User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Personalized Coupons - Issues with optimum Points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Has anyone seen their missing 20x pts appear yet? I did a 20x on various products and 18500 on separate shops --- I'm pretty sure they were to be added apr 14 .... not added yet.... Anyone receive theirs?

looking for a good deal.. Lily's mommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I got my bonus points (11,2000) from a transaction way back in March!

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Has anyone seen their missing 20x pts appear yet? I did a 20x on various products and 18500 on separate shops --- I'm pretty sure they were to be added apr 14 .... not added yet.... Anyone receive theirs?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily's mommy View Post
    I got my bonus points (11,2000) from a transaction way back in March!
    were they awarded on apr 14th?

looking for a good deal.. Lily's mommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Yes, I got them on April 14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Do you mean 20x the points for a specific product, or 20x the points on your transaction (ie. 20x WUS $50). If it's the 20x on a specific product (like the 20x WUB any Cookies) coupon I used, it never showed up. And I don't believe it was supposed to be added on the 14th, it should have been automatic.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so glad you posted this! It reminded me to check and I am missing my 20x from a shop in March that I was supposed to get on the 14th. This is the reason why I have started to take a picture of the coupon & receipt so I have proof when/if I have to call.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Yes - for me it was the end of march ... I used a mailed coupon for 18500 WUS $75 - along with a 20x WUB milk and some other points coupons. The $ off coupons worked but the 20x for a specific product didn't work and the 18500 did not get added on the 14th and I have checked again and still not added.

Good idea to take a photo of the coupon as now looking at the receipt I don't know which promo code is for which thing....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received the points on April 10th for one account, and on April 9th for the other account, several days earlier than expected!
    Last edited by bbpp73; Fri, Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I checked my account a few days ago to see if I'd been credited for a few things. Nope ! So I called SDM HO to get it sorted out.
    I hadn't been credited for a personalized (mailed) coupon, which they credited right away, and apparently there was some sort of mixup with RBC Mastercard that resulted in a deduction of points that is 'supposed' to be corrected. It pays to keep on top of it. I keep all my receipts, etc on offers that are to be credited at a later date.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Did anyone get personalized coupon emsil yet? I got an email for the coupon "spend $30 get $10 off" but there are no other coupons. Just wondering if i am going to get any this week or not...
    sun_shine likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Did anyone get personalized coupon emsil yet? I got an email for the coupon "spend $30 get $10 off" but there are no other coupons. Just wondering if i am going to get any this week or not...
    I haven't received the email but on my app I have one (new) coupon so it looks like coupons will be sent this week. I wonder if they will start to always do them later in the day (like last week) so people will be less likely to use them on Fridays.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Usually when they do this "special" coupon they don't send any others.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

So I called SDM to inquire about 2 things: on march 30 I shopped and used a mailed coupon for 18,500 WUS $75 ... I thought they would have been added on April 14th but nothing showed up. I was told the coupon expiry was April 14th and the points are awarded on the 14th of the following month. Six weeks seems like a looong time to wait for points - I'll likely forget about them by then.

The second question was about 800pts coupon for milk .... I had thought it was "on all eligible products" ... but it turns out it was just on 1 product. The milk points did show up on the receipt but I had thought it was for another product as the amount of points awarded was just 800 rather than the 2400 I was expecting.

Is this everyone else's experience - that the points are just on one product and the 18,500 are the month following the month the coupons expire?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

So I called SDM to inquire about 2 things: on march 30 I shopped and used a mailed coupon for 18,500 WUS $75 ... I thought they would have been added on April 14th but nothing showed up. I was told the coupon expiry was April 14th and the points are awarded on the 14th of the following month. Six weeks seems like a looong time to wait for points - I'll likely forget about them by then.

The second question was about 800pts coupon for milk .... I had thought it was "on all eligible products" ... but it turns out it was just on 1 product. The milk points did show up on the receipt but I had thought it was for another product as the amount of points awarded was just 800 rather than the 2400 I was expecting.

Is this everyone else's experience - that the points are just on one product and the 18,500 are the month following the month the coupons expire?
    I've never received mailed coupons (only emails) so I don't know the answer to your first question, but with the bonus points coupons if it's a stated amount like this one it only works on one item. The 20x on an item coupon has worked on multiples for me, but those ones are more difficult to figure out because there is no consistency (most people don't get the points then when they call, they're told it's only for 1 item so don't get all of the points awarded.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I had a big blow out with a sdm rep last month over this same issue. I posted the whole thing and finally today it was resolved. For now. I used a 20x on cookies in March and again in April. I didnt see my points right away so I called and i was given only half the points as a good faith offer. then in April i was not allowed the points because she said they already gave me a good faith offer and I am just try to scam more points so I am not entitled to any. Thanks to SC advice I posted my complaint on FB and I got a msg to call a rep. I had already faxed the first rep a copy of my valid receipt with the coupon code on it which she claimed I lied about, I was awarded my points and it wasnt noted as good faith. If they put that note in your account apparently its a red that when you call in again your a problem customer and you are not honest and you have to prove everything on paper. I was also told that those 20x on a purchase includes all the elligible purchases on that receipt and the points should be awarded on the spot unless the coupon actually states a different time. If you do not see the points then you are to call head office while at the store to have the points adjusted. If you call after you leave the store then you are subject to the i dont believe you red ged account good faith rule.
    What a pain for being an honest customer and using the coupons give to you.
    luckbealady and sun_shine like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information