• 4 Post By toronto166
  • 3 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 5 Post By Arvilish
  • 5 Post By Tweets77
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By terry2144
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By dededi

Thread: Yes, I am sure they don't live here!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK, so, we all know the story about the telemarketer who called me a b*tch over the phone, now, I am getting people calling my home, looking for someone who doesn't live there, and then they think I am lying about it!

Phone rings at home, pick up the phone, say "Hello," woman on the phone asks to speak to someone by the name of Marley. I said, "sorry you have the wrong number" and then she says, "Oh sorry" I say "No problem" and "Goodbye." The same woman calls again looking for the same person, I say again, "Sorry, but you have the wrong number again." Then she says to me "Are you sure? You sure you don't have someone living there by the name of B. Marley?" Me thinking in my head "Are you kidding me? I know who lives in my home! I then say again "Sorry, you have the wrong number" then she asks me "Sorry, are you sure, completely sure? Do you speak French?" OMG! I say again, "sorry no I do not, and wrong number", she then says "UGH" and then hangs up on me? Like seriously!

I am for sure now never answering the phone lol.

Thanks for listening everyone.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Feb 20th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    OK, so, we all know the story about the telemarketer who called me a b*tch over the phone, now, I am getting people calling my home, looking for someone who doesn't live there, and then they think I am lying about it!

Phone rings at home, pick up the phone, say "Hello," woman on the phone asks to speak to someone by the name of Marley. I said, "sorry you have the wrong number" and then she says, "Oh sorry" I say "No problem" and "Goodbye." The same woman calls again looking for the same person, I say again, "Sorry, but you have the wrong number again." Then she says to me "Are you sure? You sure you don't have someone living there by the name of B. Marley?" Me thinking in my head "Are you kidding me? I know who lives in my home! I then say again "Sorry, you have the wrong number" then she asks me "Sorry, are you sure, completely sure? Do you speak French?" OMG! I say again, "sorry no I do not, and wrong number", she then says "UGH" and then hangs up on me? Like seriously!

I am for sure now never answering the phone lol.

Thanks for listening everyone.
    OMG, my blood pressure just went up just for reading your post. We had the exact same thing happen at our work. It ended up being a collection agency and they were calling for someone who did not work at my company. We finally told them our company lawyers and the police were going to get involved if they called one more time and they didn't. Good luck Diva. DH and I never answer the phone at home if it is a number we do not recognize.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    OMG, my blood pressure just went up just for reading your post. We had the exact same thing happen at our work. It ended up being a collection agency. We finally told them our company lawyers and the police were going to get involved if they called one more time and they didn't. Good luck Diva. DH and I never answer the phone at home if it is a number we do not recognize.
    OMG you know my feeling then toronto166! LOL Thanks! I hoping this person doesn't call back again. I don't think they will. But I will not be answering the phone anymore lol. DH will be moving forward lol. Like you, my blood pressure will go nuts lol. He is more calmer then I lol. But, it just frustrates me lol. You can look up our telephone number and see who it is listed too. AND it is not to anyone by the name B. Marley lol. Also, another thing that has been getting to me is we keep getting the previous owners of our home's mail! Like it has been 4 years since they moved and we bought our home! Stop sending us their mail! UGH LOL

This person I could tell for sure was just trying to find someone, I think they knew, but, they just gave them the wrong number, because, the first time she called she said at the end to someone before she hanged up the phone "OH dear she must have giving me the wrong number! Now what?" lol. "

But, it was just funny how she didn't believe me.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Feb 20th, 2015 at 03:45 PM.
    ROMEO, terry2144 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I had the happened once...I just asked the person if he would like my identity to be mailed to him and then hanged up...gosh I am meany mean sometimes!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have had people call me to try to get my neighbor on the phone. (cause she was wanted by the police).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think they might be playing a prank on you. B. Marley might be Bob Marley?

If they keep insisting, just hang up on them.
    terry2144 and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am a renter. One place I lived I would get tons of mail for someone that looked like collections. I sent it all back. I had a home phone then and when I moved I started getting calls for them until I snapped on them. I don't know how you explain that but sheesh. Now we all have cells and I sure don't miss the home phone. I feel for ya Diva!
    saveadollardiva and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So far I have not gotten a call back from this woman, and hopefully I wont get anymore calls like this lol. I have had bad luck answering the phons lately.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had Immigration Canada show up at my door looking for someone who was living here before us. It sure is a bit unnerving to say the least.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    I've had Immigration Canada show up at my door looking for someone who was living here before us. It sure is a bit unnerving to say the least.
    I have not had that happen yet lol. Well yesterday got the duck cleaning guys calling lol. But, once I said I was not interested they were nice and hanged up lol. Having better luck lol.

Thread Information