• 4 Post By mandolinatou
  • 7 Post By DianneS
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By neelkamalll1979

Thread: I'm mad at my neighbor rant

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So my condo association has had a variety of difficulties in the last year and we resolved some by stopping to negotiate any sharing of labors with our next door neighbors who are bossy control freaks that have no idea what they are doing. We have two different associations on one common bit of yard so we are trying to divide up the yard. Then my neighbor above me who I get along with but remain irritated with because they don't contribute any work to the yard but do not want to pay for someone to do it. They claim disability prevents them from doing yard work, and while I believe they are disabled I do not think they are that disabled and if they are then I think they should contribute something else. Well today we had a neighborly fix up the yard get together. The woman who lives two floors above is too old to personally contribute labor so she sends us her daughter and son and they are lovely but they live far and only come for special projects. The woman above me just sat and watched us.

This year I managed to get 3 scotts ez grow containers of grass seed (which is growing mind you in our bare spots) this year from target for 59 cents each, since it was so cheap I did not charge the association. I also got a container of miracle grow seeds for next spring for 1.59. I got 3 really nice solar lamps for 1.00 each and a lovely never kink hose for 11 dollars, the hose they asked me to buy. I also was asked to buy ant insecticide which I also got 2 bottles from target on clearance for 3.00 for both. So you are understanding I scored for our condo association some very expensive stuff, inexpensively thanks to sales. Along with this they asked me to purchase a specific brand of tint for our balcony that never goes on sale. Which I purchased for 80 dollars. I should have purchased 4 but I got 2 to start. So they had to reimburse me like 115 dollars for all that including taxes. I don't charge them when I buy plants or miracle grow. I did not charge them for the grass. I do all the yard work and since we have terrible dirt I have to spread dirt every fall after raking and spread seeds. I never charged them for seeds. I don't get paid or discounts on my fees which I think they should be offering me. So when the lady upstairs said in front of everyone ok (mandolinatou) you are done shopping now, we have no more money. I COULD have punched her in the face. I didn't, I smiled and thought about how much I hate her.
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes, Target
    Ciel, dizzyb, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

"you are done shopping now, we have no more money. "

Congratulations on using immense self-control. That statement is evidence that "no good deed goes unpunished." Maybe you take a personal 'time out' and tell them it's someone else's turn to shop next year. When see the bills, they will quickly understand and thank you for the effort you put in for them. Sometimes the best way to make a point is to simply step back for a while and let others pick up the slack. If no one does, it only emphasizes your value to your neighbours and your condo association.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Oct 12th, 2014 at 04:04 PM.
    abbasgirl, Ciel, dizzyb and 4 others like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

1) You scored well on the grass seed and ant supplies. Good paints always costs and having to buy the right tint-$$.
    2) I second Dianne's recommendation-you sit the next round of lawn care out and make a point to remind committee of the one(s) who did not help out this fall.
    2) The owner above you seems to have a functioning mouth...there has to be a role for her to do.
    dizzyb, DianneS and torontogal12 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Why don't you just pave the area? And maybe use potted plants to green the space.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sounds like you need to make copies of the receipts and leave them in everyone's mailbox so they can see just how much it costs

I don't know the backstory but maybe they don't have the money to afford the nice landscaping work you do. Sucks you are not appreciated. I think it is time to stop

My experience is that people in condo buildings are awful. Don't do anything nice for them because when you do they will scream at you (literally).
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 14th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I live in a ''coop'' and this is not a condo.But we have to maintain and respect some rules.But the front yard and other things are not made by us.They are 3 persons on the community ,they have some meeting and the eldery nice woman plants some beautiful flowers.She maybe have a budget by the coop or doing on their owm because she is a passionnate I dont know.You have some rude neighbours,and you need to be more appreciiated if they do nothing or they need to be more involved.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know some neigbours are hard to deal with. If you are lucky you meet some really nice ones, and some are just down right miserable to even talk to. I had some of these neigbour before.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Thread Information