User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Public Mobile and chatr which is the best in terms of signal strenght

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Thining of going pay as u go. deciding on public mobile and chatr. which is more reliable please? I order an iPhone from rogers 9Contract)but had to cancel because I have to $80.00 plus tax every month. too much. Please help.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Rogers (Plus)

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

im with public mobile and dont really have any complaints. i have unlimited everything and pay like $40 a month or something
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You could also try Koodo. Koodo's minutes and data rollover as long as you renew the base plan.

http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not familiar with either company unfortunately. In my opinion coverage is one of the top priorities. If you are traveling within your Province, make sure there is coverage outside your city (rural, country areas).

I was with Koodo and very happy. Unfortunately the coverage outside my city was quite limited to a certain section (rural, country areas within my own Province). If I traveled to other Provinces, Koodo would have good coverage. I left due to that.

Some of companies share towers. Koodo shares Telus towers. Bell and Virgin Mobile. Speak Out 7-11 shares with Rogers.

I found this map useful on cell phone tower locations...http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Another one for map coverage http://www.comparecellular.com/coverage-maps/
    Last edited by toban; Wed, Jan 15th, 2014 at 09:52 PM.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Please do yourself a favour and go with Chatr. Public Mobile's reception and signal speed is no where near that of Chatr (who operates on the Rogers network). Another problem with public mobile is that you must use one of their phones, and once you leave them you cannot reuse the phone for any other network as they use CDMA phones, and NOT SIM phones. Though, if you need to use data, chatr does not have any good options, which at that point I would recommend Wind Mobile.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

We r using public mobile from more than a year and never have any complain about signals, it works every where perfectly even in the elevators and basements with no windows etc. Unlimited talking Canada wide, and unlimited global text only for $25 (actually we are paying only $15 for all of this for first 30 months, got this plan last year during Dec.)
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Thank yll. I really appreciate it to much. now time to decide.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    Thining of going pay as u go. deciding on public mobile and chatr. which is more reliable please? I order an iPhone from rogers 9Contract)but had to cancel because I have to $80.00 plus tax every month. too much. Please help.
    Some thoughts...
    • pay attention to where you live, work and play. Once you go suburban, be prepared for roaming Canada
    • talk to your neighbors and co-workers on what dead zones they found. Telus charges me more, but I get coverage where I want. Telus install repeaters in many concrete buildings where I am, so my phone last much longer compared to similar models with different carriers.
    • do you need data? Are you happy with 2G? Does the discount carrier offer 3G or 4G LTE?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vaughngal View Post
    chatr and Fido are owned by Rogers and use the same network, the coverage is better.
    vaughngal likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

have decided to go with Chatr. thank yll for your contribution.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just pay attention to the coverage. If you stay within the urban area. You will be fine. If you find yourself frequently going into rural locations and needing "Canada Roaming" frequently, you might need to return to the parent company.

Had a look a Public Mobile, I think the coverage map is so misleading as the shading for rural roaming is so similar to the urban coverage.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

chatr is a Rogers compagny so its the same network...like Fido...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alexander View Post
    chatr is a Rogers compagny so its the same network...like Fido...
    Yes, but is the coverage the same????

If you look at the Chatr coverage map, it has a different shading once you leave the urban areas.
    http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/cha...Label=Coverage

Do you believe in Canadian roaming charges?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

I went with chatr, got unlimited local min for $20.00 plus tax(22.45). so far am happy with their service. fornow, I do not travel outside gta, so am cool for now. Thanks once again. oh and I did set up auto pay, which chatr will gives me extra $10.00 to m account for the next 8 months.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information