Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By tocgal
  • 2 Post By Future
  • 1 Post By MrsSunshine
  • 1 Post By Disability Refunds

Thread: Using National Benefit Authority to help get disability tax credit

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My in-laws are needing to apply for the disablity tax credit and I need to find a company to help them with the paperwork. Over our last talk, they mentioned using National Benefit Authority to help them figure all of this out. A friend they play cards with told them about the company. Anybody use this? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you may want to check this company out further - The forms are online to download Their doctor will complete his part and if they qualify then they get to keep all the monies. Losing 25-30% is a high amount. If they need help filling in the forms friends or perhaps a senior centre offering tax returns would assist
    Last edited by tocgal; Fri, Feb 14th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
    ROMEO and tobiwobi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They don't need any help filling out the paper work as the dr fills it all in pretty much then they just have to mail it. Don't ever pay a company to do any of the work, it's not work it, they don't do anything special to guarantee anything.
    ROMEO and itsmewhoelse like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

one question before i respond. are your parents over 65.. if so they will not qualify as they already do for Old age pention if it applies in your area.

Have a package mailed out to your home. then..
    If you can make an appt with them and their Dr. ask their dr if he/she would mind filling out the paperwork. There may be a small nominal cost. BUT much less than what you would lose otherwise. some dr's may do it for free.
    Once you receive the papers, bring it to the office with you. Explain their situation.
    Leave the papers with the Dr. and inform them you will pick them up once filled out.
    MAKE COPIES once you get them back..
    Send them off. Wait.
    They are really not difficult to do. I had to do it in duplicate. its so worth it.
    good luck. if you need any more help just ask.
    **im sure their Dr. already knows. however if not.. and they are NOT over 65.. make sure their dr. fills out the form in the most negative form possible. sounds harsh. but the worse off they make them sound the better.**
    ROMEO likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is no age limit under or over which people would not qualify for Disability Tax Credit - in fact most of our clients are over 65 years of age. If they do not have enough income or tax payable the benefit may be transferred to family member or a relative.

should you need more information on this please do not hesitate to contact me

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    one question before i respond. are your parents over 65.. if so they will not qualify as they already do for Old age pention if it applies in your area.

Have a package mailed out to your home. then..
    If you can make an appt with them and their Dr. ask their dr if he/she would mind filling out the paperwork. There may be a small nominal cost. BUT much less than what you would lose otherwise. some dr's may do it for free.
    Once you receive the papers, bring it to the office with you. Explain their situation.
    Leave the papers with the Dr. and inform them you will pick them up once filled out.
    MAKE COPIES once you get them back..
    Send them off. Wait.
    They are really not difficult to do. I had to do it in duplicate. its so worth it.
    good luck. if you need any more help just ask.
    **im sure their Dr. already knows. however if not.. and they are NOT over 65.. make sure their dr. fills out the form in the most negative form possible. sounds harsh. but the worse off they make them sound the better.**
    ROMEO likes this.

Thread Information