User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By shimshim
  • 4 Post By luckbealady

Thread: How to use Shoppers Drug Mart Personalized Coupons

WakkaWakka
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So this week I finally received personalized coupons for items that I need. Since, this is my first time using Shoppers Drug Mart coupons, I just had a few questions for the pros out there.

1. Are personalized coupons e-mailed only once every other week?

2. If I use a BOGOFree or a DollarsOff coupon, can I also use a manufacturer's coupon?

3. Can I combine a GetPointsWhenYouSpend with a BOGOFree or a DollarsOff?

4. Will BOGOFree be applied to all my purchases of a product in one transaction? (For example, if I buy 6 items will I get 3 free or just the first 1.) How about for DollarsOff?

5. The coupons state, "One-time offer only; limit of one coupon per transaction per customer." Does this mean I could use the same coupons again in another transaction, or does the first part negate that?

6. Can I price-match and then use a DollarsOff coupon? How about a BOGOFree?

7. If I use a Shoppers Drug Mart DollarsOff coupon will it effect whether or not I receive points offers? (For example, during spend $75 get 18,500 points events, I know that I can use manufacturer's coupons to bring the total down from $75 and still receive the 18,500 points. Do the personalized coupons work the same way?)

Any advice would help! Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    ROMEO and peachy1 like this.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

another amazing beakdown of questions. someone ans please. my shoppers cashiers never believe me when i say u can use a manu and a personal one for 1 thing. crazy
    SOmetimes reading the policy is as clear as mud. If you know what i mean.
    Last edited by peachy1; Sat, Oct 18th, 2014 at 11:47 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

1. Personalized coupons are emailed every week (usually Friday, although they are sometimes delayed). Personally I have had weeks where I did not get any, but they usually come back the next week. Every once in a while there will be a special coupon, for use only on the weekend, and while it is personalized, there will be no smaller coupons.

2. This is dependent on store. Some stores will allow it, some won't.

3. Yes. Just remember to take the reduced amount into your total, so you're spending enough to meet your spend minimum
    Personalized coupons work differently than manufacturer's coupons - they reduce the actual price of the item, instead of taking it off the total, so you don't earn points on the full price, just the price AFTER the coupon (I think momi had times where this rule wasn't true, but this is how it has worked in my experience).

4. No. It only applies once, no matter how many products you buy. This applies to both BOGO and $$ off coupons.

5. You cannot use coupons that apply points at a later date more than once (these are the big ones at the top, the points are not awarded until the 14th of the following month). Smaller coupons, for $$ off, BOGO, or points that are awarded right away so far can be used more than once. Coupons so far can be used again in a different transaction (your store could deny you using the coupon in more than one transaction, because of the wording). I would avoid excessive use, as the coupons are tracked when you use them.

6. Shoppers does not allow price matching.

7. See answer 3
    redfox, dahliagrower, Cata and 1 others like this.

Thread Information