User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: SDM - Buying 5 tooth brushes is violation of their term leads to Account Cancellation

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Since you are currently reading OP, can you confirm that you bought the Pro health For Me brushes and used the $20 coupons - and was this on a 20x day?
    annedougherty likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's P&G's fault for NOT excluding the Pro Health For Me line. The customers and SDM are not at fault here. SDM and many other retailers accepted the coupons correctly according to term stated on the coupon. In order to deny the retailers' coupon rebate, P&G need to prove that the coupons were used for Vitality Line and that's not possible because last time I checked there's no Vitality written anywhere on the Pro Health For Me packaging. Sorry P&G you just have to accept your mistake proof read next time.

As for using it when it's 20x or 18500 WUS $75 it's not against SDM policy either as manufacturer coupons are allowed.
    LIVE SIMPLE and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

According to their website, Crest Pro Health For Me are Vitality brushes, so they can argue that they should not have been accepted, but I agree, the packaging doesn't state it

However, I know someone who bought a lot more than 5 and has their account intact so the story seems a bit fishy (unless they bought 5 multiple times)
    Midnightly and LIVE SIMPLE like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i'm wondering if this is a case where SDM accepted the coupon when it wasn't valid for the product bought...and when they claimed the coupon they were denied (coupon company did a coupon audit found there was not enough of the proper product sold..) and so SDM looked into who made the purchase using the coupons then cancelled the account

to me this isn't a case of buying 5 tooth brushes these were not your average tooth brush and this was not your average coupon being used
    that is exactly what I think too - when I lived in Ontario I did a part time job for Sobey's - sat in the office and did paperwork - also compared the amount of coupons used for the amount of product we had on hand. And sometimes we would receive letters from the coupon redemption place for denial saying the coupon was used incorrectly because not enough product on hand at the store between certain dates. SDM probably got the letter, searched the optimum cards of who used the coupons fraudently with the wrong toothbrush and now going after people. Probably more people have had there card cancelled and maybe they don't know about it yet.
    FallenPixels and Midnightly like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Since you are currently reading OP, can you confirm that you bought the Pro health For Me brushes and used the $20 coupons - and was this on a 20x day?

It was the Pro Health for Me and I did use the $20 coupon that was found at their store. I do not remember if there was extra points or not as my acount is closed with all the points gone. Either way it is their promotion and I didn't buy it multiple times, only bought 5.

What I don't agree is how SDM handls it, it seems like they shift all the blame to it's customer (me in this case). Even though, They did verify the coupons and then authorized the purchase, then cancelled my account like they had no responsibility. (SDM did not say there was problem with the coupons, only told me the # of my toothbrushes, so I am not going to speculate)

It is just very bad faith and poor handling

PS: When I was there looking at all the Oral B the different toothbrushes, they had 4 or 5 different toothbrush that had the "Vitality" name on the package, but also they had another 4 or more without the "Vitality", so I just picked up the one with lowest price at $25.99 + tax each.
    Last edited by Canada999; Fri, Jan 30th, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Finding it sad that a lot of comments on this thread seem to indicate the op is lying about either the circumstances surrounding the purchase therefore Shoppers is justified or that she is lying about the response she received from Shoppers. Nice welcome folks.

OP I hope you can get this sorted.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada999 View Post
    It was the Pro Health for Me and I did use the $20 coupon that was found at their store. I do not remember if there was extra points or not as my acount is closed with all the points gone. Either way it is their promotion and I didn't buy it multiple times, only bought 5.

What I don't agree is how SDM handls it, it seems like they shift all the blame to it's customer (me in this case). Even though, They did verify the coupons and then authorized the purchase, then cancelled my account like they had no responsibility. (SDM did not say there was problem with the coupons, only told me the # of my toothbrushes, so I am not going to speculate)

It is just very bad faith and poor handling

PS: When I was there looking at all the Oral B the different toothbrushes, they had 4 or 5 different toothbrush that had the "Vitality" name on the package, but also they had another 4 or more without the "Vitality", so I just picked up the one with lowest price at $25.99 + tax each.
    Its not the first time SDM has done it over perceived abuse, I remember it happened to multiple members a few years back (over ProHealth toothpaste) but I think they had all went on multiple trips to stores for them.
    In general, SDM's customer service (at HQ level) is lacking. They have told me things that directly contradict their coupon policy posted on their website.

I could see the issue with the coupons, but simply the number (5) of toothbrushes seems strange, especially when I know others on here have bought multiples. Could there be an issue with that store where it looks like you bought more? The register freezes and it shows many times that sort of thing? Have they confirmed 5 is the issue, maybe they think it is 50 for some reason?
    momof3heathens likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Its not the first time SDM has done it over perceived abuse, I remember it happened to multiple members a few years back (over ProHealth toothpaste) but I think they had all went on multiple trips to stores for them.
    In general, SDM's customer service (at HQ level) is lacking. They have told me things that directly contradict their coupon policy posted on their website.

I could see the issue with the coupons, but simply the number (5) of toothbrushes seems strange, especially when I know others on here have bought multiples. Could there be an issue with that store where it looks like you bought more? The register freezes and it shows many times that sort of thing? Have they confirmed 5 is the issue, maybe they think it is 50 for some reason?
    That is what I am thinking of, not only the pro health incident, but the incident involving the sudden loss of points just prior to a mega redemption, that occurred with many people. I'm pretty sure Shoppers never provided any answers with that giant mess too. I am never comfortable having a lot of points in my account. I know of another incident quite a few years back where someone was perceived to have bought too many Easter cards with some points promo attached. That person had an ongoing battle with them that I am not sure was ever solved.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was the number that I bought, not more.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not that you bought more, wondering if their system *thinks* you bought more
    I have heard of SDM deleting accounts for 100s but never 5, but if their system had a blip and it looks like you bought 50 to them, even though it was one purchase etc
    ~ ~ ~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information