User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What is an acceptable quantity of items to buy if you are clearing a shelf?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wtodd123 View Post
    I regularly buy 10 to 12 loaves of bread when it goes on sale & don't feel even slightly guilty about it; we (3 in our household) freeze it and use as we need it... I don't know that I've ever cleared a shelf doing this but to me it's simple economics and a smart buying practice. If the store I get my bread on sale doesn't have any left I just go to the same store in a different location to get it. Basically first come, first served... same rules for everybody.
    I don't think 12 loaves of bread is what anyone associates with shelf clearing anyhow.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I don't think 12 loaves of bread is what anyone associates with shelf clearing anyhow.
    As a growing teenager, my brother could eat a whole loaf for his after-school 'snack'. 12 loaves doesn't sound unreasonable to me.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I agree with you except that they aren't necessarily losing money just not making as much when a customer price-matches. Either way they are making more then they bought it for which is still successful business practice.
    Not always the case. A lot of times when items go on sale they are sale priced below what the store purchased them for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information