User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: MistyEyez Twisted Traditional Trivia Train

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Expired
    Train is full with $200+ of a mixture of coupons expiring July 30, 2014 or later.

For this train I will be taking 7 riders (with a trade rating of 15+) plus myself for a total of 8 riders.

Train Rules:

* Please post in thread and PM your address and wishlist for a seat.
    * No TFT, French, or Store Specific Coupons.
    * Replace coupons you take out $ for $ (approx.) with at least one month later expiry than coupon taken out (i.e. you take out a coupon with July 2014 expiry - it must be replaced with a coupon with August 2014 expiry or later).
    * Mail out within 24 hours (please take to Post Office to ensure correct postage)
    * Post in thread when you receive and send as well as in and out values.

BP: None!!

Now here comes the fun part....

I will be posting a trivia question each day and riders will have 24 hours to send their answer to me via PM. (Please keep it fair to everyone and don't use Google to look up answers!) Once the train has made its way back home then the 3 riders who have answered the highest number of trivia answers right will get wishlist coupons sent to them as follows:

1st prize: 5 exact wishlist coupons
    2nd prize: 3 exact wishlist coupons
    3rd prize: 1 exact wishlist coupon
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail
    Last edited by MistyEyez; Sat, May 31st, 2014 at 10:59 PM.
    ROMEO and taffy like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Riders List (FINAL)

1. Anna Michele ~ Rec June 18 - Sent June 18 ~
    2. taffy ~ Rec June 22 -Sent June 22 ~
    3. Tinkerbella ~ Rec June 30 - Sent June 30 ~
    4. cjethani ~ Rec Aug 12 - Sent Aug 13 ~
    5. julesie-pie
    6. chesterjes
    7. start-the-car
    8. MistyEyez (HOME)
    Last edited by MistyEyez; Wed, Aug 13th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Trivia Questions

Trivia Question #1 - How many oceans border Canada?
    Answer: 3

Trivia Question #2 - What is the only mammal that can fly?
    Answer: Bat

Trivia Question #3 - What is the name for the science or study of plants?
    Answer: Botany

Trivia Question #4 - On May 18, 1980, this mountain in the Pacific northwest erupted after being dormant for 123 years. Which mountain is it?
    Answer: Mount St. Helens

Trivia Question #5 - What is normal human body temperature, rounded to the nearest whole number, in Fahrenheit and Centigrade?
    Answer: 99 degrees F, 37 degrees C

Trivia Question #6 - The top selling toy of Christmas, 1984, was what trivia game?
    Trivial Pursuit

Trivia Question #7 - Arnold Schwartzenegger was born on July 30, 1947 in which country?
    Austria

Trivia Question #8 - Which 17th century English physicist and mathematician is said to have discovered the principle of gravity?
    Isaac Newton

Trivia Question #9 - Of the oldest chemical elements, those known and used by humans for at least 2000 years are what metals? Name three.
    Gold, silver, iron, lead, copper, tin, zinc, mercury

Trivia Question #10 - What country of Africa has the largest population?
    Nigeria

Trivia Question #11 - The British Union Jack can be found in the of flaag which US state?
    Hawaii

Trivia Question #12 - What tropical lizard has the ability to change colors?
    Chameleon

Trivia Question #13 - In order to crow, a rooster must fully extend his what?
    Neck

Trivia Question #14 - The Diary of Anne Frank was written in what city?
    Amsterdam

Trivia Question #15 - Every day, the U.S. government spends over $500 million to replace what products?
    Old, torn, worn-out paper currency

Trivia Question #16 - What is the name of one of the world's busiest airports located in London, England?
    Heathrow

Trivia Question #17 - How many years did it take to build the Golden Gate Bridge?
    5 years

Trivia Question #18 - In human reproduction, the X- and Y-chromosomes determine gender. Is the X-chromosome associated with male or female characteristics?
    Female

Trivia Question #19 - Which planet has the largest moon: Earth, Jupiter or Saturn?
    Jupiter

Trivia Question #20 - In China these noodle-dough dumplings are filled with meat and boiled in soup, and are called what?
    Won ton

Trivia Question #21 - The world's fifth largest country in area covers about half of its continent. What country is this?
    Brazil

Trivia Question #22 - Painter Vincent Van Gogh was born in 1853, in what country?
    Holland or Netherlands

Trivia Question #23 - The fins of what fish are most commonly made into soup?
    Shark

Trivia Question #24 - What is America's oldest National Park?
    Yellowstone National Park

Trivia Question #25 - The first microwave ovens were created in which decade: 1970's, 1960's, 1950's or 1940's?
    1950's

Trivia Question #26 - Can you write two different 5-letter words, that begin with S, and ends with ING?
    Sling, Sting, Suing, Swing

Trivia Question #27 - What is the 12-letter word that means being able to do something equally well with both hands?
    Ambidextrous

Trivia Question #28 - It takes how many weeks for chicken eggs to hatch after the mother hen starts the incubation period?
    About 3 weeks

Trivia Question #29 - True or false: Birds are the only animals that have feathers.
    True

Trivia Question #30 - Over 80% of the world's bananas are grown in what continent?
    South America

Trivia Question #31 - The first James Bond film was released in 1962, starred Sean Connery, and included the name of a profession in the title. What was it?
    Dr. No

Trivia Question #32 - Early in his career, Elvis Presley released the most commercially successful double-sided hit record in pop music history. What were the titles of the two songs on the flip sides of this single record?
    Hound Dog, Don't Be Cruel

Trivia Question #33 - Can you name two Italian cheeses that begin with the letter "P"?
    Parmesan, Provolone, Pecorino

Trivia Question #34 - What is the only US state whose name is a single syllable?
    Maine

Trivia Question #35 - What is the memory span of a goldfish: 3 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds
    3 seconds

Trivia Question #36 - What is inside each kernel of popcorn that makes it pop when heated?
    Moisture or water

Trivia Question #37 - What are the three top automobile-producing countries?
    USA, Japan, Germany

Trivia Question #38 - What chemical in turkey meat is known to cause sleepiness?
    Tryptophan

Trivia Question #39 - At the end of the film, The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy clicks her heels and recites what five-word phrase?
    There's No Place Like Home!

Trivia Question #40 - What auto manufacturer was first to sell a hybrid vehicle in North America?
    Honda

Trivia Question #41 - What is the common four-letter name for the killer whale?
    Orca

Trivia Question #42 - What is a male cat called?
    Tom

Trivia Question #43 - What are the Starbucks names for small, medium and large sizes of coffee?
    Tall, Grande, Venti

Trivia Question #44 - For a long time fish and chips would have been considered the national dish of England, but these days, due to internationalization of the country, what foreign dish is even more likely to qualify as England's national dish?
    Curry

Trivia Question #45 - How many Canadian provinces border any of the Great Lakes?
    One

Trivia Question #46 - Who was the first European explorer to travel from Europe overland to the Pacific Ocean?
    Marco Polo

Trivia Question #47 - According to John Gray's bestselling self-help book, Men are from _________, and Women are from _________?
    Mars, Venus

Trivia Question #48 - What is the farthest planet in our solar system visible to the unaided eye?
    Saturn

Trivia Question #49 - True or false: Those beautiful peacocks, distinguished by their crested head, brilliant plumage, and long spotted back feathers, are always males.
    True

Trivia Question #50 - Humans have 7 vertebrae in our necks. Giraffes have how many: 7, 12, or 16?

Trivia Question #51 - The share price of what social network for professionals more than doubled in value the first day it was listed on the New York stock exchange on Thursday, May 20, 2011?
    LinkedIn

Trivia Question #52 - What is the name for the French dish of thin pancakes filled with sweet or spicy fillings?
    Crepes

Trivia Question #53 - How many US states begin with the letter M?

Trivia Question #54 - The months of July and August are named after whom?
    Julius and Augustus Caesar

Trivia Question #55 - When water passes through the gills of fish, the fish get what?
    Oxygen

Trivia Question #56 - This creature, which has more legs than any other, protects itself by spraying cyanide gas at its predators. What is it?
    Millipede

Trivia Question #57 - The heaviest freshwater fish ever caught weighed 468 pounds when caught in Benicia, California in 1963. What kind of fish was it?
    White Sturgeon

Trivia Question #58 - What popular fad that started in the 1980's included terms like "hand glide" and "back slide"?
    Break Dancing

Trivia Question #59 - US paper money has this formula: 75% of material A and 25% of material B. What are A and B?
    75% Cotton and 25% Linen

Trivia Question #60 - This historical period was characterized by the existence of dinosaurs, and the appearance of the earliest mammals and birds. It was named after a Swiss mountain range. What's the name?
    Jurassic

Trivia Question #61 - What's the difference between a turtle and a tortoise?
    Turtles can live in water or land, Tortoises live only on land

Trivia Question #62 - What is the only lizard with a voice? What company employs this creature (with a British accent) for its advertising?
    Gecko, Geico Insurance

Trivia Question #63 - Riddle: I'm not an airplane, but I fly through the sky. I'm not a river, but I'm full of water. What am I?
    A cloud

Trivia Question #64 - What country has the longest coastline?
    Canada

Trivia Question #65 - Name four types of birds whose names start with "P".
    Pigeon, Parrot, Parakeet, Penguin, Pelican, Peacock

Trivia Question #66 - Insects like bees, moths and beetles go through a number of stages of growth. What are the names of the two intermediate stages between the egg stage and the adult stage?
    Larva, Pupa

Trivia Question #67 - What two breeds of dog are most commonly used as seeing-eye dogs or guide dogs for the blind?
    German Shepard, Labrador Retriever / Golden Retriever

Trivia Question #68 - Are worker bees generally males or females?
    Female

Trivia Question #69 - Up to 17 feet in length, what venemous snake with a royal name expands the skin of its neck to form a flattened hood?
    King Cobra

Trivia Question #70 - What is the home town of Shakespeare?
    Verona, Italy

Trivia Question #71 - Capable of running 70 mph, what is the fastest land animal?
    Cheetah

Trivia Question #72 - Which animal produces pearls?
    Oysters

Trivia Question #73 - True or False: Bulls are naturally attracted to the color red.
    False

Trivia Question #74 - Which animal has the longest gestation period, about 645 days almost 2 years?
    Elephant

Trivia Question #75 - True or False: Horses usually sleep standing up.
    True

Trivia Question #76 - At about what age is a horse considered an adult?
    4-5 years old

Trivia Question #77 - These animals are perhaps the most endangered large animals on earth. There are only a few thousand of these left on the face of the earth, and they are being slaughtered by poachers. What are they?
    Rhinos

Trivia Question #78 - Human beings have 840 of these in their entire body, while elephants have 40,000 of them in their trunk alone. What are they?
    Muscles

Trivia Question #79 - An anaconda is a South American what?
    Snake
    Last edited by MistyEyez; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
    ROMEO, cjethani and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

yay me please I love game trains
    ROMEO and MistyEyez like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Me too...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Welcome aboard Anna Michele and cjethani!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

I'll take a seat please.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    359 (100%)

me please
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Welcome aboard start-the-car and chesterjes
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

3 more spots!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Me please
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Welcome aboard juliesie-pie!
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

2 seats left!
    ROMEO likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Well there doesn't seem to be as much interest as I would have thought so I will be closing the train to boarding on Sunday and will mail out on Monday. Hopefully we can get 2 more riders, but if not then I will just keep the train at 6.
    cjethani likes this.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

If its a trad train I can join, just cant do full vwts pmd addy
    MistyEyez likes this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information