• 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By sampler
  • 2 Post By sweetbabigrl
  • 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 2 Post By My two Canadian cents
  • 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 2 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: McDonald's coupons (valid May 9 or 10 to June 5 or 12, 2016)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Tue, Jun 14th, 2016
    http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/promotions/coupons.html currently displays a countdown timer, but if you follow the links below you can get a preview of the upcoming coupons and print them. Depending on the province or territory, the coupons are valid from either May 9 to June 5, May 9 to June 12, or May 10 to June 12. The coupons can also be accessed on the McDonald's Canada app probably beginning on May 9. You might also receive a set of the coupons with your mail on or after May 9.

Some McDonald's locations have self-order machines that have the option to enter a "coupon number" (i.e. the barcode number), so you can avoid the hassle of printing the coupon (also saving on ink and paper) and using the app (also saving on the battery life of your smartphone or tablet) if you know the barcode number of the coupon you want to use and you order at the self-order machine.

1. Select the "I Have A Coupon" button on the top right of the food and drinks selection screen.
    2. On the following screen, it instructs you to scan the barcode on your coupon. Select the "Enter By Hand" button at the bottom of that screen.
    3. On the following screen, a keypad appears for you to enter a "coupon number".

For the 1 can dine lunch/dinner and the 2 can dine lunch/dinner coupons, the self-order machine allows you to substitute the medium fountain drink(s) mentioned on the coupons for small, medium or large premium roast brewed coffee(s) for no additional charge (which is a better deal if you prefer coffee over a fountain drink, plus the coffee comes with one of the seven required stickers for a free medium McCafe hot drink). McDonald's locations that have self-order machines can be found by searching a postal code at http://www4.mcdonalds.ca/createyourtaste, which displays locations that have the option of creating your own burger that require the use of a self-order machine.

Alberta, Northwest Territories and Lloydminster, Saskatchewan (valid May 10 to June 12)
    British Columbia and Yukon (valid May 10 to June 12)
    Manitoba (valid May 10 to June 12)
    Maritimes: New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island (valid May 9 to June 5)
    Newfoundland and Labrador (valid May 9 to June 5)
    Ontario (valid May 9 to June 5)
    Quebec (valid May 9 to June 12)
    Saskatchewan (valid May 10 to June 12)
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's, No Frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/content/dam/...ailer_WM_7.jpg

I might go for a small coffee and the FREE Danish pastry with it.

Can you just show them the coupon on the smart phone after downloading ? Don't want to print the cpn and waste ink, paper and time each time
    sampler and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

For the B1G1 Free , do you just have to buy medium or large fries with it to get the B1G1 Free. Or do you also have to buy Poutine or Side Salad in addition to the fries ?

I remember it used to be buy fries and fountain drink to get the B1G1.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thanks for posting

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going for the danish freebie !
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No danish freebie for BC but I'm surprised that there's coupons out so fast. It just ended earlier this month. Does anyone know when dollar drinks start?
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    For the B1G1 Free , do you just have to buy medium or large fries with it to get the B1G1 Free. Or do you also have to buy Poutine or Side Salad in addition to the fries ?

for the BOGO (atleast in BC) it's just a straight BOGO with no need to buy anything extra for example buy a 6pk nuggets get a 6pk free no need to buy fries or drinks
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/content/dam/...ailer_WM_7.jpg

I might go for a small coffee and the FREE Danish pastry with it.

Can you just show them the coupon on the smart phone after downloading ? Don't want to print the cpn and waste ink, paper and time each time

I'm assuming you're in Ontario since you linked to Ontario coupons. In Ontario, you can just buy medium or large fries. Specifically it's medium fries, large fries, poutine, or side salad. Not medium fries or large fries with poutine or side salad.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 04:03 AM.
    Ciel and tjthemanto like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

YMMV vary on which staff/stores will accept the PDF copy on your phone... Some will, some wont. HOWEVER, If you have a Smartphone, you should be using the McDonald's Canada app. The coupons are built right into the app, including the barcodes and numbers for the "Create Your Taste" self ordering kiosks... and staffers always accept those.

It's actually just buy any one of the list... Either Med or Large Fries -OR- Poutine -OR- Side Salad. FWIW, if you click the links the OP provided to each province, it will open to a PDF... every other page on the PDF has the reverse side of the coupons that you can read the terms. (eg: for the coupons on Pg1 the terms are on pg3 of the PDF)

OR... If you have that McDonald's Canada app I mentioned earlier, the terms of each coupon are displayed on the face of the digital version.

Cheers
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
    Ciel, tjthemanto and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Cool . Are the Medium fries approx. $ 1.99 or something like that ? I think Big Mac is $ 5.49 or something. Ofcourse the price varies slightly depending on where you go.

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    I'm assuming you're in Ontario since you linked to Ontario coupons. In Ontario, you can just buy medium or large fries. Specifically it's medium fries, large fries, poutine, or side salad. Not medium fries or large fries with poutine or side salad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    YMMV vary on which staff/stores will accept the PDF copy on your phone... Some will, some wont. HOWEVER, If you have a Smartphone, you should be using the McDonald's Canada app. The coupons are built right into the app, including the barcodes and numbers for the "Create Your Taste" self ordering kiosks... and staffers always accept those.

It's actually just buy any one of the list... Either Med or Large Fries -OR- Poutine -OR- Side Salad. FWIW, if you click the links the OP provided to each province, it will open to a PDF... every other page on the PDF has the reverse side of the coupons that you can read the terms. (eg: for the coupons on Pg1 the terms are on pg3 of the PDF)

OR... If you have that McDonald's Canada app I mentioned earlier, the terms of each coupon are displayed on the face of the digital version.

Cheers
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    for the BOGO (atleast in BC) it's just a straight BOGO with no need to buy anything extra for example buy a 6pk nuggets get a 6pk free no need to buy fries or drinks
    Wow, That's great. Wish it was the same here. The fries and drinks are such a rip-off, not worth it.

I would get that almost everyday, if it was the same here. Don't really want to waste 2-3 bucks extra on fries which I don't really need or like. Their burgers regular price are also too expensive for me, but BOGO without any strings attached definitely worth it
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The coupons become valid tomorrow (May 9) in some provinces and the rest of Canada on Tuesday (May 10).

Thread Information