• 2 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By xueer246
  • 1 Post By Silk
  • 5 Post By Anna Michele
  • 2 Post By stevstevd
  • 2 Post By annedougherty
  • 2 Post By nalaric
  • 2 Post By peachies

Thread: Redemptions - is this new or new to me, or a glitch?

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I did a 50,000 pts = $100 redemption this past weekend. One of the products I redeemed for had a 10x the points offer. Since I was redeeming, I did not expect to get it - but I actually did end up getting 9x the points. So didn’t get the base points - doesn’t show up in my base points total which shows the points I was over $100 because of coupons, but 9x the points does show up in where it says “bonus store points” and in the “total points earned today”.

For example:

item is $10
    normally base points would be 100, but receive none due to redemption
    10x the points would be 1000
    receive 900 points bonus store points (1000 minus 100)

I assume it was a glitch but maybe this is something new or just new to me...? Anyone else have this happen?

p.s. My store doesn't have the new cash register software yet, so it's not because of that - *if* that's even part of the new software.

Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Apr 10th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.
    WINNIPEGZELDA and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

maybe your subtotal is over 110, so when you did 100 redeem, there is still 10 left.
    I did 100 redeem last night also, my subtotal is 119, so I get my point for my egg, but didn't get the point for spending $40.
    Silk and Davetherave like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

My subtotal was $103 minus $3 for coupons = $100. And I received only 30 base points for the $3 in coupons. Remember the 900 pts are not base points, but in store bonus points. Only that item had an X time the points offer.

Silk
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

You always get in store bonus points no matter if you redeem or not

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Silk, marste, torontogal12 and 2 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I did a 50,000 pts = $100 redemption this past weekend. One of the products I redeemed for had a 10x the points offer. Since I was redeeming, I did not expect to get it - but I actually did end up getting 9x the points. So didn’t get the base points - doesn’t show up in my base points total which shows the points I was over $100 because of coupons, but 9x the points does show up in where it says “bonus store points” and in the “total points earned today”.

For example:

item is $10
    normally base points would be 100, but receive none due to redemption
    10x the points would be 1000
    receive 900 points bonus store points (1000 minus 100)

I assume it was a glitch but maybe this is something new or just new to me...? Anyone else have this happen?

p.s. My store doesn't have the new cash register software yet, so it's not because of that - *if* that's even part of the new software.

Silk

I loaded a coupon onto my card, and got it even with redeeming for 200. My total was 200.09, redeemed 200, paid the taxes, and still got 800 pts for a toilet bowl cleaner I picked up. I think though, if you have a couple of coupons loaded, it may only choose 1. ex. if you had 15x on a specific product, and 400 bonus on that same product it will pick one of them.

Another time I had a 20x loaded, and a spend 30 get 8000 pts food snack, but it applies to only 1, even though I met the requirements for both (ie- I would have had to do 2 transactions). it seems to always change though.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yep, you always get them.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    I loaded a coupon onto my card, and got it even with redeeming for 200. My total was 200.09, redeemed 200, paid the taxes, and still got 800 pts for a toilet bowl cleaner I picked up. I think though, if you have a couple of coupons loaded, it may only choose 1. ex. if you had 15x on a specific product, and 400 bonus on that same product it will pick one of them.

Another time I had a 20x loaded, and a spend 30 get 8000 pts food snack, but it applies to only 1, even though I met the requirements for both (ie- I would have had to do 2 transactions). it seems to always change though.
    you get the small offers, but not the "big" when you spend offer (food and snacks)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yes This happen to me in Feb when I did a beauty redemption. I received 10x points for Vichy products

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

To clarify, this was an offer in the flyer- not an email offer that I loaded.

I knew you got fixed points on products e.g. 250 bp wub X but not the 10x pts (etc) wub X on a redemption - I thought you had to pay oop to get those. Again I'm talking about flyer offers, not email offers

Thanks everyone - I guess this is new to me - earning the 10x pts (etc.) advertised in the flyer!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Apr 11th, 2016 at 06:21 PM.

Thread Information