• 4 Post By Redneck Charger
  • 4 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 4 Post By brunt
  • 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By brunt
  • 1 Post By Frugalbigmama

Thread: 1Canadian dollar=1 US dollar @ Myrtle Beach!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Expired on: Wed, Dec 12th, 2018
    Can't afford a sunny vacation spot because of the low Canadian dollar?
    Well, Myrtle Beach understands. The Canadian dollar is accepted at par in Myrtle Beach.

It seems that they are missing a lot of their regular Canadian annual visitors.

Don't like Myrtle Beach?
    Arizona and Florida has deals, to entice Canadians to come for a visit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cana...irds-1.3433817
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Feb 7th, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting Shwa.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is so awesome, especially the way our dollar is at the moment, Thank you @Shwa Girl

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It seems that the airlines are hurting too.
    Air Canada has some flight deals -- during March! Just in time for March Break!

Flights are always really expensive during March-- but not this year.
    avoncallingu, mulock, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

University students who have reading week in two weeks probably will want to reach for the sun.
    avoncallingu, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    University students who have reading week in two weeks probably will want to reach for the sun.
    avoncallingu, Ciel and dededi like this.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I used to dread reading week. I studied Engineering at Waterloo and didn't get the week off as the co-op program did not have enough extra time in it to allow for reading week plus three full semesters per year.

So every year, just before reading week the other students would go around wishing each other a nice reading week right before our midterms started. And then we had midterms while the remaining other students stayed around in residence and partied since they didn't have classes for the week.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    I used to dread reading week. I studied Engineering at Waterloo and didn't get the week off as the co-op program did not have enough extra time in it to allow for reading week plus three full semesters per year.

So every year, just before reading week the other students would go around wishing each other a nice reading week right before our midterms started. And then we had midterms while the remaining other students stayed around in residence and partied since they didn't have classes for the week.
    Did they pay engineering students on co-op placements?
    avoncallingu, Ciel and dededi like this.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Did they pay engineering students on co-op placements?
    Yes, we had interviews (during class time, you could always tell who had interviews as they showed up to class in suits or dresses), and negotiated pay just like you experience in the real world.

Best education possible in my view. It takes an extra year (five years rather than the typical four), but you graduate with two years of experience plus direct contacts in business. My first job was with my last co-op placement.

And best of all, except for a smallish contribution by my parents ($737.11), I paid for the whole thing myself, and graduated with a $4,000 loan that I paid off in a few months once I started working. This debt was due to the fact that the last two semesters had no work term between them (total of eight semesters of school and six of work).

I honestly think that parents paying for the entire education is doing the kids a disservice. You definitely learn to be serious about your studies and budgeting if you are picking up your own tab. Highly, highly recommended.
    mulock, Ciel and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    Yes, we had interviews (during class time, you could always tell who had interviews as they showed up to class in suits or dresses), and negotiated pay just like you experience in the real world.

Best education possible in my view. It takes an extra year (five years rather than the typical four), but you graduate with two years of experience plus direct contacts in business. My first job was with my last co-op placement.

And best of all, except for a smallish contribution by my parents ($737.11), I paid for the whole thing myself, and graduated with a $4,000 loan that I paid off in a few months once I started working. This debt was due to the fact that the last two semesters had no work term between them (total of eight semesters of school and six of work).

I honestly think that parents paying for the entire education is doing the kids a disservice. You definitely learn to be serious about your studies and budgeting if you are picking up your own tab. Highly, highly recommended.
    Yes! You can usually tell which students are on a free ride from their parents!
    I had a loan and once I was finished my mother and sister lent me the money to pay my loan off and I paid them back quickly. I am so thankful for that!
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information