help, its a real drag to have to chase down someone who's trying to run away from me...
    Wow, we must live in the same town lol! Our store is horrible for that! They have been like that for as long as I can remember! And I find since they got those head pieces with mikes they pretend they are talking to someone and they never make eye contact... never! How can anyone run a business like that? Geeeesh!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    my issue with ct is that every time I'm there, the employees see customers then take off toward the back room! every time! if I ever need help, its a real drag to have to chase down someone who's trying to run away from me...
    I guess it's like someone posted here - hit and miss with the CT stores depending on the management.

At a rural CT store, when I looked puzzled, they asked if they could help. Two separate employees.
    And at a couple of GTA Canadian Tires, I was helped by 'super cashier' allowing me to use the 'phone to call one of their services.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pictures related

walkonby and Binky5 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

A few years ago I had a problem with the SCOP. 2 items came up the wrong price and the manager did not want to let me have them for free. He was a total jerk about it but with alot of people in the store he gave in (when confronted with the SCOP policy in print) but when I left he actually followed me into the parking lot and told me to not ever come into the store again. This was not the owner just some manager.

Most of the stores are a franchise which is why they will have different rules. There isn't alot head office will do since each manager can make up their own rules with things like coupons and the like. With the SCOP they are part of it and have to follow the rules they agree to follow but they can refuse to take any coupons if they felt like it.

CT is my least favourite place to shop. I like them less than Zellers.

Oh and Never go into that store in a red shirt. If you look like you know what you are doing someone might think you work there and ask you for help. Usually there is no help to be found.
    Last edited by kerrylj; Fri, Apr 5th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    Binky5 likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Wow ..
    He said WHat ?!? Id be fuming to hear that . Lately ive grown a decent pair that when anythinh happens ..let it be then complain to head office . Then get the manager to call and sort it out. Sometimes a cashier will give me some problems but i know not everyone is perfect and some need some more learning experience . So call out your supervisor or whoever is in charge because scop is not imaginary . You have it on paper so clearly there is a connection between you and that piece of paper. Gosh so difficult !!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    A few years ago I had a problem with the SCOP. 2 items came up the wrong price and the manager did not want to let me have them for free. He was a total jerk about it but with alot of people in the store he gave in (when confronted with the SCOP policy in print) but when I left he actually followed me into the parking lot and told me to not ever come into the store again. This was not the owner just some manager.

Most of the stores are a franchise which is why they will have different rules. There isn't alot head office will do since each manager can make up their own rules with things like coupons and the like. With the SCOP they are part of it and have to follow the rules they agree to follow but they can refuse to take any coupons if they felt like it.

CT is my least favourite place to shop. I like them less than Zellers.

Oh and Never go into that store in a red shirt. If you look like you know what you are doing someone might think you work there and ask you for help. Usually there is no help to be found.
    Binky5 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Canadian Tire is the last big chain to still be owners by Canadians. It's sad that they don't care more about their customers.

I never really had a bad experience there, but I shop there only when I absolutely must.
    Binky5 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KAT_5998 View Post
    Canadian Tire is the last big chain to still be owners by Canadians. It's sad that they don't care more about their customers.

I never really had a bad experience there, but I shop there only when I absolutely must.
    Of course they care about the customers it's just some people who work at stores don't realize they are working for the customers.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Apr 7th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KAT_5998 View Post

With a big chain like CT if they carred about their customers their head office would not continue to let the stores get such a bad reputation. I think head office would step in and try to correct the bad policies and practices. Its only good business! They have stores all over Canada. If I was a CT franchise owner I would not want the CT in the next town giving my company a bad rep! If you have a bad experience at one CT store chances are you wont shop at another!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

OP I remember reading your rant before, and I hope you don't mind me tacking my own lovely CT experience here now. It was such a small shop I was doing today, some Ziplocks, some dog biscuits and 4 Caesar dog food, a few dishsoap and 2 scrubbing bubbles refills ( toilet ) cans.

I have avoided CT for the very reasons everyone here has mentioned, but I guess I never thought that ridiculous " one coupon only " thing would ever happen to me. The gal was very nice, don't get me wrong, she scanned 10 x 40 count Ziplocks, and I handed her the 2 x $1.00 off coupons for those straight away, ( can you imagine if I had 10 of those coupons!? ) and that is when she started.
    We discussed the " transaction vs purchase " thing in the small print so I suggested she scan 9 boxes, use the one coupon, then do the other one separate, That seemed ok.
    Then as she scans the last Ziplock I push the other things towards her to scan and she sees I am holding other coupons for those products and starts again ( " only 1 coupon, bla bla bla.)

Then I said you actually mean that I can only use 1 single coupon at one time, like only 1 coupon can be shown on any one receipt I get from you ?? Yes she said.
    OMG, I almost cracked up right in her face, but since no one was waiting behind me, she processed everything this way, I left there with 4 separate receipts!!

Are they brain dead!!??
    Insane, c_mcarthur, innaor and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    OP I remember reading your rant before, and I hope you don't mind me tacking my own lovely CT experience here now. It was such a small shop I was doing today, some Ziplocks, some dog biscuits and 4 Caesar dog food, a few dishsoap and 2 scrubbing bubbles refills ( toilet ) cans.

I have avoided CT for the very reasons everyone here has mentioned, but I guess I never thought that ridiculous " one coupon only " thing would ever happen to me. The gal was very nice, don't get me wrong, she scanned 10 x 40 count Ziplocks, and I handed her the 2 x $1.00 off coupons for those straight away, ( can you imagine if I had 10 of those coupons!? ) and that is when she started.
    We discussed the " transaction vs purchase " thing in the small print so I suggested she scan 9 boxes, use the one coupon, then do the other one separate, That seemed ok.
    Then as she scans the last Ziplock I push the other things towards her to scan and she sees I am holding other coupons for those products and starts again ( " only 1 coupon, bla bla bla.)

Then I said you actually mean that I can only use 1 single coupon at one time, like only 1 coupon can be shown on any one receipt I get from you ?? Yes she said.
    OMG, I almost cracked up right in her face, but since no one was waiting behind me, she processed everything this way, I left there with 4 separate receipts!!

Are they brain dead!!??
    lol....I think they are and those who train them.
    walkonby likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i went to CT today to pick up the ziploc and greenworks
    now everyones whos printed the greenworks knows it prints in black and white, its not a colour coupon.
    So the cashier says to me,oh I dont think you can use these
    when i asked why not she said well ya kno not all stores accept printed coupons.
    and i said well does CT accept them?
    and she said yea but only for certain items
    I was like huh?
    so im like well can I use them or not, and shes like okay i'll put them through but im not sure if theyre valid or not.

waaa????

I paid and left with my cheap dishsoap lol

so apparently printed coupons are only allowed on ''certain'' items.. LOL
    walkonby and salena like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i don;t like people clearing the shelf, and i wish some stores would stop people hording stuff on sale with coupons/ MY 2 CENTS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information