User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: My points accumulation is going to skyrocket!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by splattergirl View Post
    where are these "good" Shoppers?
    They're not that "good". In Toronto, the newly-renovated Shoppers near my house now sells produce. Non-organic red delicious apples are $0.99 each and non-organic bananas are $0.69 each (i.e. for each one, not each lb nor kg). This doesn't make sense, since the regular price of non-organic bananas is $0.57 per lb at the Food Basics and No Frills locations in Toronto; the weight of the non-organic bananas at Shoppers are not close to being a lb each. Maybe that Shoppers doesn't have a method to weigh produce, so they can't sell per lb, but if they were going to take months to renovate the Shoppers to sell produce you would think they would change their cash registers to be able to weigh produce.
    Last edited by stevent; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 05:02 AM.
    amira84 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevent View Post
    They're not that "good". In Toronto, the newly-renovated Shoppers near my house now sells produce. Non-organic red delicious apples are $0.99 each and non-organic bananas are $0.69 each (i.e. for each one, not each lb nor kg). This doesn't make sense, since the regular price of non-organic bananas is $0.57 per lb at the Food Basics and No Frills locations in Toronto; the weight of the non-organic bananas at Shoppers are not close to being a lb each. Maybe that Shoppers doesn't have a method to weigh produce, so they can't sell per lb, but if they were going to take months to renovate the Shoppers to sell produce you would think they would change their cash registers to be able to weigh produce.
    I guess their model is convenience, rather than a grocery store like Loblaws or Superstore. They want the people who just want a couple items like apples and bananas (i.e. single bachelors) and don't want to hit a grocery store. It is like my local Starbucks that sells single bananas for $1. The people who buy them are those that want a quick snack, don't have time to go to a grocery store, single people who always get takeout, etc.
    thriftygranny and amira84 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information