User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: i'm black?!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have no idea why I feel there is so much more to this. Turning herself black, well yes she does her own weave and tanned herself, but she never willfully darkened her skin. I think she must have immersed herself so deeply within the black culture at some point that perhaps she started to experience racism and went through some other struggles ( because her appearance would certainly fool many ) and maybe she decided the next logical step was for her to help their cause??
    I am hoping for the best outcome on this story for her sake, and for her son(s).
    dededi likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had to do a little looking around because I heard or read somewhere that her parents didn't just decide to 'out' her...and I found this:

Over the years, Dolezal has reported that she was the victim of several hate-crime incidents, including two separate incidents involving a noose. KXLY, a news station out of Spokane, started investigating the incidents and reached out to her parents.
    That’s when her parents exposed the fact that she wasn’t, as she describes herself, black.

It was Rachel herself who was making accusations about her parents and their abuse.
    I'm not one to say whether or not someone is lying about abuse but why NOW from Rachel?! That's the question...
    http://nypost.com/2015/06/15/why-al-...ezals-parents/
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's no more complicated than her being a huge liar. She has been caught and yet still continues to lie. What she "identifies" with seems to be whatever is most self serving for her at the time. She is the cause of all of this. She is not the victim now that she's been found out. And what she said about needing to look a certain way to be her son's 'real' mother- just disgusting. I have no sympathy for her. I don't think it's complicated at all. I think she's a self-centered liar.

There's not many of these stories that I even bother follow. This woman, however, really annoys me.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I had to do a little looking around because I heard or read somewhere that her parents didn't just decide to 'out' her...and I found this:

Over the years, Dolezal has reported that she was the victim of several hate-crime incidents, including two separate incidents involving a noose. KXLY, a news station out of Spokane, started investigating the incidents and reached out to her parents.
    That’s when her parents exposed the fact that she wasn’t, as she describes herself, black.

It was Rachel herself who was making accusations about her parents and their abuse.
    I'm not one to say whether or not someone is lying about abuse but why NOW from Rachel?! That's the question...
    http://nypost.com/2015/06/15/why-al-...ezals-parents/
    Did you see this story?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...a-black-child/

Oh my oh my.....the family has been in pain for a while it seems.
    In an similar article reporting about this arrest it claims the girl first went to her mother and told her what the brother did and she dismissed it and said " stop telling lies " and did not believe the victim. I am NOT saying that is what actually happened, BUT if it is what happened then that speaks volumes about the mother. Who does NOT believe a young child? Well the saga will continue until it no longer continues.
    There are too many layers to this onion for me to judge prematurely, so I will sit back and wait for all the real facts to come out.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information