User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Valerey

Thread: CRA - Child tax hasn't been deposited yet!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I filed my taxes way late, but they've been assessed and it shows on my CRA account that my Child tax benefit has been processed and that it's been deposited today, like the Universal benefit.
    However, the $100 Universal is in but my very large Child tax is not.
    I called the info line and it too says it's been deposited.
    I called my bank who said the usual deposit time is at 3:04am. Like I mentioned, the small benefit was deposited but not this.
    Any ideas? Thoughts? Help?
    Thanks in advance (quietly panicking)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think all you can do is wait. My CTC got deposited today (although unfortunately ours is a fair bit smaller than the Universal Childcare benefit, that we don't get anymore).
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

See if you can talk to a CRA representative and confirm that it did go to your bank account (verify bank, branch number and account number) and not into someone else's or that your benefit is showing up on their records and what dates/times they have.

Is it possible your account online or at the bank will show the benefit after 9am?

Given that in Ontario, a new provincial computer system has had financial impacts on provincial benefit recipients who did not get all or way more than their usual monthly sums, a computer glitch or human error might be behind it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

pinkdrinks, I see you are new to Smart Canucks
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    See if you can talk to a CRA representative and confirm that it did go to your bank account (verify bank, branch number and account number) and not into someone else's or that your benefit is showing up on their records and what dates/times they have.

Is it possible your account online or at the bank will show the benefit after 9am?

Given that in Ontario, a new provincial computer system has had financial impacts on provincial benefit recipients who did not get all or way more than their usual monthly sums, a computer glitch or human error might be behind it.
    Just to clarify for anyone, the new "computer system" mentioned affects only Ontario Works and ODSP (Ontario Disability) clients. This has no impact on Canada Revenue Agency payments/benefits.

Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Valerey, you are correct about the computer system. As humans are still involved with computer systems used by provinicial or federal governments, pinkdrinks would be fine in checking about the whereabouts of the deposit as it has not shown up at the usual time. It could be due to a glitch, human error, IT down or something else.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information