User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By taryn1535
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By taryn1535

Thread: PMing hanging flowers baskets or plants?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I saw the post reminding people to try PMing gardening supplies and was wondering if anyone has PM'd hanging flower baskets or plants?

There are some great deals this week and although PMing groceries seems pretty straight forward, I'm not sure what the grocery chain garden centres (e.g. RCSS, Freshco, etc.) or Walmart and Home Depot's policies are on this matter. I suspect it will vary from store to store and whether the attached centre is part of the chain but if anyone knows or has PM'd recently, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Home Depot, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

taryn1535, welcome to smartcanucks. Shwagirl often reminds us to PM the flyers at Home Depot for flowers.
    Some hanging baskets were on sale at No Frills and Home Depot does price match. Good luck.

Here is one of Shwa's posts recently

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/383750-...a/#post5946770
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    taryn1535, welcome to smartcanucks. Shwagirl often reminds us to PM the flyers at Home Depot for flowers.
    Some hanging baskets were on sale at No Frills and Home Depot does price match. Good luck.

Here is one of Shwa's posts recently

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/383750-...a/#post5946770
    I have price matched hanging baskets at Home Depot. They don't make it quick and easy. Sometimes they have to check with the department manager.

The flyer must have the identical size of basket. For example 10" basket at Freshco/No Frills/Food Basics easily price matched. Sometimes Home Depot has 12" baskets too.

Some Home Depots want to take the flyer and cut the advertisement out. Always take two printed flyers so you will have one for yourself.

I have not price matched using my phone.

Home Depot and Canadian Tire give 10% off the price when price matching. Home Depot takes the 10% off the price. Canadian Tire gives 10% in CT money.

By the way, Lowes jumped on board and reduced the price of their hanging basket.

IMHO Lowes, Home Depot and some Canadian Tires have higher quality plants for hanging baskets.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, May 12th, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    itsmewhoelse and walkonby like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the quick replies. This is helpful. I may be bold and try tomorrow to pick up some flowers for around the yard
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have price matched the hanging baskets at Home Depot from the Food Basics flyer the past 2 years with no issue. And received the extra 10% off too. I bought 5 this year. 2 for Gram and 3 for me

Thread Information