User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Do you know who pays for it when you Price Match @ a Grocery Store ? Surprise !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Very interesting post.

But I wonder who pays for what I call "grey area price matching"

My example of this would be things like no frills (for example) have a sale on condensed soup (cream of tomato, mushroom, chicken noodle) and in their description they have the wording of assorted variety. Now I take that flyer into rcss (for example) and use it to buy the more expensive cream soups and the cashier does the deal.

I would think that after a while if all the mfgs would either started to refuse giving them the money back or coming up with new guidelines around what the mfgs will cover or not then the stores might either stop price matching or making it really hard to do it.

I use the price matching for things like getting the good price but if I buy it at no frills I will also get points, but I know a lot of people that do not have access to a car pm as a way to bring down their overall grocery bill and do it in a one shop.

I know this post is a bit off of topic but in the area I live, most of the stores have or are changing their price matching rules and I'm sure it is because of abuse.

If it does go away I'm sure going to miss things like regular price - price match + instore points + points offers - coupon = really good deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Why would you have pm'd for the cream soups in the first place as you know/knew that those ones are/were never intended to be part of the deal in the first place?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow i wonder how you read in the post that i have done it

That was a example of the things i have seen done by people in the checkout line in front of me ( in that example the person bought something like 24 of them)

Maybe i should of worded the post a bit different

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Wow i wonder how you read in the post that i have done it

That was a example of the things i have seen done by people in the checkout line in front of me ( in that example the person bought something like 24 of them)

Maybe i should of worded the post a bit different
    Sorry I didn't mean it that way. You did say "for example". apologies.
    Thatdone likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information