• 3 Post By couponkrystal
  • 1 Post By canadascouponeer
  • 1 Post By dizzyb
  • 1 Post By Kitty77
  • 1 Post By couponmummy

Thread: Target receipts are sooooo confusing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why are they so hard to understand? Return values different than purchase price and gift cards with purchase are the most confusing. I love the deals I can find but would love to understand them better.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I agree with you about the receipts being very confusing. They list coupons all at the bottom of the receipt so you cant tell which coupon is for what. I find that the key to understanding them better is to calculation a "mock" transaction in your head before cashing out to get a rough idea of how much the final transaction should be. I still have no idea what the return value thing is though LOL

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadascouponeer View Post
    I agree with you about the receipts being very confusing. They list coupons all at the bottom of the receipt so you cant tell which coupon is for what. I find that the key to understanding them better is to calculation a "mock" transaction in your head before cashing out to get a rough idea of how much the final transaction should be. I still have no idea what the return value thing is though LOL
    Yeah, the receipts are a monster and the display at the cash isn't much help, either!
    The "return value" would be how much you would receive as a refund if you brought the item back. They've deducted the coupon value from the product (pretty sure this is only for Target coupons, though).
    Kitty77 likes this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi, Ladies, after shopping at Target this weekend, and had lots of coupon and couldn't figure out if they had all been deducted, so from now on, am going to make a little list of the items bought with a coupon, so know that they have been used. My bill was okay, thank goodness.
    Also, always scan everything before going to the register, had a few problems with discounted items, not scanning at the sale price. For those things that did not scan correctly, took those items to Customer Service instead of going to the regular cashier, so that the prices were corrected.
    Just like shopping at Zellers, always scanned everything before checking out, less hassle at the register.
    dizzyb likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I bought a bath towel and a hand towel last week, the regular price of each item was shown, then the refund value, then the coupon discount on the transaction receipt. As the items were on sale, that is how the system reflected the item prices. Good thing I saw the shelf cards with sale prices/reg prices and discount savings so the refund values=sale prices.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have one item on my receipt with negative tax and I don't understand it. Maybe there is a Target Receipt Course 101 that we can take so we can all learn new math.
    Poirot likes this.

Thread Information