• 1 Post By Glendon Preece
  • 3 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By super807
  • 1 Post By Silk

Thread: less points on email complaints

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There were 3 mistakes on the first 2 weeks of offers so we stopped shopping completely.
    First mistake was overcharged $4.99 Tressemme BOGO didn't work. They got 5000 points back.
    Second Campbell soup smallest size and regular kind on sale 69 cents and 49 cent coupon didn't work. Offered 50 points
    Third same Campbell soup problem regular priced $1.29. Offered 50 points.
    I don't recommend emailing them because you won't get the owed money back on point value.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dizzyb and kimijeen like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had called them about missing points for a particular product that I had purchased which was offered at 10X the points. When I called about it, the representative was polite and quick to add the points. However, I later discovered I was shortchanged by about 30%. The amount wasn't worth arguing about, but I feel my loyalty swaying.
    kimijeen likes this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

My loyalty to SDM has been swaying ever since I noticed how generous Rexall is in awarding Air Miles points. I have accumulated over 700 points and I'll need them this month. That's almost $80 in redemption at Metro and I'm going to be short on my food budget otherwise. I think SDM may be taking our loyalty a bit too much for granted.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you guys notice that deals on a whole aren't the same as it was before? I remember getting free bottles of shampoo (herbal essence coupies), free luggage, watches etc (stella artois), etc. back in the day...I use to have a closet that was a store of freebies, now my closet just holds clothes !
    kimijeen and Poobah like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my Saturday shop turned into a bust...after all the planning and making a list, 500 points were missed because coke and ritz (doesn't work on sale items), 2 simple products 1000 doesn't work when combining with a digital coupon 10X, 2 almay products were instore only and didn't go (customer service wants me to go into the store and deal with them...really I have been on the phone with you for 20 minutes).

Then to top things off I should have had a scop (would have been my first one) but she ignored me and just price accuracy on me....even after I waited and request the scop....I think I will avoid all the shoppers buzz until all the digital coupons get settled!!!
    Poobah likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kimijeen View Post
    my Saturday shop turned into a bust...after all the planning and making a list, 500 points were missed because coke and ritz (doesn't work on sale items), 2 simple products 1000 doesn't work when combining with a digital coupon 10X, 2 almay products were instore only and didn't go (customer service wants me to go into the store and deal with them...really I have been on the phone with you for 20 minutes).

Then to top things off I should have had a scop (would have been my first one) but she ignored me and just price accuracy on me....even after I waited and request the scop....I think I will avoid all the shoppers buzz until all the digital coupons get settled!!!
    I know I haven't been shopping there as often since the new changes!! Until I know exactly how the system works, I'm only shopping if I know it will work. As for the SCOP, I know it could be intimidating to request SCOP, since it is your first time, next time ask to speak to the supervisor or manager, you were entitled to a SCOP!!
    Poobah likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a money off coupon for Delissio thin crust that didn't work on Sat so I called while out today and was told they wouldn't help me until I had my receipt in hand, it was actually in my bag still. Got home called again and was given 2000 points in less than 30 seconds once agent saw the shop on Sat and the coupon still sitting in my account. BAM!!!! 1.25 coupon got me 2k points Though she was a bit snippy about it.
    Poobah likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have always believed that you get a better response when you call rather than email.

I called when one of my offers for $2 off didn't work. I didn't buy the product but called to report the problem. They gave me enough points to either buy the product at full price or use it for something else. I was very happy with that response!

Silk
    Valerey, Poobah and Glendon Preece like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I emailed a few weeks ago when my pay $0.49 for Campbell's soup coupon didn't work. I paid $2.49 instead. They gave me 4,000 points for it, so they more than made up for the $ I overpaid. Easier for me to email than call, and worked out well. Was first time I ever contacted SDM with a problem.

About two weeks later I had to call because 16K points had not been awarded. The rep was not very nice, gave me a hard time and incorrect info about the fact that had to be after coupon amount, but gave me points "this one time" anyway. I did not enjoy the call.

So email is better for me.
    Silk and Poobah like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I emailed a few weeks ago when my pay $0.49 for Campbell's soup coupon didn't work. I paid $2.49 instead. They gave me 4,000 points for it, so they more than made up for the $ I overpaid. Easier for me to email than call, and worked out well. Was first time I ever contacted SDM with a problem.

About two weeks later I had to call because 16K points had not been awarded. The rep was not very nice, gave me a hard time and incorrect info about the fact that had to be after coupon amount, but gave me points "this one time" anyway. I did not enjoy the call.

So email is better for me.

Yes, I see your point - some CS reps (not just at Optimum) are unpleasant to deal with. Maybe it's not about the mode of communication after all, but comes down to who's at the other end

Silk
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.
    Have a great life!

Thread Information