User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Sorry don't know if this is the right place but..anyone know of a good doctor? ++

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In Hamilton, nothing downtown, nothing up the mountain..I just really need a doctor, doesn't have to be a family doctor..
    There was one at the Queenston clinic but he's not there anymore..
    I need someone who really cares about a patient's health and monitors them every few months etc. if needed..

I just really need someone who cares about their patient not their paycheck.

Does anyone know of any good doctors in clinics..?

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask..

but can you please help me out?

-Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by JDI007; Sat, Oct 19th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The most recent walk-in clinic opened on the Mountain at Rymal Rd & Nebo-it's located in the same plaza as the Fortino's headquarters. I don't anyone who goes there but likely the doctor is accepting new patients.
    See if plaza office can help you with contact information-
    http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontari...a/8229491.html

There's a clinic on Locke St. S. but I believe you have to fill in a questionnaire and get interviewed before you are accepted.
    Ancaster-the old post office (now a medical arts clinic-it will be expanding/getting a second storey, probably next year if all things move along) has a male doctor. I have heard good reports about him from two people.
    http://www.hamiltonnews.com/news/new...s-to-ancaster/
    Farther along, the second plaza past the Ancaster Walmart (way out there) is a female doctor who started her practice think about two years ago. http://www.ancastermedicalcentre.com/page2.php
    Not sure what patients think of her yet. Route 16 Ancaster runs past both practices but be aware that the bus runs hourly when not running during rush hours. 5C-West Hamilton will bring you into Ancaster at Wilson St./Rousseaux St.

On Upper Centennial Parkway, there is the Southmount Health Centre. I read somewhere online that a family doctor is already practicing there. https://www.facebook.com/southmounthealth
    Rest of centre and parking lot may not be quite ready. Southmounthealth.com is the website but it's not really specific of what is open and its social media sites have not been updated since July. Route 44-Rymal HSR bus passes by the centre.

Just noticed there is another clinic on Nebo Rd-don't know what its like.
    http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/hamil...69-185800.html

Another clinic close to Upper Centennial Pkwy and Rymal:
    http://hamiltonwalkinclinic.com/rymal/directions.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Oct 22nd, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
    JDI007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aw unfortunately those are all up the mountain which is really far from where I live Ancaster as well, and to get there would be a pain because I have no car.. =( but thank you anyway I really appreciate your help! <3
    I live near Target on Queenston.
    I will keep looking. I know there's a new lab. on Queenston/Parkdale ..but no clinic..too bad. I wish they would open one there.
    Last edited by JDI007; Wed, Oct 23rd, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You are on the B-Line (10) bus route so you can go into Stoney Creek or zip into downtown! Handy bus route. Guess Eastgate does not have its own clinic either.
    Rte 44 Rymal goes from Eastgate Sq (Mon-Fri; peak periods every 30min then hourly outside of rush hours) and you'd be up at Southmount within 15min if traffic is moving. Don't give up yet! Closest option short of looking towards downtown.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I think walmart has family doctors now? I use Dr callaghan on main street by sherman, i don't think he's accepting.. Theres a list you can get of all the family doctors accepting patients.. worth calling the city to ask about.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yea I'm checking online I found a list of doctors in hamilton but it's a loooong list and goes alphabetically..there's like thousand's of pages..which is impossible to get through.
    I'll ask around, tell my parent's to ask their friends etc.
    I suppose it is easier getting to downtown then it is getting up the mountain by bus. I just don't like the idea of having a doctor sooo far away you know what I mean?
    I wish there was a bus going from Eastgate to up the mountain..it still doesn't make sense to me..there's a highway right beside eastgate .. :/ perfect bus route.
    Anywho, will keep looking. Right now I'm still going to the clinic on Queenston..one of their doctors retired..=( he was my favorite doctor I was so sad when I heard..but I'm seeing this lady doctor in that clinic..she seems to be the only good one left.

If you guys find anything in my area..please let me know.
    -Thank you for all your help I appreciate it.

We will be moving too so it would really be great if I could find someone nearby..I know it's hard but I will keep looking.

*What about Stoney Creek? I'm still kind of open to that too..just not too far into Stoney Creek.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hi a007...have u found a dr yet?

my dr is Ayeni, he is very nice, been with him for about q yr & half...hes on queenston rd near bedrock bistro.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Southmount's Facebook page mentioned that the Salt Cave is open as of Feb. 12. But the website for Southmount and the salt room are not updated with hours/contact information.

https://www.facebook.com/southmounthealth

Thread Information